Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagencounter View Post
Seeing in happen here in Wmu 250. One particular Metis in the neighbourhood has shot 8 moose since the fall. No wonder the draw times are going up and up. Used to see lots of moose and deer. Haven't seen any in months. His perspective it's there is an unlimited supply of moose. Bet the draw will be 10 years in Wmu soon thanks to one or two people. Also who possible eats 8 moose? The dog is very well fed and yes I know because they don't want to buy dog food quoted. . Not saying all people with hunting rights do this but I'm seeing it first hand how one person can have a huge effect on the population without any conservation in mind. Just me me me. It definatly is time for the government to re asses this before we end up like Manitoba. It literally has become a slaughterhouse in some areas before and after the season ends because we can not because we shouldn't.

I seen 10-15 moose minimum in my zone last year and not one this year not even any sign of a moose......must be Indians and Metis...not the predators or the one guy that pulled four cow moose tags on priority 5 last year or the fact that the zone has way too many tags issued.... And don't believe everything you here in the news.....there is still moose in Manitoba...