Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2019, 10:57 AM

Default Shout out to Cabela's

On my last days off on Feb 6 I decided to purchase the Strikemaster Electric ice auger. It was $749. They are now on sale for $637. I called and they said within 30 days they will give you back the difference. I expected a store credit but they actually refund the money. I used the refund to offset the cost of a second battery. It was a pleasant surprise. The staff at the Northside Edmonton store are always friendly and helpful. Don't go to the Windermere store much but they are generally the same.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:14 AM

Agree, the cashiers have notified me of an additional discount or coupon at the till.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:19 AM
Banned

Big box stores seem to get a lot of negative press, I think Cabelas is actually a great store. I think it was better before the sell out, but the staff is still friendly and seem to try their best at being helpful.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Big box stores seem to get a lot of negative press, I think Cabelas is actually a great store. I think it was better before the sell out, but the staff is still friendly and seem to try their best at being helpful.
Online people are useless but the in store are great to deal with.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I do not understand the hate either. We have great options in Calgary area like Proline, Flys Etc, Jim Bows, and Crown Surplus - but service at Cabellas is right up there in my experience.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 View Post
On my last days off on Feb 6 I decided to purchase the Strikemaster Electric ice auger. It was $749. They are now on sale for $637. I called and they said within 30 days they will give you back the difference. I expected a store credit but they actually refund the money. I used the refund to offset the cost of a second battery. It was a pleasant surprise. The staff at the Northside Edmonton store are always friendly and helpful. Don't go to the Windermere store much but they are generally the same.
How dare you go against the AO grain and not slag a big box retailer 😂
I’ve made lots of purchases at Cabela’s...all positive...yet according to many AO’s they are the devil incarnate.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:06 PM

They are a store that actually has some stock once in a while. Not the worst thing.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 View Post
It wasn't that long ago a battery was on sale there for $99. Hopefully that's what you paid.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
How dare you go against the AO grain and not slag a big box retailer 😂
I’ve made lots of purchases at Cabela’s...all positive...yet according to many AO’s they are the devil incarnate.
The US Big Box store stuff is crap, IMO. They employ hundreds of people who pay tax to the city and province. They pay tax to the city and province too. If I looked closely enough, I probably own mutuals that are invested in Cabelas. I can go to P&D, but how do they benefit Alberta more? Phil & Dianne put their money in the bank. Cabelas adds more to my city than Phil & Dianne.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bee View Post
It wasn't that long ago a battery was on sale there for $99. Hopefully that's what you paid.
I asked about that and they said that was an introductory price that they don't expect to see again. I will definitely be watching for end of season sales though