Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2018, 01:53 PM

Default Purolator

My rant for today. Ordered item from Amazon and Amazon indicated that the package was attempted to be delivered on Friday. Heavy snow Friday and no tracks in the snow but Purolator indicates they tried to deliver. Call to find out where package is and when I ask how an attempted was made by the driver, Purolator hangs up. Another 20 minutes on phone and when I ask for the person's name, she again hangs up. Fast forward to another 30 min wait and I finally get an individual who tells me where the package is. I live in the country and this is not the first time I have experienced this phantom delivery by Purolator. Probably the only downside to living in the country is delivery. The end. Going to pick up my 2 day shipment that has taken 5 days and I have to go fetch it.Grrrr.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:59 PM

More than once purolator has hung a door notice and did not knock or ring door bell.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:16 PM

I have video of the Purolater truck driving through my Cultasac , nope didn’t even stop . You guessed it 1 hour later tracking update said Delivery attempt unsuccessful. Another incident involving Purolater was an item was delivered to our residential address in a different community 60 km north . The funny thing Purolater sent us a copy of the signed Delivery receipt with my wife’s forged signature. I requested Criminal Code charges against the Driver for forgery . Lots of excuses from Purolater and no answers . These guys will never change .
Old 11-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Banned

Yup, everyone likes to dis Canada Post, but I have found them the most reliable delivery method we use in our business.
I had an instance a few years back when I was sitting at home and expected a parcel from Purolator. I saw the truck pull up to my house and the driver jumped out, put a notice in my mail box and left.
When I complained their excuse was sometimes if the drivers are really busy they just leave a notice and keep going because they don't want to waste the time standing around waiting for people that aren't home.
Pretty poor excuse in my books.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:21 PM

There a joke I've ordered quite a few things from Amazon this year and they just leave it on the front door even though my wife's home all day long nobody knocks our rings the bell just leave it and go.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2018, 02:28 PM

This is why the company is called Puolater and not Purosooner!
Old 11-05-2018, 02:32 PM

https://www.purolator.com/en/resourc...lp/index.page?

complaints

demand your money back

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Purolator is owned by Canada Post....
Old 11-05-2018, 02:56 PM

You can also notify Amazon, they need to know that the delivery service is not doing their job. I live outside the city and the drivers will make me the last on the route. Sometimes they will forge a scrawl as the signature and throw the package away. Amazon will process a refund immediately if notified. Probably one in twenty of my packages get stolen by Canada Post, Purolator, or UPS.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:40 PM

Had one where they informed me no delivery out my way, have to pick it up at the depot in Olds. Later that day, in Sundre, Purolater delivers to the house I working at.

Grizz
Old 11-05-2018, 06:04 PM

I can't stand Purolator... Canada Post isn't perfect but it's better than most IMO, although they often don't leave notices, which isn't so bad in the city, but I could see it being frustrating in the country. I can't recall a package not showing up.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2018, 06:48 PM

I am honestly surprised they haven't joined and answered yet. They are like beetlejuice, say the name 3 times and wait....

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-05-2018, 06:55 PM

I have to wonder if these guys have too many deliveries on their routes. I get a lot of packages delivered to my house, nephew lives in the country and uses me for his mail drop. Between him and I about 2 or 3 packages a week. Every courier company including Canada post has dumped packages. Ring the bell and gone, a lot of my nephews stuff is valued in the high hundreds low thousands. It is frustrating, but I have to wonder about the work load, Canada Post especially makes early evening and weekend drops, I always wonder why.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Banned

I get a lot of stuff from ordering Amazon Prime, what joke !! The outfit they use for Amazon Prime is some third party outfit that delivers from 9am to 9pm. Since all my orders are sent to a business address, 730am - 5pm, within 2 DAYS usually turns out to be 3 or 4 days. Shibim Shubob usually delivers after 5pm. He starts at 12:15pm and you are number 46 on his delivery run
Old 11-06-2018, 06:45 AM
AO Sponsor

Probably a massive part of the problem is a lack of Gen X drivers and an over abundance of Millennials.

Probably they just need to do a cull.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:21 AM

I refuse to use Purolator. They can't find their own address
Old 11-06-2018, 10:01 AM

This is one of the perils of country living I'm afraid. Im 20 minutes from Calgary and I cant remember EVER actually having a package handed to me at my door.

I ordered tractor parts for my Case IH from England and was shipped by DHL Worldwide. Followed the tracking, took about two days to get to Canada, longer to get to Calgary, then it bounced around Alberta for a week or so, until they told me they didn't deliver to my area. I ended up driving into Calgary by the airport to pick it up. Complained to the "Right to the Top" feature on their website. No problem, we will send you your money back , but in Esso gift cards! I guess that driver cant find my address either to drop it off...

