Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2019, 11:15 AM

Default Shout out to the Fishin' Hole

I saw the shout out to Cabelas and though the Fishin' Hole deserves credit for my recent experience. Ordered the ion X 5 amp 40v on sale for 699 last week. Checked on the shipping status a couple days later and it had not yet shipped, while seeing this I noticed the sale price had dropped again, to 679. An email to the Fishin' Hole was promptly answered, my auger was shipped that day and my credit card was billed 679 + gst.

Fishin' Hole has best price on ION X 5 AMP.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:22 AM

Yeah you can't find a better price on the Ion. I wanted the Strikemaster as I already have a gas Strikemaster so my 10" flight will work on the electric.
Unfortunately the Fishin Hole don't sell the Strikemaster. I called them first and the guy there actually looked online and told me Cabela's north had them in stock. I always try to buy from The Fishin Hole first. Best customer service anywhere and also locally owned.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:16 PM

I stopped in at the Southside location 2 weeks ago on a dead cold Thursday night looking for a saltwater travel rod. The guys treat you like an old fishing buddy. I wished they sold clothes and groceries...wouldn't go anywhere else.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:57 PM

I was going to buy a higher end reel yesterday at Cabelas, but it was hundreds more than the last one I bought at fishin hole so I decided to wait for a sale. I asked if Cabelas would beat the price at TFH, and the answer was 'has to be advertised, in stock, same town, current, and would only match. Cabelas said the Talica 16II never goes on sale there. TFH was 30% off when I bought the last one, big savings on a reel that is $749

TFH is going to get my business whenever possible.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-23-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 View Post
Yeah you can't find a better price on the Ion. I wanted the Strikemaster as I already have a gas Strikemaster so my 10" flight will work on the electric.
Unfortunately the Fishin Hole don't sell the Strikemaster. I called them first and the guy there actually looked online and told me Cabela's north had them in stock. I always try to buy from The Fishin Hole first. Best customer service anywhere and also locally owned.
Fishin Hole sells Strikemaster electric augers. Have seen them before in the west end store and they show them on their website. Probably out of stock.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Fishin Hole sells Strikemaster electric augers. Have seen them before in the west end store and they show them on their website. Probably out of stock.
You're right. They didn't get any this year though and weren't expecting any before season end. I was looking to purchase that day so didn't want to wait for the online order to come in. He did point me in the right direction. I always try them first.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyke88 View Post
I stopped in at the Southside location 2 weeks ago on a dead cold Thursday night looking for a saltwater travel rod. The guys treat you like an old fishing buddy. I wished they sold clothes and groceries...wouldn't go anywhere else.
That's pretty good. Definitely agree, service is unbelievable.