Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Banned

Default Just what we needed.....

Some idiot tried to blow up a parade in Sherwood Park with Tannerite. I’d say it will be off the shelves in Canada within the next month
Old 11-08-2018, 07:47 AM
Banned

Never purchased the stuff myself, so don't know how easy it is to purchase.
If it isn't already I can see at the least it becoming like ammo...no PAL, no purchase.
Another case of one guy likely ruining it for the vast majority.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:07 AM

Pretty sure for this stuff you need a PAL
Old 11-08-2018, 08:08 AM

They will ban it, and then tells us how they are protecting us from terrorists, meanwhile, the ISIS terrorists will continue to return to Canada.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:15 AM

No loss, idiot toy to begin with. Anybody who has any ideas of what this stuff is capable of, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Grizz
Old 11-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Banned

Tannerite is a great reactionary target, instant feedback

Lots of fun when shooting with the kids. Like all things, it can be used for wrongdoing.

Emotional knee jerk reactions by the liberals and fudds.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:21 PM

You do need PAL to purchase tannerite. It is sold pretty much anywhere ammo is sold. It can be purchased even online and shipped to your house.
As I already mentioned in other thread, tannerite is super safe to handle and will not go boom if thrown into the fire even. It is a reactionary target, it only goes boom when hit by a high velocity bullet.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
You do need PAL to purchase tannerite. It is sold pretty much anywhere ammo is sold. It can be purchased even online and shipped to your house.
As I already mentioned in other thread, tannerite is super safe to handle and will not go boom if thrown into the fire even. It is a reactionary target, it only goes boom when hit by a high velocity bullet.
Tannerite=Hillbilly fun
Old 11-08-2018, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Never purchased the stuff myself, so don't know how easy it is to purchase.
If it isn't already I can see at the least it becoming like ammo...no PAL, no purchase.
Another case of one guy likely ruining it for the vast majority.
I don't think the "vast majority" ever used this stuff ,or ever would.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Some idiot tried to blow up a parade in Sherwood Park with Tannerite. I’d say it will be off the shelves in Canada within the next month
parkade
Old 11-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
parkade
Iphone autocorrect issue for sure..
Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
article says it exploded and killed the suspect while he was in the parkade in his car, also another explosion several hours later. apparently it doesnt need just a high velocity bullet to make it explode...
Old 11-08-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
agreed, but i was thinking about some sick individual attacking a parade when i first read it. At least he only killed himself
Old 11-08-2018, 02:17 PM

They won't ban it, the stuff is so easy to make.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
It can go off besides a bullet,i also mention this last night to you.How it can go off is not important on this site or any other as far as that goes.

It was tested after the boston marathon bombings in 2 labs in the usa and both times ka boom,very easy to set off if you know anything about explosives .

I worked for both CIL and Orica explosives off and on for decades.You name I used it for work purposes only blasting ditch for pipeline,hydro,road job,or mining pits.So tannerite is super safe in the right hands,but in the wrong hands it's just another explosive as far as I can see.Plus I worked with the tech's from both companies on there sites on lotsa new products which some never went to market.

If you have enough imagination you can change anything that goes boom,if they could split the atom a long time ago,i am sure they could set off simple tannerite.

So if you need a bang in your life,there's many ways to make a bang without this stuff.I have enough stuff just out of Canadian tire to put my house in my neighbors yard if I was into going to jail for a very long time,so no booms from this guy.

Somebody must have learnt something from the Oklahoma boomings,yet we forget so quickly on how easy that stuff was made with.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Yes it was, but that woulda been bad too I suppose depending on what kind of parade it was.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:48 PM

JD, I am not questioning the fact that the super safe tannerite can be converted into a portable nuke,lol. I’m just saying that tannerite is very safe the way it is intended to be used. Just like fertilizer, gasoline or propane.
Idiots out there converting the pressure cookers into bombs. So what now- outlaw the pressure cookers?
I would rather outlaw the idiots!
Old 11-08-2018, 06:05 PM

Oxygen and acetylene will be banned as well soon. Can you imagine a car full of that. What will the welders do?!!!
Old 11-08-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
Oxygen and acetylene will be banned as well soon. Can you imagine a car full of that. What will the welders do?!!!

Wouldn’t that be something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
Same as usual, complain and demand to work in heated tents...
Old 11-08-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
JD, I am not questioning the fact that the super safe tannerite can be converted into a portable nuke,lol. I’m just saying that tannerite is very safe the way it is intended to be used. Just like fertilizer, gasoline or propane.
Idiots out there converting the pressure cookers into bombs. So what now- outlaw the pressure cookers?
I would rather outlaw the idiots!
Well of coarse I would like to see the idiots gone same as you,they just like to hide the smallest things with a bigger bang.If it was used once ,chances are it will be used again in a terrorist act that's all I am trying to say,no problem with the stuff not being safe in the right hands like you said,cheers.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Banned

I’ve always kind of enjoyed the thump when shooting guns and legalizing tannerite just put the icing on the cake for me. I think this was an isolated incident where only the snow flake got roasted
Old 11-09-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Yes it was, but that woulda been bad too I suppose depending on what kind of parade it was.
is there a good kind of parade to bomb?
Old 11-09-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Absolutely! Let’s see- antifa, Nazi, ISIS, Al Qaeda, liberals and NDP, ooops, sorry my bad!
You know I’m kidding with the last two, right?
Old 11-09-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I’ve always kind of enjoyed the thump when shooting guns and legalizing tannerite just put the icing on the cake for me. I think this was an isolated incident where only the snow flake got roasted
Watch out now for copycat style bombings
Old 11-09-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
It can go off besides a bullet,i also mention this last night to you.How it can go off is not important on this site or any other as far as that goes.

It was tested after the boston marathon bombings in 2 labs in the usa and both times ka boom,very easy to set off if you know anything about explosives .

I worked for both CIL and Orica explosives off and on for decades.You name I used it for work purposes only blasting ditch for pipeline,hydro,road job,or mining pits.So tannerite is super safe in the right hands,but in the wrong hands it's just another explosive as far as I can see.Plus I worked with the tech's from both companies on there sites on lotsa new products which some never went to market.

If you have enough imagination you can change anything that goes boom,if they could split the atom a long time ago,i am sure they could set off simple tannerite.

So if you need a bang in your life,there's many ways to make a bang without this stuff.I have enough stuff just out of Canadian tire to put my house in my neighbors yard if I was into going to jail for a very long time,so no booms from this guy.

Somebody must have learnt something from the Oklahoma boomings,yet we forget so quickly on how easy that stuff was made with.
They used fireworks in pressure cookers.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:

Kardashian’s .....how are these people famous?

And yes just kidding in case the Government is stealing this info along with my bank info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2018, 11:38 PM
Banned

We need to ban cars as well. Terrorists and copy cats can use that to run over alot of people
Old 11-10-2018, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
Same as usual, complain and demand to work in heated tents...
Haha😂

Quote:
Absolutely! Let’s see- antifa, Nazi, ISIS, Al Qaeda, liberals and NDP, ooops, sorry my bad!
You know I’m kidding with the last two, right?
Pride,BLM......... :0
Ohhhhh c’mon.....ya know you wanted to say it.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
Haha😂

Pride,BLM......... :0
Ohhhhh c’mon.....ya know you wanted to say it.
BLM - yes. Pride -no. I don’t care what people are doing in their bedrooms as long as they don’t force me to do the same. Plus I like the entertainment factor of a pride parades and drag shows.
Closed Thread