Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2008, 08:22 AM
TundraBuck

Default Any Paranormal Stories?

Have any of you guys had any paranormal encounters while out camping, hunting, fishing, trapping, hiking, etc? I would love to hear them, I love these kinds of stories. I have had two myself which I will share later on.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:29 AM

Yep..............quite common. Aliens remove all the game from the area where I am hunting. I've seen them land in the dark of the night (before legal hunting).....load up the ark and take-off. Quite frustrating when this happens.

Last edited by CNP; 01-18-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: green light
Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 AM

You sure you're posting this on the right forum? Doesn't seem llike a good thing to admit to, if you want to keep your friends and stay off the funny farm.
Grizz
Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 AM

I'm sure there are many around who have had bucks who could defect a bullet or arrow WITH THEIR MINDS. They just won't admit to it (must have been a treebranch or blade of grass. Rrrriiight).

Can't say I've had anything happen to me.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:50 AM

I know one time in a hunting camp i woke up in a place i did not remember walking to, without the clothing I remember wearing the night before, with a pounding headache, blurry light sensitive vision, nauseous, and couldn't find my quad...

I figured i was kidnaped by an alien
Who implanted something in my head, thus the headache

Used a bright light to record my retina configuration for future identificatin thus the blurry lih sensitive eyes

The shock to my system caused the nausea

and the memory loss due to a memory wipe...

they kept my clothing for a sample

the last conscious thought I have was lying on the gound looking at a landed square shaped golden space ship with a small round entry port at the end of a tube. Stamped on the ship were the words.......Jose Cuervo
Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM

Nekred,
Thats strange, I use to have those same kind of encounters. Darnest thing though.....sometimes I'd wake up in the next province. They must have tranquilized me, brought me aboard their space ship and when it was time to put me back, forgot where they found me.
DAMN!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:22 PM

My ex-wife's cat used to wait until we had guests and were discussing something he thought was important, then stroll into the room, park himself in the middle of the carpet, and clean the lense on the camera hidden up his butt-h*le while sticking his leg straight out - transmitting the human conversation and video feed to the alien's mothership circling the planet.

If every cat in the world did this simultaneously, then the aliens would know the exact right moment to invade earth.

My dog, instinctively recognizing that cats are really alien colloborators, would do his best to harass the little traitor at every opportunity. Unfortunately, well intentioned but sadly mis-informed cat lovers (generally women), keep on inviting more cats into our living rooms. This is a very dangerous state of affairs.

(gawd I miss the X-Files....)
Old 01-18-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
I know one time in a hunting camp i woke up in a place i did not remember walking to, without the clothing I remember wearing the night before, with a pounding headache, blurry light sensitive vision, nauseous, and couldn't find my quad...

I figured i was kidnaped by an alien
Who implanted something in my head, thus the headache

Used a bright light to record my retina configuration for future identificatin thus the blurry lih sensitive eyes

The shock to my system caused the nausea

and the memory loss due to a memory wipe...

they kept my clothing for a sample

the last conscious thought I have was lying on the gound looking at a landed square shaped golden space ship with a small round entry port at the end of a tube. Stamped on the ship were the words.......Jose Cuervo
Just as long as you didn't get probed...
Old 01-18-2008, 03:18 PM

Last fall I was hunting in WMU 520. During the morning fog, I spotted a small figure, it was about 3 feet high, all green and had long arms that reached to the ground.
I felt very uncomfortable, but I said: I am a hunter who are you?
I am a game warden, and I am taking a dump…..
Old 01-18-2008, 03:22 PM

A good show is on Mondays after Intervention on A&E called Paranormal State. Really good show, try watching that.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by panwojciech View Post
Last fall I was hunting in WMU 520. During the morning fog, I spotted a small figure, it was about 3 feet high, all green and had long arms that reached to the ground.
I felt very uncomfortable, but I said: I am a hunter who are you?
I am a game warden, and I am taking a dump…..
Hey !!! I saw exactly the same thing up in 537
Old 01-18-2008, 05:06 PM
TundraBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
Hey !!! I saw exactly the same thing up in 537
Me too but in 339.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
You sure you're posting this on the right forum? Doesn't seem llike a good thing to admit to, if you want to keep your friends and stay off the funny farm.
Grizz
I rest my case.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:09 PM
lurch

Last edited by lurch; 01-22-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
TundraBuck

Guys I was talking more ghostly/saquacthy stuff.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 PM

Old 01-18-2008, 10:48 PM

wit, is something this forum doesn't lack.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:03 PM

Okay Tundra buck, let's hear yours.
Grizz
Old 01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
TundraBuck

