Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2018, 07:44 PM

Default Korth Group

Hey all,
I own several Leupold scopes, a few Vortex, and Zeiss....and only dealt with Vortex for warranty and Korth for CDS dials. Korth experience and turnaround times used to be great and a pleasure to deal with, but second last dial I had ordered I called to enquire I was told that "its phone calls like this is why things take so long" and he was obviously agitated, which I wasnt much of a fan of. Vortex "customer service" has always been 'just that'(very proffessional and pleasant). Moving to present i submitted a dial request on line for my vx5 a month ago and was only curious on the status so I'd know whether or not to expect it for hunting and didnt want further negativity from this fella (so maybe his strategy actually works lol), but haven't rec'd a response. Chatting at the local leupold sales counter i learnt that others have experienced the same sort of attitude from this guy.....so just curious if this is the new norm? I understand in my latest dial request we're into the season and things may be busy...which is totally cool, but more questioning the 'customer service'....I know we would all like to speak our minds and not have to deal with customers, but doesnt it have a big impact on the success of a business...especially loyal repeat customers? Thanks.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 PM

I submitted the online form for a cds dial two weeks ago. Last week Korth phoned and wanted a credit card for billing. I received the turret in the mail today.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:08 AM

He’s right ...the more calls the slower the service, although a secretary to field calls would help.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:34 PM

I had dealings with Brad at korth a couple years ago in regard to a bent firing pin on a kimber. He was quick to respond, called me to discuss a few things and had a new firing pin in my mailbox within a week or two. Couldn’t of spoken highly enough of the service. That time.

A year and a half ago I got a little carried away trying to “modify” the mag box on my .338 montana. I wrecked it and it would no longer feed from the magazine. I emailed him and asked if he could secure a replacement, as I had destroyed it I told him I would pay for a new one. The reply was slow via email and I had to send several requests before he got back to me. I was told he would see what he could do.
All summer I got nothing, fall and winter...nothing. This spring while separating the barreled action from my 30-06 montana I broke the trigger. Yea, remove the trigger before you bed the action... anyway off went another email asking if he could supply a trigger and I would pay for it. Also reminded him of the mag box I had been waiting about 10 months on. No response. Tried a few more times and he said he would see what he could do. No promise of a trigger or magbox and no timeline. All summer I waited, fall was drawing near and I hadn’t even shot the new montana. About two months ago I decided I better find a trigger myself if I wanted to use the new montana so I bought the only aftermarket trigger I could find which was a Jard. About five weeks ago I got the new trigger in the mail and installed it, at last I could shoot the ‘06. The same day I get an email from Brad that the trigger and mag box are in his hands. The kimber trigger was significantly more expensive then the Jard and I already had the Jard installed so I emailed back I didn’t need the trigger but would take the mag box. No reply. Several emails sent, a month and a half goes by with no response and then a few days ago he says there’s a $25 restocking fee for the trigger he never actually told me was ordered that I waited seven months for and $47 plus tax and shipping for the mag box.
It’s hard enough to get an email from them so I paid for the bs restocking fee and hopefully when I get home from work next week the mag box will be at my house.

Me thinks the service is not what it used to be.

Those Jard triggers are amazing. Better then the already great factory kimber trigger.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:49 AM

I sent a scope in for warranty work this summer. 13 days from me dropping it off at the post office to it arriving good as new in my mailbox.

Unbeatable if you ask me.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:05 AM

I've sent in some binoculars and and a scope for repairs. I only have had good things to say. Lost my dial caps for my scope and was sent new ones free of charge in under a week. I only buy Leupold products because of the warranty and exceptional service.
Old 10-14-2018, 12:17 PM

Agreed ....I've always had great experience and service with them in the past as well. Struggling to understand why things have recently changed or after a month to not even get a response from them on the status of a dial....unfortunate, because service is sometimes what makes or breaks customer loyalty. Thanks all.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:36 PM

Nothing but good things to say about my experiences with Korth/Leupold.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Nothing but good things to say about my experiences with Korth/Leupold.
Same, lost caps, emailed and had new caps next week free. Emailed about retrofitting 2 scopes to Cds turrits, quick response with prices.
Tullfan
Old 10-14-2018, 08:18 PM

As much as I hate to call I guess judging by your guys responses and turn around times there must be some logical explanation for mine taking over a month and them not wanting to respond to my email or giving me a shout if needed.....I'll give them a shout tomorrow. Thanks all.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:41 PM

Default Long time ago...

Maybe 7 or so years ago I brought in some wind river Binos ($600value) because one of the eye cups fell off and they just out right gave me a brand new pair of the same Binos...always thought that was more than decent of them!
Old 10-15-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
As much as I hate to call I guess judging by your guys responses and turn around times there must be some logical explanation for mine taking over a month and them not wanting to respond to my email or giving me a shout if needed.....I'll give them a shout tomorrow. Thanks all.
While you are at it, try talking to one of the managers there. Korth over the years has demonstrated an extreme interest in providing top notch service. If they have someone abusing clients I am sure they would definitely want to know about it so they can fix it. Hope you get your stuff before you need to leave.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:35 PM

I broke the rings off of my leupold switch power 10/17 x 42's so I emailed about getting them fixed. Less than 48 hours later I had received an email from brad telling me they could not be fixed but they would send me a new pair if I returned mine with a brief explanation of what was wrong. Couple weeks later I had brand new 10x42 BX-4 Pro guides in my hand
Old 10-15-2018, 12:46 PM

Korth is top notch they replaced a 1.5x 5 VX-3 scope I had since 1975 with a brand new one, sent me scope shims for free a lost turret cap twice. I think it's a small busy shop with no one designated to answer the phone or emails.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:56 PM

I think you guys are all right....I used to (and think it may have been Brad...or maybe a Tony) get spoiled by crazy quick turnaround times (often within a couple weeks) and so now I get a little cranky by a guy telling me I'm basically taking up his time instead of just answering me politely....then no response to email status request after 4 weeks of waiting (but it's their busy time). I called today and indicated it's been almost 5 weeks so curious if I'll get it in time to take it out and turns out it's in the mail.🙂 I'm usually pretty easy going and fairly loyal to good service so was more just curious what others have been experiencing lately....thanks all!