Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2024, 07:57 AM

Default Worst day ever

I woke up at 4AM and left South Calgary for Sunbreaker Cove at Sylvan Lake hopping to catch some whitefish. I was alone.

On the highway I ran over something that I found out later by smell it was a dead skunk. It was ran over multiple times so it was almost flat but my car still smells like skunk.

I didn't catch any white fish, I was able to see them but they didn't want to see me, I mean my offerings, and the small perch were a constant nuisance. So you can say I was double skunked.

When I was ready to leave, I opened my car door and the only key that I had with me, the other one was at home so I wouldn't lose them both, broke into the door lock so I couldn't start my car and go home.

I had to call my wife to bring me the other key, I didn't see any other solution, so she had to drive 400KM both ways to save me.

When I got home around 11 PM and looked into the mirror I found out that I got a sun tan all over my face except the forehead that was covered by a tuque. So my face is red brownish and my forehead some sort of white.

On the bright side I caught a 2' walleye on a wire worm tipped with a maggot while fishing for perch out of boredom. I also was able to see the burbots cruising by and catch a couple, but unfortunately I didn't see them spawning.