Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2014, 06:39 AM

Default Didn't have time to stop her.....

With the nice weather we had yesterday took the GSP for an extra long walk. On my way back I was approaching a school yard so took the alley to cut around it because dogs are not allowed in school yards. Half way down the alley the dog must have smelled something good in someones garbage cause she went to check it out. thats when I seen them lying there. But by the time I put 2 and 2 together it was too late. My dog was standing on the 4 used needles lying on the side of the alley. PO'ed fur sure. Damn junkies!! If you wanna use fine go kill yourself , but why leave your **** for someone else and like I stated this was right beside an elementry school. A nice walk turned in to "Yay, another stroll down junkie ave!"
Old 04-07-2014, 07:31 AM

I find this maddening. Should be able to drag the people that do this type of stuff around by their hair through the crap and corruption until it's all cleaned up.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:49 AM

I remember someone renting a pickup from a rental place. Sometime during the day his children found some girly mags under the seat, the father saw this & pulled over & as he was lifting the back seat he got japed with a used needle.

He was taken to the hospital to get checked for HIV. It is sad when people have no respect for themselves or anyone or thing around them.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:55 AM

Like ALBTUFF said, I don't care if people have no respect for themselves, though I wish they were excluded from free healthcare since they chose to make themselves a greater burden on the system. And if they decide to harm others by leaving their filthy needles around, I think they should be charged with aggravated assault at the least, if not attempted murder.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:42 PM

For those who don't even care about their own health anymore, it's not hard to imagine that they care about nothing else in this world.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Did your dog get punctured, ALBTUFF?

Disgusting what people leave lying around. Everyday litter is bad enough...biohazardous material, WAY worse. Not to diminish what happened with your dog...but what if it had been a child, instead? What if they saw it as a toy; and ended up contracting HIV, or hepatitis? Areas like that should probably be better monitored by the EPS.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 04-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Default check cord check cord check cord

when junkies start being responsible for their garbage I suspect loonies wont put out poison or anti freeze for neighborhood dogs and cats and skunks and squirrels wont roam alleys distracting dogs and leading them into traffic.
that is why we always have check cord on a dog in case the distraction leads them to danger when they fail to honor a command. Check cords tend to make them believe obedience is not optional regardless of what they see smell or where they want to go on their own.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
Did your dog get punctured, ALBTUFF?

Disgusting what people leave lying around. Everyday litter is bad enough...biohazardous material, WAY worse. Not to diminish what happened with your dog...but what if it had been a child, instead? What if they saw it as a toy; and ended up contracting HIV, or hepatitis? Areas like that should probably be better monitored by the EPS.

No not that I could see. It really does suck. I have been living in this neighbour hood for 7 + years now and up until this last year there was very little problems. In the past six months I have been woken up to people breaking in to the neighbour's car, 3 guys roaming in and out of backyards checking garage doors, once I was almost late for work cause the EPS parked in front of my drive way blocking me in while they went and used a battering ram to arrest some drunken idiot at 6am. Now this. Can't even be safe walking my dog. The worst part about where these needles were found was it was right next to the K-grade 6 school. This is the last thing these kids need to find!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBTUFF View Post
No not that I could see. It really does suck. I have been living in this neighbour hood for 7 + years now and up until this last year there was very little problems. In the past six months I have been woken up to people breaking in to the neighbour's car, 3 guys roaming in and out of backyards checking garage doors, once I was almost late for work cause the EPS parked in front of my drive way blocking me in while they went and used a battering ram to arrest some drunken idiot at 6am. Now this. Can't even be safe walking my dog. The worst part about where these needles were found was it was right next to the K-grade 6 school. This is the last thing these kids need to find!
What part of the city was this in? wanna keep my dog safe
Old 04-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Gone Hunting

What I'd like to know is where is the justice in a system that treats drug addicts like victims and smokers like criminals.

Last time I looked, using illegal drugs was, well, illegal. And it is my understanding that illegal drugs cost society hundreds of millions more the legal use of tobacco.

It is also my understanding that both are chemically addictive and both are a matter of personal choice, in exactly the same way.

So why then do I have to pay several hundred percent in taxes on a legal product while the crack addict gets free addiction treatment?

I have had doctors refuse to treat me on the grounds that I as a smoker caused my own health problems.

It doesn't seem right to me.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-07-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
What part of the city was this in? wanna keep my dog safe
Im gonna take a stab in the dark here and say north end somewhere
Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 PM

Yes where is the justice? Both tobacco and drugs start out as a choice! Both are addictive. Both have victims. Both cost us a lot in health care! One is legal and one is not legal, only because the government is in bed with one. To me, it seems that the real victims here are those who do not indulge. They get to pay the medical expenses and funeral expenses for those who make the other choice. Yes where is the justice?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:47 PM

A great argument for legalization and taxation if there ever was one.....?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteland.soldier View Post
A great argument for legalization and taxation if there ever was one.....?
A bit of a leap I would say..
Old 04-08-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
A bit of a leap I would say..
I would say. Not sure how that would result in no more used needles on the ground. Seems to work great for booze and tobacco, almost never see cigarette butts or empty beer cans on the ground.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:23 AM

I was replying to

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Yes where is the justice? Both tobacco and drugs start out as a choice! Both are addictive. Both have victims. Both cost us a lot in health care! One is legal and one is not legal, only because the government is in bed with one. To me, it seems that the real victims here are those who do not indulge. They get to pay the medical expenses and funeral expenses for those who make the other choice. Yes where is the justice?
by noting the fact that the profits of heroin go to drug dealers and not back to society to offset the cost that its use causes. I don't believe that legalization would cause widespread use. I don't use heroin because I don't want to be a junky. Legality has nothing to do with it. In those few countries that have legalized drug use, there has not been an increase in use associated with the change.

That said, I'd prefer not to have this debate here. I don't want to derail the thread any further. If you like, I'm open to starting a new thread on the subject.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:57 AM

Is this any different than some of the idiots that drive the roads ?
Old 04-08-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
Im gonna take a stab in the dark here and say north end somewhere

This was in North Glenora.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteland.soldier View Post
I was replying to

by noting the fact that the profits of heroin go to drug dealers and not back to society to offset the cost that its use causes. I don't believe that legalization would cause widespread use. I don't use heroin because I don't want to be a junky. Legality has nothing to do with it. In those few countries that have legalized drug use, there has not been an increase in use associated with the change.

That said, I'd prefer not to have this debate here. I don't want to derail the thread any further. If you like, I'm open to starting a new thread on the subject.
HSBC was caught red handed with money laundering of billions of dollars of drug money... no charges were filed. Where's the justice in that.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 04-08-2014, 06:42 AM

We should not condemn these poor people. They are sick and need help, I think we should spend all of our government money to help them. Feed, shelter and clothe them, after all they did this to themselves. Wait a minute those stupid idiots did this to themselves? Well then f#$k them, lets put an open season on the bastards. We could make it a game, point system, 10 points for a cocaine user and 20 points for the needle jerks. Not too many where I live but I am willing to travel.