Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 08:35 PM

Default hmm wonder what happened in oregon????

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/oregon-...undy-1.3421438

Authorities say shots were fired Tuesday during the arrest of members of an armed group that has occupied a national wildlife refuge in Oregon for more than three weeks.

In a statement, the FBI said one individual "who was a subject of a federal probable cause arrest is deceased." No other information about the deceased was immediately released.

The FBI said authorities arrested Ammon Bundy, 40, his brother Ryan Bundy, 43, Brian Cavalier, 44, Shawna Cox, 59, and Ryan Payne, 32, during a traffic stop on U.S. Highway 395 Tuesday afternoon. Authorities said another person, Joseph Donald O'Shaughnessy, 45, was arrested in Burns.

Bundy's group, which has included people from as far away as Arizona and Michigan, seized the headquarters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge on Jan. 2 as part of a long-running dispute over public lands in the West.

Bundy is the son of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who was involved in a high-profile 2014 standoff with the government over grazing rights.

The FBI said the people arrested Tuesday face a federal felony charge of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation or threats
Old 01-26-2016, 10:01 PM

1 dead Lavoy Finicum was a rancher who was protesting with others. Apparently shot 3 times with hands in the air. Arizona Militia has made call out for members to mobilize, no word from oathkeepers or 3% s yet.

Civil war?
Old 01-26-2016, 10:12 PM

http://gawker.com/ammon-bundy-report...ody-1755342017
Old 01-26-2016, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck12 View Post
The hospital is in lockdown.......looks like someone opened the doors to the asylum
Old 01-27-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster_777 View Post
1 dead Lavoy Finicum was a rancher who was protesting with others. Apparently shot 3 times with hands in the air. Arizona Militia has made call out for members to mobilize, no word from oathkeepers or 3% s yet.

Civil war?
Lavoy? Shot with his hands in the air? Good reporting Oyster. Keep us posted.

Last edited by Morbius131; 01-28-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyster_777 View Post

Civil war?
Well if you make a statement on TV that you won't be arrested and warn the cops not to point a gun at you. You gotta expect that this can happen. To bad he got shot. Glad the Bundys are in custody and hope they clean the mess up soon.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:20 AM

It looks like another wacko that got wacked will become a martyr.

Camo sales will now spike in Oregon.

Antique vacuum tube ham radio gear and tin foil sales will also soar. The Feds were allegedly using EMP's to destroy communications gear and to erase cell phone video evidence of the shooting incident.

Time to E Bay all your old vacuum tube gear and make a few bucks.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Banned

The Feds murdered another innocent Man, status quo for them. I am just glad they moved on from gunning down or burning alive woman, children and babies like in Waco and Ruby Ridge.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
The Feds murdered another innocent Man, status quo for them. I am just glad they moved on from gunning down or burning alive woman, children and babies like in Waco and Ruby Ridge.
How about them chemtrails, huh?
Old 01-27-2016, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
How about them chemtrails, huh?
What does that have to do with the cold blooded murder at hand?
Old 01-27-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you been monitoring Militia Alert Shortwave Broadcast 3.843Mhz again.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:57 PM

Hammond is a religious nut job, does that make him a terrorist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7M0mG6HUyk

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-27-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post

He could be considered a terrorist. Climate change deniers can now fall into that category too. Heavy set old armed anti-government white guys with beards are hardly pushing the envelop nowadays.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post

Yes. His actions make him a terrorist. Picture a group of Muslims doing the exact same thing and most would laugh at you for even questioning it.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
Yes. His actions make him a terrorist. Picture a group of Muslims doing the exact same thing and most would laugh at you for even questioning it.
Exactly. I'm amazed there are people on this board that actually make apologies for him.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Muslims taking over a federal building for Islamic purposes would make them terrorists yes. However, and thankfully, these two situations are nothing remotely similar so no, Bundy is not a terrorist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Exactly. I'm amazed there are people on this board that actually make apologies for him.
Explain how he is a terrorist? Was his goal to put fear into the general Population? Was his goal to target civilians? No, it was not. You left wingers have no desire to see anything happen but total destruction of Western culture by foreign entities and seem like you won't be happy until it happens. What sad lives you lead.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Muslims taking over a federal building for Islamic purposes would make them terrorists yes. However, and thankfully, these two situations are nothing remotely similar so no, Bundy is not a terrorist.

