Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2020, 03:00 PM

Default Fisher fireplace/insert - value??

Picked this up at auction for a buddy. It was a last minute impulse buy as I knew he had been looking, turns out he already picked up what he needed, unbeknownst to me. This thing looks like a beast, and rather than pick it up and bring it home, unload it, sell it, and then reload it to go, I thought it might be easier to sell it and just deliver it once it's on my truck.

The internet is obviously all over the map as far as values, and as we all know, the true value is only what someone is willing to pay for it.

That being said, if you were to sell this what would you ask? I'd be looking for a quick sale, and hope someone who can use it would snag it. Looks unused, and has a bunch of fire stones included.

I'm not trying to sell it here, will list in the EE, but am looking for advice on a starting point, as I know nothing about these. Will also be entertaining interesting trade ideas, firearm/optics/ammo/reloading related. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, BR

Old 05-31-2020, 05:27 PM

One dollar, Bob.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:32 PM

Default Fisher fireplace/insert - value??

Putting a price on it is easy, start at 25% over & above what you picked it up for at auction and then take the first reasonable offer. It's not going to do you any good collecting dust and taking up floor space.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57charlie View Post
Putting a price on it is easy, start at 25% over & above what you picked it up for at auction and then take the first reasonable offer. It's not going to do you any good collecting dust and taking up floor space.
Thanks, about as helpful as the $1.

Does anyone actually have some experience with these things that might shed some light on value? I understand the market concept, but I also know if someone where to ask me what I figured a Rem 700 BDL in so and so condition would fetch on the EE, I could probably give them a ballpark of where to start at least. If I didn't know or couldn't be helpful, I just wouldn't offer comment.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:28 PM

How much were you going to sell it to your buddy for?

You bought it at auction, so I would assume you paid what the market would bear.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:54 AM

Wow! Haven't seen one of those in awhile. My cousin used to own the shop in Trenton Ontario that built them. I actually worked for him for one fall building them back in the mid '80's. They are an awesome stove.