Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
they wouldnt have any of it. basically i had to pay return shipping to china, or buy another light bar at a discount, because they sent me the wrong one.
What in the world? I've bought hundreds of things here and in USA on amazon and I've sent bad broken items and everything. That's odd, last resort you could have called and did a claim with your credit card company. I hate when they tell you to send it back to China, all I do is get an estimate to send to China and it's usually like $80. I explain to them that spending $80 to get back $100 is the biggest scam in the world haha.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:37 AM

If you want to talk bout scams, I just mailed a parcel through Canada Post. I have more than 8 solid years working in the shipping areas of various companies so I have some clue of what I'm doing. I did all work for Canada Post via their Ship in a Click online mainly because I don't trust them. Once I dropped off the parcel they told me I would have to pay an extra $14 because the weight and measurements were different. Funny thing is I currently work in a lab with a scale calibrated and certified to 0.001 grams. When I took the tape measure out of my pocket and measured the dimensions again they were spot on. Both Canada Post's scale and those cheap plastic tape measure they provide their employees are not accurate. I had to ask to speak to the manager before they would accept my parcel as is. Those crooks!

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 06-11-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
What in the world? I've bought hundreds of things here and in USA on amazon and I've sent bad broken items and everything. That's odd, last resort you could have called and did a claim with your credit card company. I hate when they tell you to send it back to China, all I do is get an estimate to send to China and it's usually like $80. I explain to them that spending $80 to get back $100 is the biggest scam in the world haha.
If you're buying an item sold and shipped by Amazon then yes it's the easiest process if something goes wrong. But if you purchase an item sold by a third party on the Amazon website and something goes wrong, the seller sometimes tries to argue and refuses certain things. Most of the time if you contact Amazon they will always side with the buyer, but Does take a few steps.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Banned

I have bought many things on Amazon and the majority of transactions and product was satisfactory. I have had a few items that were faulty or broke the first or second time I used them. I do the online reviews on all the product I buy on Amazon and when I fill out a bad review on all occasions but one the seller made things right.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I stopped for gas in Temecula CA. I tried to use my credit card the pump said enter zip code, tried my postal code nope, went into the station charged $100 on my card put in $86 gas the attendant put $14 back on my card all good. 2 days later I tried to use my card "DENIED" phoned the CC company my card was used twice in Chicago the same day I used it in California and they cancelled it. Mastercard said they were investigating but I never heard from them again fortunately I had a few other cards to use on holidays.
From what I remember, I had to put my first three number/letter on my postal code and enter 3 zeros after that....
Old 06-11-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
You do realize amazon is usually good about it and let's you send it back or even at times keep the item and refunds you.
Not quite true! I was hit with this as well recently. All is well and good if the item is listed as "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca" all is good with returns. But if you are dealing with one of the resellers using Amazon, the rules are different, and essentially follow what the OP said.

Now I make sure which it is, a decide if I am willing to take the risk.

Vic
Old 06-11-2018, 04:45 PM

speaking of amazon . I have been sent double items 5 times last year . the first time I contacted them they mailed me an empty box to sent items back . 4 other times i have not bothered . I check my bank card and no double charges . last December I ordered myself a CCrane shortwave radio . 2 weeks later another showed up . That one turned into my son inlaw xmas gift lol.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:40 PM

Just got a call from the Windows repair guy and wasted 5 minutes of his time before he caught on.....Last week I had the guy for 10 minutes

Still waiting for a call from CRA cause I owe a **** load of back taxes and need to be arrested
Old 06-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Just got a call from the Windows repair guy and wasted 5 minutes of his time before he caught on.....Last week I had the guy for 10 minutes

Still waiting for a call from CRA cause I owe a **** load of back taxes and need to be arrested
I had "Microsoft" call me telling me I have a virus and my computer keeps calling them to help get rid of it. I felt bad for the guy so I told him I'm a hacker and will ruin him and his company. He laughed thanked me for my time and told me have a good day; and hung up haha.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I had "Microsoft" call me telling me I have a virus and my computer keeps calling them to help get rid of it. I felt bad for the guy so I told him I'm a hacker and will ruin him and his company. He laughed thanked me for my time and told me have a good day; and hung up haha.
Oh NO....You have to play so dumb to waste as much time with them....Once he caught on that I was playing him, I unleashed many choice words...I love doing this now..LOL
Old 06-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Oh NO....You have to play so dumb to waste as much time with them....Once he caught on that I was playing him, I unleashed many choice words...I love doing this now..LOL
I didn't really have time to waste haha. I've wasted their time two times prior as they call once every few months. I've seen videos where they play dumb and they actually gain control of the other guys computer and he freaks out lol.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:55 PM

"chameleon registration" Big scam as far as I'm concerned.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4269086/h...opens-calgary/