Explain how he is a terrorist? Was his goal to put fear into the general Population? Was his goal to target civilians? No, it was not. You left wingers have no desire to see anything happen but total destruction of Western culture by foreign entities and seem like you won't be happy until it happens. What sad lives you lead.
So in your mind, anyone who does not immediately buy into your conspiracy theories is a left winger?

Got it.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:

But armed white people taking over a federal building for white purposes isn't terrorism? "Homegrown terrorism*or*domestic terrorism is commonly associated with violent acts committed by citizens or permanent residents of a state against their own people or property within that state without foreign influence in an effort to instill fear on a population or government as a tactic designed to advance political, religious, or ideological objectives"

I'm not left wing. I just read and think.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:

So if I find your thinking against my thinking...walk over to your house with guns in tow and say take over your home and say I am peaceful unless threatened and that I just want your house to be public owned you are ok with that? You would consider that criminal.

Near as I can tell the Bundys took their guns to a public building...said we are peaceful unless provoked and we want all federal land turned over so the rules are more conducive to my cattle operations. You consider that ok.

What you say is if Muslims took over Fish Creek Park interpretive centre and said we have guns are peaceful unless provoked and we want to have a prayer space in all public building that you consider that terrorism.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-27-2016, 07:19 PM

Default hmm wonder what happened in oregon????

It seems like a few of you need to do a bit more research on what the objective was of those ranchers and how this whole has gotten to where it is today.
The BLM doesn't have any authority to take land away from anyone. Per the American constitution. And when things didn't go their way they bullied and damaged property of ranching families to get there way. Ammon bundy was the main negotiator of the occupiers and was in almost constant communication with the FBI negotiators. All the occupiers wanted was for the FBI to conduct an investigation on the branches of government that affect the ranchers lives( this is what the FBI was created for)
They are not terrorists, just ****ed off people who have been pushed around for to long by corrupt government sectors.
They also wanted the release of the 2 ranchers from prison. Who had already served their time for the crimes the BLM raised against them. But a federal judge just decided he didn't think they served enough time and ordered them back to jail. ( fair huh?!?!) imagine you get convicted of a crime and serve 2 years in jail. Then get released and 10months later some judge decides that he doesn't think you should be free so he orders you back to jail for another 4 years.( something a jury had nothing to do with)
Old 01-27-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
But armed white people taking over a federal building for white purposes isn't terrorism? "Homegrown terrorism*or*domestic terrorism is commonly associated with violent acts committed by citizens or permanent residents of a state against their own people or property within that state without foreign influence in an effort to instill fear on a population or government as a tactic designed to advance political, religious, or ideological objectives"

I'm not left wing. I just read and think.

Can you explain to me what WHITE PURPOSES is? Holy crap, I don't think I've ever ready anything so ignorant on this forum.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
It seems like a few of you need to do a bit more research on what the objective was of those ranchers and how this whole has gotten to where it is today.
The BLM doesn't have any authority to take land away from anyone. Per the American constitution. And when things didn't go their way they bullied and damaged property of ranching families to get there way. Ammon bundy was the main negotiator of the occupiers and was in almost constant communication with the FBI negotiators. All the occupiers wanted was for the FBI to conduct an investigation on the branches of government that affect the ranchers lives( this is what the FBI was created for)
They are not terrorists, just ****ed off people who have been pushed around for to long by corrupt government sectors.
They also wanted the release of the 2 ranchers from prison. Who had already served their time for the crimes the BLM raised against them. But a federal judge just decided he didn't think they served enough time and ordered them back to jail. ( fair huh?!?!) imagine you get convicted of a crime and serve 2 years in jail. Then get released and 10months later some judge decides that he doesn't think you should be free so he orders you back to jail for another 4 years.( something a jury had nothing to do with)
I should have posted "hmm I wonder what took place in Oregon today"
we know what transpired to this point, and when I posted the thread there was no real info yet.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
The BLM doesn't have any authority to take land away from anyone. Per the American constitution. And when things didn't go their way they bullied and damaged property of ranching families to get there way.
WOW!!!!! You are so clueless, it's beyond words.

