Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2018, 01:26 PM

Default Dog Bed Idea's for F150

Hey guys,

I have an F150 crew cab & a big hairy dog that likes to come along for a ride once in a while. I have seen lots of different hammock/bed styles for the back seat but I would prefer to keep my seats folded up so the dog would be laying on the floor. Has anyone seen or use a full hammock style that would clip to the back seats while folded up and extend to the floor then back up to the backside of the driver & passenger seat? Or any other ideas/

Thanks
Old 02-05-2018, 01:42 PM

I ran into the same situation. I ended up only lifting up the 2/3rd section of the back seat so she would kind of stick to one side. The ford's are nice because they have the flat floor so they're not tripping over tray's or slipping off the fold out platform (Dodge). My seats were leather so they were easy to clean, the only part that hair would stick to was the bottom side of the seat which was carpeted and she tended to lean against. She was a Mastiff so the short hair wasn't too too much of a problem but i often thought of getting a custom cover made out of a plastic or vinyl material that would just velcro to the bottom of the seat when it's flipped up.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubb View Post
I ran into the same situation. I ended up only lifting up the 2/3rd section of the back seat so she would kind of stick to one side. The ford's are nice because they have the flat floor so they're not tripping over tray's or slipping off the fold out platform (Dodge). My seats were leather so they were easy to clean, the only part that hair would stick to was the bottom side of the seat which was carpeted and she tended to lean against. She was a Mastiff so the short hair wasn't too too much of a problem but i often thought of getting a custom cover made out of a plastic or vinyl material that would just velcro to the bottom of the seat when it's flipped up.
I wasn't sure if I worded it properly for anyone to understand what I was actually looking for but you totally got it lol. At least you had leather, I have cloth and I can see it being an issue. I like the Hmmock style but from what I can see it looks like its only made for when the seat is folded down.

A custom one with Velcro like you say would be a good idea
Old 02-05-2018, 02:01 PM

Do your rear seats fold 60/40? I just fold one side or both and put the dog mat. Drape a blanket on the seats before folding them in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2018, 02:59 PM

Our welder is in the process of building the same thing. Aluminum frame that's going to be upholstered. He wants it to fit while the seats are folded up. That's one lucky boxer, but he spoils him. Getting up there in age.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:00 PM

Cheap bedsheet from Winners/Homesense, a pair of scissors and a sewing kit out of a hotel room. You should be able to make a “deeper” version of your hammock style pretty easily and cheap.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 02-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Banned

I used to use a travel crate. Best method out there imo.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:49 PM

My lab rides in a Ruff Tough kennel (size large, I believe), which fits perfectly on the large flat floor of the crew cab F150.

I also have the optional tray, which sits on top of the kennel. It's a fantastic setup, and very safe for both him and me.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:56 PM

I use a blanket also on the large part of the seat( F450), but it's not great. If I put him on the floor he's up on his hind legs trying to look out the window. If you build a system, please share.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:08 PM

Check out amazon.ca. Search EVELTEK Luxury X-Large Dog Seat Cover... lots of material so covers back, floor and back up to front of back seat. Hair comes off easy and thick enough to protect. $35
Old 02-05-2018, 09:15 PM

Its a ford... Let 'er buck.

Resale value already in the dumper!

I have a soggydog for my backseat. Its frickin' awesome. Super easy to remove. Super easy to install.

www.soggydog.ca
Old 02-05-2018, 09:17 PM

In fact.. it doesn't fit in my Truck anymore (moved to a smaller unit).. Its just sitting in the garage!

Let me know if you're interested!