Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2013, 04:30 PM

Default Study suggests CO2 emissions are stopping the next ice age

http://www.thegwpf.org/choice-global...ge-scientists/

This is a very Interesting study in the prestigious journal "Science"

What do we chose? Ice age or no ice age?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Banned

I chose no ice age. And to that end I ran my truck all day today. (and soon, I will be running my snowmobile and snowblower too)...all because I CARE about the planet. People that want to reduce CO2 are a bunch of Earth haters. They only want to ruin the planet and turn it into an ice ball so that millions if not billions of people will starve to death. Absolutely unconscionable.

Save the Earth or lower CO2 emissions...the choice is in your hands my friends. We all have a duty to do what we can so that our children will know what it is to run barefoot through green grass...and not have to worry about freezing their cute little noses off in the middle of July. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!
Old 11-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Banned

I'm stocking up on old tires and creosote-soaked railroad ties for heat and light on the next Earth Day.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I chose no ice age. And to that end I ran my truck all day today. (and soon, I will be running my snowmobile and snowblower too)...all because I CARE about the planet. People that want to reduce CO2 are a bunch of Earth haters. They only want to ruin the planet and turn it into an ice ball so that millions if not billions of people will starve to death. Absolutely unconscionable.

Save the Earth or lower CO2 emissions...the choice is in your hands my friends. We all have a duty to do what we can so that our children will know what it is to run barefoot through green grass...and not have to worry about freezing their cute little noses off in the middle of July. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!
I bet the international association of ice fishermen will start backing the right to let the Earth naturally freeze!

Let the protests begin.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gill View Post
I'm stocking up on old tires and creosote-soaked railroad ties for heat and light on the next Earth Day.
Together we can save the planet.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I bet the international association of ice fishermen will start backing the right to let the Earth naturally freeze!

Let the protests begin.
Remember...ice fishing only works if the ice doesn't go to the bottom of the lake. Gonna need some mighty long augers a few years into an ice age.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignixs View Post
That's some good news, score one for CO2, I am going to put a two stroke back on my boat to do my part to save the planet.
Interesting no post from avb3 to say there are no positives possible for CO2.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:04 AM

Must be on his way back to Florida, helping postpone that ice age in the process.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Must be on his way back to Florida, helping postpone that ice age in the process.
This time next week. I'll plant some trees to offset the emissions.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
This time next week. I'll plant some trees to offset the emissions.

How dare you intentionally start a new ice age. What about the children and grand children. What about the poor mountain animals getting frozen. The trees need time to migrate down hill.

You hate the Earth don't you!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:18 PM

Talking

after drinking 6 bottles of brewhouse beer last night ,,my emissions are high today.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
after drinking 6 bottles of brewhouse beer last night ,,my emissions are high today.
lol
Old 12-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

Think of the baby whales!! How will the survive if the oceans are frozen over? GLOBAL WARMING NOW!
Old 12-01-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Remember...ice fishing only works if the ice doesn't go to the bottom of the lake. Gonna need some mighty long augers a few years into an ice age.
Ok that's funny as hell! Very sharp!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Interesting no post from avb3 to say there are no positives possible for CO2.
Still nothing.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Default Global cooling is coming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-29-year.html

This blizzard is surely a sign.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM

Avb3.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/01...global-warming

Wow. Your current fixation on global warming must be chilling. Is your global warming conscious giving you the cold shoulder?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:05 PM

Default Wow... Very thought provoking

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/se...-may-be-wrong/
Old 12-04-2013, 07:40 AM

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/0...ng/#more-98539

Very interesting read. Shows how the global warming folks have been messing with data to create undue fear.

Just sea ice alone has been targeted in the past for fear of the rising water in the oceans.

Looks very stable when looking at all the available data.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:42 AM

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....2297/abstract

Coverage bias in the HadCRUT4 temperature series and its impact on recent temperature trends
Kevin Cowtan1,*, Robert G. Way2DOI: 10.1002/qj.2297

Incomplete global coverage is a potential source of bias in global temperature reconstructions if the unsampled regions are not uniformly distributed over the planet's surface. The widely used HadCRUT4 dataset covers on average about 84% of the globe over recent decades, with the unsampled regions being concentrated at the poles and over Africa. Three existing reconstructions with near-global coverage are examined, each suggesting that HadCRUT4 is subject to bias due to its treatment of unobserved regions.

Two alternative approaches for reconstructing global temperatures are explored, one based on an optimal interpolation algorithm and the other a hybrid method incorporating additional information from the satellite temperature record. The methods are validated on the basis of their skill at reconstructing omitted sets of observations. Both methods provide superior results than excluding the unsampled regions, with the hybrid method showing particular skill around the regions where no observations are available.