But it is YOU that really needs to do some research.
The fact is that in both cases, the douche bags want title to Public-Govt owned land that they grazed under lease......never mind the fact that they haven't paid their bill.....almost $1million is owed By the Bundy's.

If you think the Bundy's are in the right, I'd like to rent your house for whatever you ask, lease all your land. And then following their righteousness (which you are in agreement with), not pay you for years, refuse to leave when you want your property back and then claim your home and land as rightfully mine. And then run some BS up the flag pole.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Can you explain to me what WHITE PURPOSES is? Holy crap, I don't think I've ever ready anything so ignorant on this forum.
Lol thank you for making my point. In an earlier post I asked if Muslims were doing the exact same thing they would be considered terrorists. I was responding to him.

Last edited by Morbius131; 01-28-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
WOW!!!!! You are so clueless, it's beyond words.

But it is YOU that really needs to do some research.
The fact is that in both cases, the douche bags want title to Public-Govt owned land that they grazed under lease......never mind the fact that they haven't paid their bill.....almost $1million is owed By the Bundy's.

If you think the Bundy's are in the right, I'd like to rent your house for whatever you ask, lease all your land. And then following their righteousness (which you are in agreement with), not pay you for years, refuse to leave when you want your property back and then claim your home and land as rightfully mine. And then run some BS up the flag pole.
Well said.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lol thank you for making my point. In an earlier post I asked if Muslims were doing the exact same thing they would be considered terrorists. I was responding to him. You can follow along above.
You didn't answer the question. What is a "white purpose" ?
Old 01-28-2016, 06:48 AM
Banned

The real problem here is that both parties are in the wrong. The government down there is frequently overstepping it's authority. Some citizens also frequently overstep their legal rights. Looking at the big picture, I think we can all agree that the government is moving towards more of a dictatorship as opposed to remaining a constitutional republic. We will likely never know exactly what happened. Both sides will cover up the truth and the circumstances surrounding the incident. I would lean towards the FBI being in the wrong. If they would just leave these groups alone, they would fizzle out eventually.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:01 AM

The militia it seems has an Alberta branch too.

Anyone wanting to join, simply pm Deerguy. It appears he is the leader of the Alberta Branch.

Wow.

Bizarre people walk among us.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:18 AM

I saw a video post by a guy named mark mcullem or something along those lines anyways. It's an article from vise news and in the article it has a link to his Facebook video post. he was there, on the highway when the FBI moved and tells what happened.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/every...ilitiaman-dead

As for the bundy situation, I don't care about them so much as what they are doing. They themselves want the land at the refuge turned over to the county. So the ranchers in that area can use it. I do imagine if that happens they would try and use that as fuel for what ever they want for themselves. I still don't personally think they are terrorists. Most of the people there are behaving just like any other occupy protest. Those walking around with guns are exercising there right to open carry. They aren't threatening people, only said they would defend themselves.(as far as I've read)
Old 01-28-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
The militia it seems has an Alberta branch too.

Anyone wanting to join, simply pm Deerguy. It appears he is the leader of the Alberta Branch.

Wow.

Bizarre people walk among us.

Really?? After the last election, I don't find it strange at all that there are militias in Alberta. Don't think I'd ever join one, unless our government actually pulled some kind of martial law situation for there own benefit.
Closed Thread