Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Obtained a "green card" and went through at least 50 different strains, oil, weed, edibles, etc. They claim to have ones that give you energy and not get you high and take away pain..... still havent found one. The straight cbd oil has done zero for my pain, the high thc ones help with the pain.... mostly because im so high and paranoid ive forgotten about it. Still zero help for me. 3 percocet allow me to work pain free all day with zero impairment, actually have more patience and drive then pot. I understand its different for everyone. But if someone can suggest a marijuana strain that truly gives you energy, relives pain, all without impairing me and causing emotional stress. PLEAE let me know, as i would to replace the opiodes.
I do not believe that there is any one medication, either legal or illegal that will relieve symptoms for everyone and for sure there is not one single medication that is without side effects.

For me Percocet does take the edge off of my pain but I know I am impaired and even one or two makes it so that I can poop for a week.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I do not believe that there is any one medication, either legal or illegal that will relieve symptoms for everyone and for sure there is not one single medication that is without side effects.

For me Percocet does take the edge off of my pain but I know I am impaired and even one or two makes it so that I can poop for a week.
Ive heard that.... the pooping thing, hasnt been a problem for me. I was charged for impaired driving once. Insulin belive it or not. Fender bender. Thought they would get me for the percocet, actually my blood sugar was 3.8. so they charged me for insulin. Was thrown out and i wasnt convicted. Likely im just an addict, but the percocet actualy make me more fuctional and therefore a better contributing member of society. I was a heroin addict for three years living in east van. Best drug ever, if im on my death bed dieing of canced or something.... i wont hesitate to go with a bang. Heroin.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
My parents used to and probably still do, consider weed to be the same as heroin or any other hard drug. Feels like some on the forum feel the same way. I'm damn near 60 and have seen the personal effects of alcohol, prescription drugs and illegal narcotics other than weed as I'm sure many of you have. Not a pretty thing. Weed doesn't break up families and people don't overdose and die. When I went through radiation, it was the only thing that got rid of the nausea and gave me an appetite to eat the 4000 calories per day I was supposed to ingest. The anti-nausea drugs were useless in comparison. Legalizing it has been a long time coming for many reasons, the majority of them beneficial.
I used to think like your parents and the responsible thing to do was to get a doctor to write a prescription for pain medication.

Now I believe that for the most part the medical profession in many cases do not know what causes some types of pain but does know how to get a patient to move along. Write a prescription. That is much easier than figuring out a cause.

I have had a bit of relief using THC oil but I am far from cured. Actually I think most of my relief from much of my fibromyalgia pain is from life style changes that I made. Stress management, rest, a diet that seems to be anti inflammatory etc. Makes me wonder how I would have felt if I lived my life making better choices?
Old 09-15-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Portugal seems to be an interesting case study on a country that has de-criminalized drugs. I won't comment because I only watched one show, but they seem to be happy with the results. Who knows. I know that US prisons busting at the seams with taxpayers paying for guys who got caught with a bag of weed isn't the answer.
I really dont think its a matter of if it will happen, I think it's just a matter of when. When it happens the rural crime rate should drop substantially. The majority of these idiots running around stealing vehicles and fuel are junkies hopped up on meth trying to get enough money for fentanyl. If we legalized it they could buy morphine for roughly 2 dollars per 2mg dosage. Im not sure how much fentanyl costs but Im sure it could be made and sold cheaper legally then on the streets.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 09-15-2018, 10:33 PM

Agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I really dont think its a matter of if it will happen, I think it's just a matter of when. When it happens the rural crime rate should drop substantially. The majority of these idiots running around stealing vehicles and fuel are junkies hopped up on meth trying to get enough money for fentanyl. If we legalized it they could buy morphine for roughly 2 dollars per 2mg dosage. Im not sure how much fentanyl costs but Im sure it could be made and sold cheaper legally then on the streets.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Fentanyl can be made so cheaply it is stunning , especially when one learns just how it home made.
Morphine at $2 per 2mg dosage?
I don't think you can buy it that cheaply now and I doubt very much it will ever be available without a Doctor's prescription
Cat
Old 09-15-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I have read and reread your reply a dozen times.

