Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Report a Drug Dealer

Have a new idea on busting these drug houses and dealers.
Just have to have a report a drug house number like report a poacher!
When the house is busted the reporter gets 1/2 of the money of the dealers net worth( bank accounts ,house value etc)

I don't think there would be a drug house anywhere in one year !
You would have dealers snitching out his supliers because he would make at least $500,000. with just one call !

JR

Last edited by -JR-; 12-08-2007 at 06:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:16 AM

I think yer onto something there JR !
Old 12-08-2007, 08:29 AM

Even if it was less than half of the net worth, like 15-20%, it would likely work. This way the Gov would get a bigger slice of the pie. They would get more phone calls, just maybe our taxes wouldn't be going up as often.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:43 AM

The only problem with it is because we as anglers or hunter agree to certain search and sezuire provisions to be put aside when we buy a licence, so a tip can result in a search with probable cause because he are shown as holding a licence. Drug dealers have'nt given away their rights to proper search and seziure, so guess what.
They have more rights than we do.
Sad but friggin true.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-08-2007, 08:49 AM
gopherslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
The only problem with it is because we as anglers or hunter agree to certain search and sezuire provisions to be put aside when we buy a licence, so a tip can result in a search with probable cause because he are shown as holding a licence. Drug dealers have'nt given away their rights to proper search and seziure, so guess what.
They have more rights than we do.
Sad but friggin true.
A call to crimestoppers is enough to pull a warrant, on anyone.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherslayer View Post
A call to crimestoppers is enough to pull a warrant, on anyone.
Now I dont know how the whole warrent process works, but from what I've picked up from various LEO's over the years (BTW one is my best friend) suggests that an anonymous call alone is'nt sufficent grounds to get a warrent. Just imagine the hellabalue if warrents were issued on anonymous tips alone. All sorts of law suits against the Crown for this or that part of your Charter Rights being squashed.
Only us firearms owners, hunters and anglers have less rights than the drug lords, but of course if you have done nothing wrong what do you have to fear.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-08-2007, 09:05 AM
gopherslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Now I dont know how the whole warrent process works, but from what I've picked up from various LEO's over the years (BTW one is my best friend) suggests that an anonymous call alone is'nt sufficent grounds to get a warrent. Just imagine the hellabalue if warrents were issued on anonymous tips alone. All sorts of law suits against the Crown for this or that part of your Charter Rights being squashed.
Only us firearms owners, hunters and anglers have less rights than the drug lords, but of course if you have done nothing wrong what do you have to fear.
I guess the police here didn't know that when my friends ex wife told them he was a "dealer" and they broke in through the front door at 2am to find him "playing" with his new Gf on the couch.

No drugs found, house a mess, nothing ever said.

I have a few personal experiences with this.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherslayer View Post
I guess the police here didn't know that when my friends ex wife told them he was a "dealer" and they broke in through the front door at 2am to find him "playing" with his new Gf on the couch.

No drugs found, house a mess, nothing ever said.

I have a few personal experiences with this.
I'll PM you since we've already got a hi jack in progress.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-08-2007, 12:07 PM

I think what the cops should be doing is case a place once a tip is given.
or
Find out if anyone in the house ever had a hunting lience and get a fish cop to go into a house .
Old 12-08-2007, 06:22 PM

Good luck on that JR. We have a house a few doors down that is drug dealers. They had been busted a few years ago, hubby went to jail and they are back selling. I have taken down license plates, times and days and forwarded it on to the police, still nothing. They say they need to catch them in the act. Catch someone coming out of the house with drugs and that just doesnt happen. Been here 3 years they are still here and the traffic is horrible. We live on a dead end street and shouldnt have this much teenage and older traffic. Teenagers just dont go visit 30 year olds with 8 and 5 year old children. Gave up long time ago. Maybe when we least expect it something will happen.
Beth
Old 12-08-2007, 10:36 PM

we have that program in Edmonton, make a call and it goes to a drug detective wha acts upon the info....
Old 12-09-2007, 12:33 PM

Wish that was the case here, you get scared having little guys outside. Sometimes big trucks( jacked up) come in and park, gone 10 mins then when they leave they back out at a high rate of speed. It just takes a little guy to run after a ball or something and thats it. We put up a fence for our kids just for a little piece of mind when we are out playing outside. We are in a nice trailer park and they cant even evict them out they need proof. Hello we all know that they do this down on this end. My rant i guess.
Beth
Old 12-09-2007, 06:30 PM
robert B

Default I hope

I hope you all are right the fact's in hand when you call five- 0 on a drug dealer other wise that could be a bad case of defamation of charcter to a family or person be sure of your facts before you call.good for anyone of you reporting a drug dealer's they have no place in soceity.