Alright. Now strangely enough, I was doing a little exploration on google earth the other night, and around the same area I had my encounter (Saunders, south side of hwy 11 along the north sask river by camp alexo) there were a whole bunch of orange dots.. i clicked on them and they turned out to be sasquatch sightings/reports. Anyways, I read one report where there were some campers from Camp Alexo, and as it was getting dark they decided to walk to the graveyard in there. Now there is a big tower back in there, and the report claimed the sasquatch was up the big tower and when it spotted them it jumped off and went screaming into the bush. Well we had sort of the same experience. We were camped in there, close to the graveyard, inside the bush, away from everyone else. This was in late september it was an elk/deer/grouse camp. Well the first night out, while sitting around the fire, we could all hear some screaming in the bush. We thought not much of it at the time, but this persisted for a good part of the night. We all had our rifles close to us. Woke up the next morning, went and had a look in the area we heard the screams and nothing, no tracks or any sign. So we hunted that day, and ended up coming back with 2 whitetails, a muley buck, and a 4 point bull elk (6 of us camped) So we were busy hanging and skinning. Anyways, we all went to bed early because we were exhausted and were getting up super early that next morning. We were in the trailers probably 10 minutes when we heard the screams again. There was 4 of us in the big 5th wheel and 2 of them in the camper, which was maybe 15 feet away. Anyways, the guy who owned the 5th wheel was sleeping closest to the door, and we could hear this thing getting louder and louder, it was getting closer. Well it finally sounded like it was right outside the window looking in at us when the guy who owned the 5th wheel jumped out with his rifle loaded. I was half asleep, but I remember him yelling some words that shouldn't be posted on here, and then hearing 3 gunshots. Then hearing some really loud screams, twice as loud as we had heard before. Anyways, he was shaking when he came back in. He told us that he had indeed seen a sasquatch. He said it looked about 7 and a half feet tall and was hairier then all hell. Running on 2 legs back into the bush (He must have missed) We did find some tracks, in the mud, but it had rained over top of them. They did look too big for bear tracks, and they were long and narrow like a persons but you just couldn't tell, and of course I had no camera, this was in 1985. Anyways, that morning the guy packed everything up and went home. And to this day he will never go back in there. I have hunted in there after, for deer, elk, and chickens. Whenever I am walking in there, I am always looking over my shoulder. You just get that feeling like something is following you, I don't know I have hunted in a lot of places but never feel anything like I do there. It could have been a huge black bear, or a moose, or I don't know what. Call me crazy, but hell I never saw it so I don't know. I say a huge black bear, but he says sasquatch.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:22 PM

Tundra, you (or should I say your buddy) is not alone....

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_...=ca-al&county=
Old 01-19-2008, 10:13 PM

when i was 6 we lived on a 15 section grain farm just out side of mankota sask.i remember sitting out in the yard watching 7or8 lights shinning up in the night sky over or north section .i called my dad and pointed them out to him and he said that it probly was the nieghbor and his kids out spotlighting deer. we watch the lights move around for around a hour then they disapered.the next day me dad phoned the nieghbor to see if he got anything.don told my dad that he wasn't out and thought it was us.we meet don and his sons out by the north section for a look around. i don't remember how long we drove around 15 20 minutes maby when don found a circle about 60 feet wide burned into the ground on top of a small hill. i remember my dad being ****ed off that some one had a fire in the hay field. we talked a bit but nobody recalled seeing a fire just lights. my dad called the RCMP in town and he came out to the farm and we went back out to the burn site. this time when we got there the dogs that taged along wouldn't come anywere near the circle, and if you tried they whine and snap at you. the officer also noticed that only one side of a sage bush had been burnt while the other side was still green.we had a couple guys from the universite come out that don knew with some cool stuff and took some samples and readings don't know what they found if anything.went back 2 years ago to look for arrow heads and stuff and that circle is still there nothing will grow in that area the gophers will dig holes all around it but not in it. i'm 38 years old and still get chills down my spine thinking about it.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:27 AM

Thanks for sharing your stories guys, very interesting.

Although all I can add, is that I've been on several occasions in the bush, when things just were unusually quiet all of a sudden, and just didn't feel right, or had a distinctive 'CHILL' about them. Hard to describe, but I'm sure that many can releate.

I have one other, but it requires booze and a face-to-face.

Tree
Old 01-20-2008, 11:09 AM

Tundra's account brings back memories of a "paranormal" experience, we created. Our family was camped on the upper part of the North Burnt Timber, with the intention of doing some trail riding and spending quality time. We were back of the beaten track along the creek and thought we had total privacy until a bunch of all night party types, moved in next door. there were about 6 or 8 of them and being tolerant, we let them go on till about one o'clock in the morning. I didn't think it was a good idea to talk to a bunch of drunken idiots, so my wing nut younger son, who takes after his old man, came up with an idea. We were camped in kind of a bowl, surrounded by a steep bank, perfect for accoustics. He climbed to the top and started wailing and howling, like a banshee. the effect was immediate, at the neighboring camp. Total silence folllowed by the unmistakable sounds of them packing up camp. Took about 5 minutes. My other son went out to keep an eye on our horses, since the people would have to drive right past were they were tied. One guy was leading a car out on foot with a flashlight. My son aske him how come they were leaving so suddenly in the middle of the night. There's some kind of madman out here somewhere, was the reply.
Grizz
Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 AM
TundraBuck

Good one Grizz!!

And Reeves, yes, if you read the one from September 1993 it was very close to the same spot!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 02:34 PM

Default Bird Dog

I have this 10 year old black lab, he's turned into a great upland dog plus he doubles as an end table when sitting around the fire !!! My 3 kids just love him, they can do whatever they want to him and he just loves the attention..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bird dog 2.jpg (128.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0326.jpg (104.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Bird Dog.jpg (61.6 KB, 19 views)