Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-03-2018, 07:16 AM

So very sorry to read this and can't imagine the pain your family is going through. I will be passing this onto my own kids. Such a terrifying thing as a parrent, that something happens to our kids.
Thank you for sharing, may your daughter be at peace.
WS
Old 02-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Banned

I am so sick of this scourge . I am so sad for you and your little girl.
1422 O.D. deaths in B.C. this year, most of them from phentinal. We need the death penalty for the importers and dealers.
Bless you and your daughter and I wish you some measure of peace eventually. Our hearts are with you. Joe and Leslie.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:48 AM

So sorry to here Tales like these. Too many left behind to feel the pain. God bless.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:04 AM

So sorry for your family. We need some tough law changes to deal with these scum selling this crap.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:08 AM

No words to express how deep the condolences are from one father to another in a tragedy like this.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Be Hunting View Post
My 30 year old beautiful daughter is now in the hospital in Calgary "brain dead" from taking fentanal laced drugs!
I just came back from visiting her and she looked so beautiful and peaceful (except for the spasms caused from the destroyed brain cells from this drug) but she is effectively gone to heaven!
All that is left for us is to let her go to sleep, pain free and peacefully on Sunday!
If I could I would take the 12 gauge and deal with the scum dealing with this but that would lead to losing my remaining two children!
Addiction is a terrible thing, especially when it happens to ones family!
Looks like we will have no choice but to let her go to sleep forever, pain free, and with as much comfort as possible on Sunday.
PLEASE give your kids a big hug and kiss today, and tell them of the dangers of this drug epidemic we are experiencing!!!

RBC
I feel your pain, and your anger!
This is unnecessary, I've Struggled with addiction as well, so I've seen both sides of the story. The dealers, traffickers, and organized crime NEED to be held accountable for this crisis, they NEED to be charged with premeditated murder, knowingly selling this poison and actually making money, at the cost of innocent peoples lives is unacceptable! Preying on those with addiction is such despicable act. Why our governing bodies stand idle is beyond me. Somethings got to change, this cannot continue. I am so scared of what my boys will face when they are older, especially, coming from families with long histories of addiction. I am so sorry for your loss, and pain, condolences to you and your family, take care.
WB
Old 02-03-2018, 08:26 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Very horrible for all, sorry to hear, I know a guy who's kid got imprisinment for dealing, he wanted sympathy from me in conversation about the sentencing, my reply is he is a monster who directly or indirectly killed people or torn lives apart.
I know people have choices just a all around sad situation with horrible outcomes.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-03-2018, 08:27 AM

I felt an overwhelming sense of sorrow and anger after reading your post. all of your family and friends will be forever changed and only because someone wanted to make money. such a waste, so sorry.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:31 AM
Banned

Sad, I know we have choices to take drugs or not, but I wish if the dealers were caught, execute them, one less can never hurt. I can't imagine if they decriminalise drugs, dealers will spring up everywhere. They need to be terminated, not released to go back to selling. It's a sad world.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:36 AM

I don’t even know what to say RBH. So sad. You and your family have my deepest condolences.

I took the liberty to share your story with my 12 year old daughter and 14 year old son. It’s one of my worst fears as a parent since it only takes using Fentanyl or another drug laced with it once to have the same results.

Thank-you RBH for finding the resolve to put your pain down in words so that others on here can use it to possibly help prevent the same from happening to one of their loved ones.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:01 AM

RBH; I truly don’t know what to say. Reading your post was gut wrenching. No parent should have to go through what your are dealing with right now. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:40 AM

So sorry for you and your family RBH. My youngest is that age. May you receive much comfort and strength in the days to come.

I lost a good friend, my # 1 hunting buddy, some years ago to addiction, it still wrenches my heart when I think about him and miss him.

Friends have lost kids too, one guy lost 2 sons the same night! And another a couple of years later. So tragic.

I think these issues are far worse than we even know, and likely to get even worse yet.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:11 AM

With tears in my eyes I send you and your family hugs and prayers. So sorry for the loss.

Dodger
Old 02-03-2018, 11:37 AM

So sorry to hear about your loss
Old 02-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Very sorry to hear this. Also to you Claystone.
Thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Praying for legions of angels to guide and protect her
Old 02-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgavey View Post
So sorry for your family. We need some tough law changes to deal with these scum selling this crap.
Agreed
Old 02-03-2018, 12:26 PM

Default prayers for all our children

Prayers sent your way. I have two daughters 28 and 31. I saw their faces when I read your story. thinking I'll go by their places tonight and give them that hug.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:56 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, stay strong.
WDF
Old 02-03-2018, 09:23 PM

Default Just awful to hear.

I am with out words as I feel nothing I could say could ease the pain.
Very sad to hear about your daughter and thank you for sharing your story as I will be having a sit down with my children and sharing this with them.
God bless.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:30 PM

Horrible event, very sorry for your situation....

LC
Old 02-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Banned

heartbreaking....no parent should have to go through that.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:12 PM

Very sad to hear this. Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
No words. Extremely sorry for the situation you're in. Your daughter isn't much younger than myself. Ugh.

I have 2 boys (2&4 in March) and it already crosses my mind from time to time on how to educate them on just how dangerous making bad decisions nowadays can be. I assume it'll only be worse once they reach the age to make those bad decisions. Growing up, it sure didn't seem like we had to consider that one hit, line, drag, etc could be your last... (Full disclosure, MJ is as bad as it got for me...) I completely understand your want to punish those who supplied the stuff. I would do the same, 100%.

I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Use whatever means necessary for the support and healing you and your family my need. Take care!
I don't know what kind of parenting advice I can give you. Ì struggled with this as well when my kids were growing up. They're 21,22,24. It don't seem to matter which kind of a upbringing these kids have, there is still a very big risk of the influence of drugs. I would like to think that what rbh and claystones heart breaking experience would be enough to deter these kids from making poor decisions. Unfortunately in lots of cases it does not. I guess probably the best advice I can give you is educate yourself thoroughly on the signs to look for and teach your kids honesty and integrity so they'll be open and forth coming about what they're up to. I've learned this by the mistakes I made by being closed minded to my kids and giving them a blast of **** rather then trying to be understanding. I am going to show my kids rbh's post and I hope that they'll get the idea about drugs and the effects that it has on lives.

Rbh and claystone I am very truly sorry for your losses.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:44 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.
I couldnt imagine losing one of my daughters.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:48 PM

My heart was just broken when I read this,so so sorry to hear this happened.My prayers go out to her.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:16 PM

It doesn’t get worse than this. I’m so sorry.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:30 PM
Banned

So very sad. Thank you for sharing your story. It may give someone cause to rethink their lifestyle. My sincere condolences.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:36 PM

I cannot imagine your pain. A sadness that may dull with time but never go away. Cherish the good times.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:45 AM

My deepest condolences.
As a new father I can only imagine how painful this must be. Our kids are so precious and I am going to go hug my daughter as soon as she wakes up.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard