Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Maybe so, but if you watch enough hockey, but I’m sure you don’t, you’d notice the reffing is getting very inconsistent.
It has been inconsistent for a long time, but all teams have suffered because of it. It would be a huge stretch to say that some teams are being favored and others are being picked on.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And every team is living with the same reffing, and when their players retaliate with contact to the head, they get suspended, regardless of who they play for. The difference is, the teams in playoff contention, are more concerned about winning games, than about whining about the reffing.
You debate like a woman! Don’t you have some reloading to do or targets to shoot or clays to bust. Your forte isn’t hockey. Just go do something you know something about.

Now I gotta go find that fricking ignore thread! A first tine for everything I guess.

BW
Old 02-23-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
It has been inconsistent for a long time, but all teams have suffered because of it. It would be a huge stretch to say that some teams are being favored and others are being picked on.
He never said oilers are being picked on. He said it’s inconsistent...and it’s getting worse.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
You debate like a woman! Don’t you have some reloading to do or targets to shoot or clays to bust. Your forte isn’t hockey. Just go do something you know something about.

Now I gotta go find that fricking ignore thread! A first tine for everything I guess.

BW
I played the game for over 20 years, from minor hockey, to intramural, to rec hockey, to old timers, so I am quite familiar with the game. But obviously being the fan of a losing team for so long has made you very irritable.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-23-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
I feel bad for McDavid. The fine is egregious. He should go right out & do it again if the fouls against him don't go un-called.

How about his teammates stick up for him, line brawl might just wake the league up. Kassian, Lucic could sit a couple games. What a joke.
But the " fouls " against him are a stick check and keeping up with him. So if he hooks someone and doesn't get a penalty then they should deliver a head check to him ? Wouldn't mind seeing that lol
Old 02-23-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Maybe so, but if you watch enough hockey, but I’m sure you don’t, you’d notice the reffing is getting very inconsistent.
I disagree, I think it's generally consistently bad, Bruin's batting down a puck with an obvious high stick then scoring, Tkachuk hitting a Sharks player, both falling, a Shark getting tripped up on his own players stick, then Tkachuk getting the tripping penalty, Leddy tripping McDavid, etc. From what I've seen, I'd say it's consistently one or two blatant missed calls every game.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I disagree, I think its generally consistently bad, Bruin's batting down a puck with an obvious high stick then scoring, Tkachuk hitting a Sharks player, both falling, a Shark getting tripped up on his own players stick, then Tkachuk getting the tripping penalty, Leddy tripping McDavid, etc. From what I've seen I'd say it's consistently one or two blatant missed calls every game.
touches!
Old 02-23-2019, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
I played the game for over 20 years, from minor hockey, to intramural, to rec hockey, to old timers, so I am quite familiar with the game. But obviously being the fan of a losing team for so long has made you very irritable.
Sing it!!!!!
Old 02-23-2019, 07:13 PM

I said it before. If Kerry Fraser calls you a poor excuse of a ref you have to be at the bottom.

The speed at which McDavid moves he would be drawing a dozen penalties a game and the number of times blatant infractions against him are not called is criminal. We have watched him score with 3 guys hanging on him.

He is the reason a lot of arenas sell out so that they can see him play.

Maybe he should sit out the Toronto game to make his point economically. Bettman would take notice as the amount of tickets that would be up for sale would be huge. It is entertainment and if you don't have a product then you have nothing.

In order to be a smart azz, you have to be smart otherwise you are just an azz.

You're offended.... I think it is funny and that is why I am happier than you.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Phil A View Post
I said it before. If Kerry Fraser calls you a poor excuse of a ref you have to be at the bottom.

The speed at which McDavid moves he would be drawing a dozen penalties a game and the number of times blatant infractions against him are not called is criminal. We have watched him score with 3 guys hanging on him.

He is the reason a lot of arenas sell out so that they can see him play.

Maybe he should sit out the Toronto game to make his point economically. Bettman would take notice as the amount of tickets that would be up for sale would be huge. It is entertainment and if you don't have a product then you have nothing.
True story !!
Old 02-24-2019, 08:27 AM

Default Inconsistent Reffing

Darnell Nurse takes an elbow from Corey Perry to the head. No penalty! NHL PLAYER SAFETY should have a hearing with Perry called on the carpet and suspended 2 games.

