Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2008, 10:30 AM

Default Report on Trip to Great Falls

Went to Great Falls MT on Friday to pick up a travel trailer and went to Big Bear and Scheel's to check out prices and see whats what.

PSE X Force Dream Season - Calgary Price $899, Scheels Price $799 (I will be buying in Calgary as I like the local shops and the support/service that you get)

Brass and bullets - Scheels was $13.99 for 50 270 brass and $23.99 for 50 45/70 brass (about 50-60% of local costs), bullets were about 70% of local costs for noslers (hard cast were about the same) Big bear was more expensive again.

Guns - better selection but only about 10-15% less in general.

Leupold vx1 -2-7 X 33 - $209 (not in stock) vs $249 here in stock

So I ended up buying some reloading components but I think that generally speaking we have decent pricing here in Calgary. Especially when you add in the exchange (right now we lose 5% after the bank takes their cut) and duties.

Also no problems getting across the border, they didn't even ask any questions when I declared the bullets and casings.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:06 PM

Default trailer

just curious if you bought your trailer in the states. if so any problems bringing it over the border? i am planing to do the same
Old 01-22-2008, 08:32 AM

hornhunter,

I bought one in Great Falls in Nov and just picked it up and brought it back, no problems at the border, 25 minutes from the time I got there until I drove away. I am thinking of selling this one and doing it again but our dollar is dropping.