Right now I am waiting for a part I ordered through Lowes. Shipped from Ontario by Canpar. Tracking says "no such address" I called customer service and the guy types my address into Google maps, Oh yeah I see it right there. Been another week now, no updates on tracking site yet...
Old 11-06-2018, 10:23 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyvdH View Post
I refuse to use Purolator. They can't find their own address

haha that's pure gold!

well done

Old 11-06-2018, 11:40 AM

I hate Purolator, when you go in to their depot to pick up the parcel you have to show them your life. If they drop it off at your house they just dump it by the front door and bugger off, then you don't need to show any ID at all.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBert View Post
This is why the company is called Puolater and not Purosooner!
I prefer SoonerorLator
Old 11-06-2018, 01:56 PM

I live in a rural area and UPS will deliver to the door but Purolator will not. With UPS you have to ensure that the gate is open, as I had them leave the parcel at the gate next to the road. Fortunately, I spotted it before it disappeared.

I now have Amazon deliver my parcels to the Drug store post office in Innisfail which is a lot closer than Red Deer. If I use my country address they will send via Purolater, then I have to go to Red Deer, a return distance of 65 Kms.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
I get a lot of stuff from ordering Amazon Prime, what joke !! The outfit they use for Amazon Prime is some third party outfit that delivers from 9am to 9pm. Since all my orders are sent to a business address, 730am - 5pm, within 2 DAYS usually turns out to be 3 or 4 days. Shibim Shubob usually delivers after 5pm. He starts at 12:15pm and you are number 46 on his delivery run
LOL, I love that too. I get all my stuff shipped to my work. They always try to deliver Sunday and I get a delivery attempted e-mail.

Intelcom Express:

Hi Darren

Your order INTLCMA068750123 is scheduled to be delivered in the next 3 hours by our driver IFSAND.

IFSAND is currently completing delivery number 27, you are delivery number 60.

They seem to think IFSAND can do 33 deliveries in 3 hours .... well .... he can't.

I always get IFSAND or PRABHDEEP or ANKUSH.

Purolator seems to do business fine, at least for us. They are here almost every day. For residential, same as everyone else. Sometimes they ring the bell but are driving away before my wife can get anywhere close to the door LOL.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:22 PM

There’s a reason they don’t deliver. Most couriers can get a redelivery charge or a second attempt charge, their trucks are often equipped with satellite tracking and all the driver needs to do is slow down pause his route or press a button to confirm he was at an address. Take it back bill the shipper for the attemp and try again another day.

BW
Old 11-07-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
My rant for today. Ordered item from Amazon and Amazon indicated that the package was attempted to be delivered on Friday. Heavy snow Friday and no tracks in the snow but Purolator indicates they tried to deliver. Call to find out where package is and when I ask how an attempted was made by the driver, Purolator hangs up. Another 20 minutes on phone and when I ask for the person's name, she again hangs up. Fast forward to another 30 min wait and I finally get an individual who tells me where the package is. I live in the country and this is not the first time I have experienced this phantom delivery by Purolator. Probably the only downside to living in the country is delivery. The end. Going to pick up my 2 day shipment that has taken 5 days and I have to go fetch it.Grrrr.
Hi nsmitchell, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We definitely expect our drivers to make valid delivery attempts every time. You can send us teh tracking number and we'll follow up on this. We'll also verify what happened both times you called and were disconnected. We've had multiple issues with our phone systems, we'll be able to confirm whether or not this was the source.

Thanks,

Catherine/ Social Media Coordinator
Email: customer.care@purolator.com
Old 11-07-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
I live in a rural area and UPS will deliver to the door but Purolator will not. With UPS you have to ensure that the gate is open, as I had them leave the parcel at the gate next to the road. Fortunately, I spotted it before it disappeared.

I now have Amazon deliver my parcels to the Drug store post office in Innisfail which is a lot closer than Red Deer. If I use my country address they will send via Purolater, then I have to go to Red Deer, a return distance of 65 Kms.
I know your pain, when I was living in Springbrook (5 mins South of Red Deer) drivers wouldn't even go door to door. They would hit the bank of mailboxes by the general store and throw all the delivery notices in there. Then id read that they "attempted" delivery and id have to drive to Bower mall and pick my package up there .
Old 11-07-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I am honestly surprised they haven't joined and answered yet. They are like beetlejuice, say the name 3 times and wait....
BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!!!

Told ya

Old 11-07-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE!!!

Told ya
Too funny. Cannot deliver a package, but they can monitor the internet for negative comments.

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-07-2018, 11:35 AM

^ Lol. I did not even understand what the heck Ken was talking about. Pretty funny stuff right there.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:44 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
^ Lol. I did not even understand what the heck Ken was talking about. Pretty funny stuff right there.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:50 PM

Thumbs up Already Done

I had passed on the tracking info the previous 2 times we had packages go missing and it continues to happen. The first time the parcel eventually ended up in Red Water versus Spruce Grove (similar spelling I guess). Nothing will change. I do note that they do not monitor there calls for quality control like many other companies at least say they do so they can get away with just creeping the internet to appear like they really care and would like to get better. NOT. Beetlejuice