Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-28-2020, 12:11 PM

Default Lac La Nonne boat Launch

Hey all,

Where is the best place to launch at Lac La Nonne. Was thinking of trying a lake I haven't fished yet in the summer. Just not familiar with the area launches. Thanks!!
Old 05-28-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
Hey all,

Where is the best place to launch at Lac La Nonne. Was thinking of trying a lake I haven't fished yet in the summer. Just not familiar with the area launches. Thanks!!
If you look at the satellite version of Lac la nonne of google maps it will show you where there are launch accesses , that is easier than trying to type out directions
Old 05-28-2020, 03:53 PM

Yes, I can see that. But what satellite doesn't show is condition of launch, ease of access, restrictions, parking...I was burned befor relying solely on what I saw on a satellite image regarding actual condition, so was looking for some actual "Boots on the grpund" first hand knowledge.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:38 PM

Most of the launches in the little subdivisions are pretty good I used a few different ones last summer without issues
Old 05-29-2020, 04:22 AM

I normally just go to the Alberta beach boat launch,and they have a parking lot at the Arena that is set aside for boaters .
Old 05-29-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
I normally just go to the Alberta beach boat launch,and they have a parking lot at the Arena that is set aside for boaters .
Alberta beach is not on Lac La Nonne
Old 05-29-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Good idea, just curious where the canal is that connects Lac La Nonne to Lac St. Anne? Or am I missing something...
Old 05-29-2020, 09:03 AM

Last year I had the same issue. I wanted to fish Lac la Nonne but had no idea where the boat launch was . I went out there and took a drive around the lake .
The first one I came on was on the North side of the lake and it was fine but was rd parking only. I kept going. There was one on the east side that was good enough so we launched there.
When I went home I drove around the whole lake and found a couple more that were good as well , and that is how you do it. It is similar to finding a spot to go hunting ,sometimes you just have to go exploring .
Old 05-29-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Last year I had the same issue. I wanted to fish Lac la Nonne but had no idea where the boat launch was . I went out there and took a drive around the lake .
The first one I came on was on the North side of the lake and it was fine but was rd parking only. I kept going. There was one on the east side that was good enough so we launched there.
When I went home I drove around the whole lake and found a couple more that were good as well , and that is how you do it. It is similar to finding a spot to go hunting ,sometimes you just have to go exploring .
Been EXPLORING this province for over 30 years, just wanted some friendly advice on a decent boat launch, simular to Drewski's detailed post on Calling Lake. No worries, you did your leg work and that info has value to you...I get it...I am confident that you will not take advice or recomendations from other people on the forum unless you do your own leg work. Well I appriciate your input, and have a great season!
Old 05-29-2020, 11:59 AM

If you are heading west on Sec 651, take a left on RR 25 which is about a mile before Connie Mae's store. Follow the road around the lake, on the south side there is a county launch that is pretty good. Not sure if it has a name but is easy to find. Don't turn into any subdivisions, the launch is easy to see from the road. Haven't been there for a few years but there was an area at the launch that is dug out so your boat floats better. It was shallow around there so be careful but it gets deeper not far out. I launch my walleye boat there,my buddy launches his pontoon boat there. I think it's the best one on the lake. There was a picnic area there but not a lot of truck and trailer parking. Not sure if you are allowed to park on the road. Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes
Old 05-29-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
Been EXPLORING this province for over 30 years, just wanted some friendly advice on a decent boat launch, simular to Drewski's detailed post on Calling Lake. No worries, you did your leg work and that info has value to you...I get it...I am confident that you will not take advice or recomendations from other people on the forum unless you do your own leg work. Well I appriciate your input, and have a great season!
I tried to explain where a boat launch is , beyond gps co ordinance Which I don’t have ,I don’t know what else to tell you . Here is a link that I googled for you that took 6 seconds to find and it shows all the boat launches ,tells you what you might catch as well. I hope you get out there the fishing can be pretty good .https://www.anglersatlas.com/place/101946/lac-la-nonne