A hit to the head is a hit to the head. Doesn’t matter if the player is concussed or not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrevorRob...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

BW
Old 02-24-2019, 08:30 AM

Is this the first time in history that an entire team has been suspended for a hit?
Old 02-24-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Is this the first time in history that an entire team has been suspended for a hit?
If the entire team was suspended, how did they win the game yesterday?
Old 02-24-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
If the entire team was suspended, how did they win the game yesterday?
Witty response.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:44 AM

Playing without McDavid may be good for the team, they won last night, so the worst that they can do is 50%, which is better than they have done all season with him. Now the rest of the team has to play hard, and not depend on McDavid for two games, that might wake them up.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Darnell Nurse takes an elbow from Corey Perry to the head. No penalty! NHL PLAYER SAFETY should have a hearing with Perry called on the carpet and suspended 2 games.

A hit to the head is a hit to the head. Doesn’t matter if the player is concussed or not.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrevorRob...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

BW
No kidding talk about a cheap shot direct targeted forearm shiver to the head of Nurse and nothing going to happen total NHL Bull Crap
Old 02-24-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Old 02-24-2019, 02:51 PM

I’m wondering if the hit was a result of frustration from non calls for obvious infractions against him. Maybe he’s going to add some wicked high speed open ice hits to his resume like the one in the playoffs a few years ago. I can live with the suspension as long as there starts to be some form consistency in the league Doughty elbows him and laughs not even a penalty????

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snfGGPj6vRc
Old 02-24-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
I’m wondering if the hit was a result of frustration from non calls for obvious infractions against him. Maybe he’s going to add some wicked high speed open ice hits to his resume like the one in the playoffs a few years ago. I can live with the suspension as long as there starts to be some form consistency in the league Doughty elbows him and laughs not even a penalty????

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=snfGGPj6vRc
I wouldn’t start that if I was Connor and had his pick like frame. Live by the sword die by the sword. If he starts playing like that he will have to expect the same from guys like Wilson or Reaves. If they can catch him I guess. Lol
Old 02-24-2019, 03:44 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Not related to the topic at hand. Otherwise a neato picture

Old 02-24-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FQ2 View Post
Not related to the topic at hand. Otherwise a neato picture

Lol ol Pierre almost got his melon rung!!
Old 02-25-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
The refs are paid to call the penalties. January McDavid tAkes an Elvis to the head non call. The next night he takes the lumber across as the numbers head first into the boards while a ref watches no call.

The NHL needs to do something with their reffing problem.

A simple solution would be to eliminate the instigator penalty. Let the big boys sort things out on their own.

Was it Mario Lemieux that called it a garage league. He was right.

BW
We have a winner!!!!! This was the beginning of the end for the NHL. It took away the players ability to police them selves. Nobody messed with 99 because old cement hands Semenko was lurking.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilgy View Post
We have a winner!!!!! This was the beginning of the end for the NHL. It took away the players ability to police them selves. Nobody messed with 99 because old cement hands Semenko was lurking.
You can add a few more guys who looked after ol' 99 as well.......

220 feet is a long way to travel to help one of your teammates out when one of the enforcers decided to take issue with you, in his office....

There was no second time needed, after your meeting....

Put me down for one yes vote, for the enforcer; I believe there is still a place in the game for it.....

Yes the game has changed but a guy like Corey Perry, who IMO, is one of the dirtiest players playing today; now he needs and full adjustment......Just Sayin

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:12 AM

Well getting rid of the instigator rule would mean they have to return to the enforcer days. Which was ushered out. Guys like Colton Orr, Brian Mcgrattan, John Scott, didn’t have jobs anymore after that.
I miss the old NHL something terrible ...
Old 02-25-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Well getting rid of the instigator rule would mean they have to return to the enforcer days. Which was ushered out. Guys like Colton Orr, Brian Mcgrattan, John Scott, didn’t have jobs anymore after that.
I miss the old NHL something terrible ...
I miss the old NHL where the stars did not need goons to protect them, guys like Gordie Howe took care of themselves, even Bobby Orr dropped the gloves a few times, and after that, he didn't have to, because the other players knew that he could handle himself. I have a lot more respect for those players, than the crybabies that whine whenever they get hit.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:08 PM

I think it was a good call he had the elbow up