Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-13-2018, 04:28 PM

Default Fresh Moose Garlic Sausage

Well, I just picked up my moose, they just made the garlic sausage today. No filler or lard, straight up moose. I think I ate a half pound with old cheddar cheese before the wife came in (she was packing moose in freezer) and says 'I made an elk roast!!'...

But damn, it was SO good! This is why I hunt, meat for the belly! Got to give a shout out to Shawn's Meat, they make a fine sausage. I'm waiting on 25 lbs to be done into hot n' sweet jerky....I'm delirious with expectation!

Oh, and if you have fresh garlic moose sausage, and need a good beer pairing, I picked up some Troubled Monk, Open Road American Brown Ale. I can die now, though I'd rather not....that's some good beer too.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-13-2018, 04:34 PM

Where is he located
Old 10-13-2018, 04:42 PM

Grande Prairie.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone