Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2018, 07:59 AM

Default What bizarre people there are out there.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cid=spartandhp

Reading this makes me seriously wonder what goes wrong with people. This is even bizarre for the US TV Show Cops.

Police 'were monsters who would kill them': Details emerge in Alberta naked kidnapping

New details about the naked kidnapping case were revealed in an agreed statement of facts submitted in court last week.
They thought it was Armageddon and wanted to save their neighbours.
They believed police were monsters. They showed super strength after being pepper sprayed and Tasered.
And all but one of them were naked because, with the end of the world, they didn't have time to get dressed.
A court document has provided more details in a bizarre naked kidnapping case that happened last year south of Edmonton, but some questions remain.
Two women and one man, who cannot be identified due to a publication ban, each pleaded guilty in Leduc provincial court last week to a charge of unlawful confinement. One of the women also pleaded guilty to dangerous driving. Her two teenage daughters were involved in the case, but not charged.

No mention of hallucinogenic tea

The girls' father, who was not part of the group, has said the five may have unknowingly consumed some hallucinogenic tea. But the agreed statement of facts submitted in court says alcohol and drugs were not factors and there is no mention of tea in the document.
The group, who are Jehovah's Witnesses, had gathered at a home near Leduc on Nov. 2. The mother, who was then 35, had taken her daughters there to visit her 27-year old nephew and his 30-year old wife.
But over the next three days, the court document says, they didn't leave the house and they barely ate. One of the teens recalls watching movies but also hearing screaming and banging and seeing ashes in the air. Some of the five hid in a bedroom or a bathroom.
"They did so because they believed that they were in danger, either from bad or wicked people outside or from demons," says the document.
Je So they rushed off to find safety and save a neighbouring family.
"Four who were naked were changing but they had to leave right away because it was unsafe, so they left without clothes," the document says.

Group chanted 'Jehovah' inside speeding SUV

The mother, the only one dressed, drove them all in a BMW SUV but was in such a hurry she went through the garage door. When the vehicle headed to the neighbours' home, it apparently bent a metal gate.
The neighbours — a man, his adult daughter and her six-week-old son — were forced out of their house and into the snow without shoes, the document says. The woman and her baby were put in the back seat with the teen girls, who were naked under a blanket. The man was put in the trunk and ordered to chant "Jehovah" 10 times.
The group also chanted "Jehovah" as the SUV sped down roads and went through a red light on the way to nearby Nisku, says the document.
Because the trunk didn't latch shut, the man was able to climb out when the vehicle slowed. His daughter, after getting her hand slammed in the door of the SUV, was able to get out with her baby. A passing truck stopped to help the trio and they climbed inside.
The document says the SUV then rammed the truck from behind and the woman and her baby were thrown into the truck's dash, although they were not injured. The SUV then went into a ditch.

Adults hit with Tasers up to 4 times

When Mounties arrived, the group continued to chant and refused to get out, at times clinging to the vehicle and each other. One of the teens believed the police "were monsters who would kill them," says the document.
Officers said the people in the SUV "displayed extreme strength." Two were unaffected by pepper spray. The three adults
were also shot with Tasers between two and four times before they relented, although one then slid under the vehicle and had to be dragged out with a strap.
The neighbours later told police the group seemed "demonized" and "obviously not in their right minds."
A judge has ordered pre-sentence reports and risk assessments, which could include psychological testing.
The three adult offenders are to return to court for sentencing Dec. 20.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-25-2018, 09:55 AM

No expert but when I read stories of people battling the police with extra human strength and no reacting to tasers, I kinda feel something other than hallucinogenic tea was somehow consumed

I would have thought with a case like that, blood samples would have been taken.

Either way, it's Hollywood stuff happening right here in Ab. Good thing they didn't crash worse and kill a bunch of people, inc themselves.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:31 AM

Drugs. For sure drugs. Super strength can be displayed by two groups - one affected by drugs and another one is known to show super strength is a seriously mentally and physically sick people with a down syndrom and retardation.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Drugs. For sure drugs. Super strength can be displayed by two groups - one affected by drugs and another one is known to show super strength is a seriously mentally and physically sick people with a down syndrom and retardation.
What makes it lean more toward the drugs theory is that they collectively participated, as opposed to a singular person being involved.

There is one more possibility, but I'll refrain from commenting on it.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:07 AM

................ another reason to "just say NO to drugs"
Old 09-25-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
What makes it lean more toward the drugs theory is that they collectively participated, as opposed to a singular person being involved.

There is one more possibility, but I'll refrain from commenting on it.
You mean -retards on drugs?
Old 09-25-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
................ another reason to "just say NO to drugs"
I thought drugs are good for you....
Old 09-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I thought drugs are good for you....
Absolutely, If you consider that kind of behavior good, they're top shelf
Old 09-25-2018, 12:37 PM

That's why I dont open the door to jehovah's witnesses.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:17 PM

Religious zealots on something like ketamine could result in meeting the deity of whatever they imagine at the time. Doesn't sound like herbal tea unless it was Jimson weed, at my high school several of the cool kids had to be restrained due to hallucinations after drinking some.

It was legal in the 70's
Old 09-25-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
That's why I dont open the door to jehovah's witnesses.
LOL....
Old 09-25-2018, 05:37 PM

Im still trying to figure out what the problem was....
Old 09-25-2018, 05:49 PM

^^ agred
Old 09-25-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Im still trying to figure out what the problem was....
kidnapping