Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Banned

Default $10,000 reward offered for missing French bulldog - Red Deer

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/...143996686.html

A $10,000 reward has been put up for a French bulldog that went missing in the Vanier Woods area this week.

Meyer Schoeman, 37, said his beloved dog, Leo, was getting some exercise with a dog walker around 6 p.m. on Wednesday when she let Leo and a golden retriever off leash to run around a pond in the southeast subdivision.

Schoeman said the dog walker called the dogs to come at one point and only the golden retriever returned. Schoeman and his friends searched for hours that night and the next two days but the search proved fruitless.

Now Schoeman is willing to pay a hefty price to get back his best friend.

“I haven’t completely lost my marbles,” said Schoeman, who is a family doctor in Innisfail and lives with his girlfriend in Red Deer. “He’s like a child (to me). The other reason is Frenchies get stolen at times, too, because they are expensive dogs. The main reason for it is if someone did steal him, at least it’s worth their while to return him.”

Schoeman paid $3,000 for him from a family in British Columbia more than a year ago. Leo will turn two in June.

Schoeman said Leo is not a runner and has never taken off before. He thinks Leo may have chased a rabbit and got lost coming back.

Schoeman said he misses his dog terribly and he just wants him home. He said no questions will be asked.

“He’s just the sweetest, sweetest dog,” said Schoeman. “He snorts a lot like French bulldogs do. He has the most wonderful temperament.”

Leo is described as light brown, stocky with a black face. He weights roughly 28 pounds. He has a black collar with silver bulldogs and answers to “Leo.”

If you have seen Leo, call 403-506-8177.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/...143996686.html

A $10,000 reward has been put up for a French bulldog that went missing in the Vanier Woods area this week.

Meyer Schoeman, 37, said his beloved dog, Leo, was getting some exercise with a dog walker around 6 p.m. on Wednesday when she let Leo and a golden retriever off leash to run around a pond in the southeast subdivision.

Schoeman said the dog walker called the dogs to come at one point and only the golden retriever returned. Schoeman and his friends searched for hours that night and the next two days but the search proved fruitless.

Now Schoeman is willing to pay a hefty price to get back his best friend.

“I haven’t completely lost my marbles,” said Schoeman, who is a family doctor in Innisfail and lives with his girlfriend in Red Deer. “He’s like a child (to me). The other reason is Frenchies get stolen at times, too, because they are expensive dogs. The main reason for it is if someone did steal him, at least it’s worth their while to return him.”

Schoeman paid $3,000 for him from a family in British Columbia more than a year ago. Leo will turn two in June.

Schoeman said Leo is not a runner and has never taken off before. He thinks Leo may have chased a rabbit and got lost coming back.

Schoeman said he misses his dog terribly and he just wants him home. He said no questions will be asked.

“He’s just the sweetest, sweetest dog,” said Schoeman. “He snorts a lot like French bulldogs do. He has the most wonderful temperament.”

Leo is described as light brown, stocky with a black face. He weights roughly 28 pounds. He has a black collar with silver bulldogs and answers to “Leo.”

If you have seen Leo, call 403-506-8177.
well, maybe this explains all of the RCMP near Red Deer
Old 03-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Banned

i love those little bull dogs.

hopefully " leo" doesnt breed a shih tzu while he is out cruisin . .