Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-13-2018, 06:34 PM

Default Internet and Cable plans 2018

I know there have been other threads on this, but things change constantly on this topic.

I'm ditching my cable real soon and wonder what people are doing for internet plans and entertainment content packages such as Apple TV, Crave, Amazon Prime, etc.

I just can't stomach paying this much anymore for these channels of garbage.

I'm thinking of keeping the internet provider I have (unlimited data), getting an "off air" HD antennae so I get local news, and topping it off with a package or 2 like Netflix, Crave or whatever.

Only thing I think I'll miss is live sports, but I seem to have less time for that stuff, and I guess I can always head down to the pub if theres really a game I just have to see.

What are you guys who dropped your cable doing these days for getting content?
thanks
Old 06-13-2018, 10:54 PM

Teksavvy for unlimited data 30 up 5 down for $50 (plan no longer available). Netflix, youtube, and reddit for all other things.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:01 PM

We pay $32/mo for unlimited internet and that's it. Movies and music we can download for free. TV shows don't interest us as they are mostly junk compared with movies, but could download them if we wanted to. We would rather read stories that interest us on the internet than watch the nightly news. Neflix, Crave, Android box... all overly complicated and unnecessary systems from someone trying to get your money.