Temperature trends are compared for the hybrid global temperature reconstruction and the raw HadCRUT4 data. The widely quoted trend since 1997 in the hybrid global reconstruction is two and a half times greater than the corresponding trend in the coverage-biased HadCRUT4 data. Coverage bias causes a cool bias in recent temperatures relative to the late 1990s which increases from around 1998 to the present. Trends starting in 1997 or 1998 are particularly biased with respect to the global trend. The issue is exacerbated by the strong El Niño event of 1997-1998, which also tends to suppress trends starting during those years.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:43 AM

And folks... guys like avb3 will tell you we must waste money because in his mind the topic is proven yet can't provide any strong detailed reasons other than "just all the science says it is true". Well... the current science says the past science was done suspiciously wrong.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:29 AM

Default new ice age is coming scientist say

Report: Scientists predict a century of global cooling
11:48 AM 12/05/2013
Michael BastaschSee

Better start investing in some warm clothes because German scientists are predicting that the Earth will cool over the next century.

German scientists found that two naturally occurring cycles will combine to lower global temperatures during the 21st century, eventually dropping to levels corresponding with the “little ice age” of 1870.

“Due to the de Vries cycle, the global temperature will drop until 2100 to a value corresponding to the ‘little ice age’ of 1870,” write German scientists Horst-Joachim Luedecke and Carl-Otto Weiss of the European Institute for Climate and Energy.

Researchers used historical temperature data and data from cave stalagmites to show a 200-year solar cycle, called the de Vries cycle.

They also factored into their work a well-established 65-year Atlantic and Pacific Ocean oscillation cycle. Global warming that has occurred since 1870 can be attributed almost entirely to both these factors, the scientists argue.

According to the scientists, the oft-cited “stagnation” in rising global temperatures over the last 15 years is due to the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean oscillation cycle, which lasts about 65 years. Ocean oscillation is past its “maximum,” leading to small decreases in global temperature.

The de Vries solar cycle is currently at its “maximum,” explaining why temperatures have risen since 1870, but leveled off after 1998. However, this means that as solar activity starts to decrease, global temperatures will follow.

“Through [the de Vries solar cycle's] influence the temperature will decrease until 2100 to a value like the one of the last ‘Little Ice Age’ 1870,” the scientists wrote.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/05/re...#ixzz2mi18JNO7
Old 12-06-2013, 08:31 AM

Default volcanos could speed up cooling on Earth!

Record Number Of Volcano Eruptions In 2013 – Is Catastrophic Global Cooling Dead Ahead?
By Michael Snyder, on December 5th, 2013

Have you noticed that this December is unusually cold so far? Could the fact that we have had a record number of volcanoes erupt in 2013 be responsible? Certainly an unusually calm solar cycle is playing a significant role in producing all of this cold weather, but as you will see below the truth is that throughout human history volcanic eruptions have produced some of the coldest winters ever recorded. In fact, there have been some major eruptions that have actually substantially reduced global temperatures for two to three years. So should we be alarmed that the number of volcano eruptions this year was the highest ever recorded? Could it be possible that we are heading for a period of global cooling as a result? And if the planet does cool significantly, could that lead to widespread crop failures and mass famine? Don’t think that it can’t happen. In fact, it has happened before and it is only a matter of time until it happens again.

I knew that we were seeing an unusual amount of volcanic activity around the planet so far this year. In fact, I wrote about it in my recent article entitled “Why Have 10 Major Volcanoes Along The Ring Of Fire Suddenly Roared To Life?“ But I had no idea that we were on the verge of a new yearly record. So I was shocked when I visited the Extinction Protocol today and discovered that we have witnessed a record number of volcano eruptions in 2013…

This year will go down on record, as seeing the most volcanic eruptions recorded in modern history. The previous number was set in 2010, at 82 volcanic eruptions for the year. The number of volcanoes erupting across the planet has been steadily rising from a meager number of just 55 recorded in 1990. While most scientists may readily dismiss any significance to the latest figures and may be quick to say the planet is just experiencing normal geological activity, it does raise other concerns about just what may be transpiring within the interior of our planet. The average number of volcanic eruptions per year should be about 50 to 60; as of December 5, 2013, we already at 83. Volcanic eruptions are one way the planet dissipates a dangerous build-up of heat, magma, and pressurized gases. The planet’s outer core is thought to flirt with critical temperatures in the range of around 4400 °C (8000 °F). Any rise or major fluctuation in interior gradient could have profound and disruptive effects on processes whose very properties are government by convective heat emanating from the planet’s outer core: magnetic field propagation, tectonic plate movements, sea-floor spreading mechanics, and mantle plume activity. Mantle plumes or hotspots are thought to be the central mechanism which fuels the vast underground chambers of many of the world’s supervolcanoes.

So why is this happening?

Is this the beginning of a trend?

And what is going to happen if the number of volcanic eruptions continues to increase?

According to climatologist Cliff Harris, we “are seeing an increase in volcanic activity worldwide” and this could easily lead to a period of significant global cooling if it continues…

If volcanic activity continues to increase, and there is an eruption big enough to send millions of tons of ash and dust into the upper layers of the atmosphere, then the Earth’s temperature would likely drop at least a degree or two from present levels. This happened in June of 1991 when Mount Pinatubo exploded in the Philippines. For the following year, the Earth’s temperature dropped about 1-2 degrees before recovering several years later.
A degree or two may not sound like a lot, but on a global scale it can be absolutely catastrophic. And this kind of thing has happened many times before. The following list comes from Wikipedia…

The effects of volcanic eruptions on recent winters are modest in scale, but historically have been significant.

