Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:33 PM

Default Trump-Trudoe nafta deal

This is a pretty damn good explanation of what to expect. Please guys obey the rules and avoid political comments about either one of two T.... This is strictly economy!
https://youtu.be/UwE_V0kjE_A

Very well explained what to expect....
Old 06-12-2018, 04:50 PM

Cool

Sadly, there's too many Knuckleheads here who are incapable of keeping politics out of a thread like this.

Good Luck with it,

Selkirk
Old 06-12-2018, 05:15 PM

The thread is by it's very nature political. Oh and Ezra licking up after Trump, big surprise.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-12-2018, 05:18 PM

Trumps endgame has always been to improve his nations position, that means an evening of trade with Mexico and trying to get some of Ontario’s manufacturing back.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
The thread is by it's very nature political. Oh and Ezra licking up after Trump, big surprise.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:31 PM

Keeping it economic...

End of Nafta, along with all the tariffs for everyone else in the known world except Russia equals loss of jobs in Canada and US consumers pay more for almost everything...no one will be getting $200 TVs anymore. They will pay real money now. I don’t think that will last long.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:44 PM

Well this NAFTA thing could really screw us over up here. The States hold all the cards with over 300M people, our 30M in comparison is minute. The States are picking up drilling and wont need O&G in the near future. We also cant seem to get a pipeline heading west built without government interference. Everything were seeing is pointing towards a major recession in the next two years if the idiots running things in this country can't get a deal done thats favorable to Canada.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill

Last edited by raab; 06-12-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:46 PM

Read your history books - starting in about 1928.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundog57 View Post
Read your history books - starting in about 1928.
Yup, get ready. Fed in QT mode and hiking rates. Tariffs and trade wars leading to increasing inflation, labour pressures growing, all the while consumer, government and corporate debt is through the roof. Canadas is just a side note in this game. Watch the emerging markets take a S kicking first.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
You can just ignore Ezra. It’s the other guy who deserves lots of attention.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:13 PM

Canada needs to diversify ... develop new markets so we are not so dependent on one partner. This glass is half full.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Well this NAFTA thing could really screw us over up here. The States hold all the cards with over 300M people, our 30M in comparison is minute. The States are picking up drilling and wont need O&G in the near future. We also cant seem to get a pipeline heading west built without government interference. Everything were seeing is pointing towards a major recession in the next two years if the idiots running things in this country can't get a deal done thats favorable to Canada.
Completely agree! That’s what pizzez me off - our liberals not understanding who are they dealing with, and I’m not even talking about Trump(even thou he is a heavy hummer compared to the sock boy and his team of “negotiators”). The all mighty USA is a behemoth that can swallow us without chewing first. Hate to say it but Canada depends on the US, and not vice versa.... it looks like the libs don’t understand that simple fact.
I’m not even going to mention the idiotic rhetoric that they brought to the NAFTA table - gender, feminism, global warming...
Old 06-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Canada needs to diversify ... develop new markets so we are not so dependent on one partner. This glass is half full.
How do we do that with people to the east and west blocking pipelines? Then add in our rail capacity needs to be doubled by 2030. We're hooped if we dont get a good deal with the Americans.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 06-12-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Completely agree! That’s what pizzez me off - our liberals not understanding who are they dealing with, and I’m not even talking about Trump(even thou he is a heavy hummer compared to the sock boy and his team of “negotiators”). The all mighty USA is a behemoth that can swallow us without chewing first. Hate to say it but Canada depends on the US, and not vice versa.... it looks like the libs don’t understand that simple fact.
I’m not even going to mention the idiotic rhetoric that they brought to the NAFTA table - gender, feminism, global warming...
Yep, doesn't bode well for us. Trump literally wrote the book on negotiating a deal.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
You can just ignore Ezra. It’s the other guy who deserves lots of attention.
Nope, another of Ezra's shills. Look, the clown insulted Canada by saying we are a security risk to the US. Would be nice to see Canadians rally around their country instead of following stupid political lines. He **** on our country and our vets, screw him. I'm with Canada on this one, i don't love Justin, but I am Canadian. Yes it would be nice to forget what he said, but it cannot be ignored.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-12-2018, 06:23 PM

Economic diversification has to be created. It can come from technology(and we have lots of interesting ones, especially in oil and gas sector), finances, natural resources, manufacturing(hard to compete with China in most cases) and research and development. With the current money flow out of country, it will be very difficult to go forward with any of those....
Old 06-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Nope, another of Ezra's shills. Look, the clown insulted Canada by saying we are a security risk to the US. Would be nice to see Canadians rally around their country instead of following stupid political lines. He **** on our country and our vets, screw him. I'm with Canada on this one, i don't love Justin, but I am Canadian. Yes it would be nice to forget what he said, but it cannot be ignored.
Sorry pal but I think you did take Trumps word incorrectly. By saying that we are a security threat, he ment that our dear prime monster is a security threat - and he is!- because of what he had done so far. Paying the terrorists and bringing even more here for “rehabilitation” - this is for sure a security threat!
Old 06-12-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Sorry pal but I think you did take Trumps word incorrectly. By saying that we are a security threat, he ment that our dear prime monster is a security threat - and he is!- because of what he had done so far. Paying the terrorists and bringing even more here for “rehabilitation” - this is for sure a security threat!
He said we were a security threat because it was the only way he could get around congress and apply tariffs on our steel and aluminum. It's insulting for a country that had to be dragged into WW2 to be calling Canada a security threat.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-12-2018, 06:50 PM

I think they should both put on the gloves and duke it out.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I think they should both put on the gloves and duke it out.
I think that it would be a lot more entertaining if they were both on Celebrity Jeopardy. All kidding aside, I really hope that a trade deal can be negotiated, and quick for Canada's sake.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:52 PM

I just have to put it here guys!
https://www.theblaze.com/video/laugh...paign=theblaze
Old 06-12-2018, 08:09 PM

The Canadian economy is under attack by an aggressive nation. Not the time to be looking for a rabbit hole.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:14 PM

It's an easy way for both governments to get more money out of everybody without implementing new taxes. This will negatively impact the financial situation of everyone in both countries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg U.S. Export Trading Partner 2017.jpg (52.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg U.S. Import Trading Partner 2017.jpg (33.3 KB, 57 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-12-2018, 09:05 PM

Canadians need to be prepared for the upcoming media weapon that will be hurled against us, designed to destabilize our will. The ‘American consumer’ model has run it’s course.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:31 PM

Default Closed

Only reason this is being left up is to show that you will be suspended or banned for intentionally breaking forum rules.
Closed Thread