Most recently, the 1991 explosion of Mount Pinatubo, a stratovolcano in the Philippines, cooled global temperatures for about 2–3 years.
In 1883, the explosion of Krakatoa (Krakatau) created volcanic winter-like conditions. The four years following the explosion were unusually cold, and the winter of 1887-1888 included powerful blizzards. Record snowfalls were recorded worldwide.

The 1815 eruption of Mount Tambora, a stratovolcano in Indonesia, occasioned mid-summer frosts in New York State and June snowfalls in New England and Newfoundland and Labrador in what came to be known as the “Year Without a Summer” of 1816.

A paper written by Benjamin Franklin in 1783 blamed the unusually cool summer of 1783 on volcanic dust coming from Iceland, where the eruption of Laki volcano had released enormous amounts of sulfur dioxide, resulting in the death of much of the island’s livestock and a catastrophic famine which killed a quarter of the Icelandic population. Northern hemisphere temperatures dropped by about 1 °C in the year following the Laki eruption.

In 1600, the Huaynaputina in Peru erupted. Tree ring studies show that 1601 was cold. Russia had its worst famine in 1601-1603. From 1600 to 1602, Switzerland, Latvia and Estonia had exceptionally cold winters. The wine harvest was late in 1601 in France, and in Peru and Germany, wine production collapsed. Peach trees bloomed late in China, and Lake Suwa in Japan froze early.

This is by far the greatest “climate change” threat that we are facing. Something appears to be happening to the crust of the earth, and if the number of volcano eruptions continues to rise, we could be in store for absolutely catastrophic changes to our climate.

In a previous article, I listed 10 major volcanic eruptions that we have witnessed along the Ring of Fire during the past few months. Since then, there have been even more major eruptions around the globe. The following are just a few examples…

Shiveluch on the Kamchatka Peninsula: The Shiveluch Volcano erupting in Kamchatka has spewed ash nine kilometers high, the Kamchatkan territorial emergency situations department reported on Tuesday.

Twin Volcanoes in Vanuatu: Steam and ash stream from the twin volcanoes on the island of Ambrym in the Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu, as seen in a picture captured from the International Space Station as it passed overhead. “Not every day you get to see an active volcano, let alone two,” NASA astronaut Mike Hopkins tweeted on Monday.

Mt. Etna in Sicily, Italy: The New SE crater remains restless. As the following time-lapse video of the past 24 hours shows, there is occasional weak lava extrusion from effusive vents on the upper flanks, and rarely glow from the summit vent suggesting that the magma column is relatively still high inside the vent and sometimes produces deep-seated strombolian explosions.

So should we be concerned that there has been a record number of volcano eruptions this year?

Is catastrophic global cooling dead ahead?

Or could it be possible that this is just an anomaly and that things will return to normal next year?

Please feel free to share what you think by posting a comment below…

About the author: Michael T. Snyder is a former Washington D.C. attorney who now publishes The Truth. His new thriller entitled “The Beginning Of The End” is now available on Amazon.com.

http://thetruthwins.com/archives/rec...ing-dead-ahead
Old 12-06-2013, 10:55 PM

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...649/story.html

Calgary...coldest place on earth? Brrrrrrr.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:56 PM

I like ice
Old 12-07-2013, 09:19 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
I like ice
Good cause a giant glacier is coming your way soon. I recommend selling you house within the next 500 years.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/59701

German Scientists predict global warming. Why did we let this happen! Why have we not worked harder to stop cooling? Are we too late now?

I am going to start stock piling certain supplies. As the Earth cools food production will crash. Starvation will be rampant in some areas unless there is enough money. Wars over food will start. Over fishing of the oceans will happen. Landlocked japan will need to kill every whale to feed their people. not even sharks are safe!

Chaos is COMING!

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 12-07-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
I like ice
...and I cannot lie.

Oh my God Becky, look at that glacier. It is sooo big. It looks like one of those rap guys glaciers.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:30 AM

15 of the 28 posts in this thread are from sundance lol
Old 12-07-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantonsen View Post
15 of the 28 posts in this thread are from sundance lol
And you are my shadow.

Having a thread stalker is very complimentary.

So... Back on topic since you follow the thread...what do you think of the study in the prestigious journal "Science"?
Old 12-07-2013, 11:39 AM

Wait for it!!!!!

You will soon see these useless morons claim that CO2 is contributing to tipping the balance the other way as well, and is helping to create the next ice-age. There is no limit to their intellectual dishonest, data manipulation and begging for govt funding, while govts are desperately seeking a reason to tax us more for our own salvation. You always know it crap when somebody tells you they are doing "X" for your own good and not theirs, which just is an accident that it benefits them so much.