Does one have to be high to understand this logic?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-15-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseRiverTrapper View Post
Those are current workplace rules. They will need to adapt to a new substance becoming legal. Employers will need to use new testing practices that determine if you are currently impaired or not. Not a urine test that shows you used a legal substance three weeks previous.
Eggzakly!
Who do employers think they are,it’s all just a bunch of CYA/liability BS anyhow.
Most people work a 40hr work week,when my employer starts paying me for 168hrs/week they can tell me what to do for the other 75% of my time.
I’ve maintained this attitude for decades,although given,it’s been illegal so an employer might have weak grounds to question your integrity and morals.....very weak....but once it’s legal it’s none of their business.
Then there’s this “safety sensitive position” nonsense I’ve seen mentioned here several times....another BS farce....I can see testing for post-incident if there’s a reliable method,no different then if you were drunk,but this pre-employment nonsense is just that,nonsense,and always been a point of contention for me,it’s none of anybody’s business what I did last weekend or 3 weeks ago.
Aside from that,any user with half a brain can pass a pre-employment screening,I’ve passed dozens of them over the years including back in the day when I was heavy smoker/daily user.
I barely smoke at all anymore,but where I smoked up to a 1/4 oz/day at one time,I buy a 1/4 now every couple months and often as not it dries up and turns to dust and crumbs before I finish it,so I could care less these days,but I’m all for freedom of choice,Even though I barely smoke anymore,I can’t hardly wait for the employment lawyers to take on these companies for wrongful dismissal and discriminatory hiring practices,it will fun to watch unfold.
I started smoking 38 years ago when I was 12yo....never been in trouble over it,never needed JT’s blessing or permission since then and I could care less if he gives it now,and I certainly did not vote for it.IMHO it’s just something else for the Libtards to mess up.I’ll buy it on the street just to spite them and not give them any of my hard earned dollars....probably gonna be cheaper on the street then any govt sanctioned store anyway.
I think it should have been merely decriminalized,but the Libs have this cash cow lined up square in their sights,who knows,Turdo’s idea of how budgets really do balance themselves.....only worthwhile thing he’d have ever done for this country I spose,even it is by fluke?
Mehhhh....I guess even a blind pig finds a truffle once in awhile??

Last edited by West O'5; 09-15-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
I’ll buy it on the street just to spite them and not give them any of my hard earned dollars....probably gonna be cheaper on the street then any govt sanctioned store anyway.
A friend of mine went to a doctor recently because he is living with chronic back pain due to an automobile accident. His doctor suggested that he smoke marijuana to see it that would give him any relief and he could write a prescription for him.

His doctor also said "If I were you I would buy it off the street, it is higher quality and way more potent.

I found that very interesting.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Fentanyl can be made so cheaply it is stunning , especially when one learns just how it home made.
Morphine at $2 per 2mg dosage?
I don't think you can buy it that cheaply now and I doubt very much it will ever be available without a Doctor's prescription
Cat
That's the price per ampule AHS was paying a few years ago. Maybe it's gone up since then.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 09-16-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagehunter View Post
Just saw this and thought it fits this thread, besides issues with traffic or work laws, the legalization might have an impact on Canadians for the travel to the USA. Anyone that invested or invests in pot related business, works in the industry or simply used it might face a lifetime ban to the USA. Already happened to people from other countries, as federally it's still illegal down South.
Adds to my opinion that the whole legalization thing is too early, too rushed and not thought through enough. No laws in place, still lots of confusion, the pros and cons should have been evaluated better, the fallout will be much bigger than failed roadside tests or tests at work.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-border-783260
If there's one thing legalization will do, it will greatly enhance our understanding of all the consequences of legal pot use. Right now everyone has questions about reliable roadside impairment testing, residual effects concerning the workplace, real vs imagined medical benefits, undiscovered medical benefits, elimination of black market weed, waste of police resources, overtaxed legal and incarceration system, U.S. border crossing, long term effects of usage, taxation revenue, will prices increase or decrease, public usage laws and restrictions, etc., etc., etc.
All these issues will be exposed and better understood because of legalization, and will never improve without it. It will keep the legal profession busy for years, writing new laws instead of defending and prosecuting recreational users. Undoubtedly, mistakes will be made.
The pros and cons will now be evaluated, in the real world, not by some taxpayer-funded government "study".
Sounds like I'm touting Trudeau, might be the only thing he did that was worthwhile.

Good or bad, pot is not going away, never will.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouseHunter View Post
A friend of mine went to a doctor recently because he is living with chronic back pain due to an automobile accident. His doctor suggested that he smoke marijuana to see it that would give him any relief and he could write a prescription for him.

His doctor also said "If I were you I would buy it off the street, it is higher quality and way more potent.

That’s a very refreshing outlook from a doctor. Tired of the cookie cutter doctors that only want to write you a prescription. It’s only very recently that the Canandian Pharmaceutical companies started disclosing the commissions doctors receive for pushing their products. Now think about that for a minute when you folks listen and heed your doctors advice word for word without doing your own questioning or researching....
Old 09-16-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I have read and reread your reply a dozen times.

Does one have to be high to understand this logic?

How does it not make sense? Let's look at whats causing the rural crime epidemic. It's well known that the current rural crime epidemic is caused by individuals with opiate addictions. What happens is these people cant afford their opiate hit, so they take the cheaper meth. When they take meth it makes them feel invincible. They then go out and steal from rural residents while hopped up on meth, to get the money for their opiates. They then take whatever they stole to the drug dealers who are in organized crime. The dealer gives them the drugs and takes the vehicles, gas, guns, etc... for pennies on the dollar.

So with the above example how would legalizing all drugs help?

Firstly) The officers currently being used to combat drug trafficking could be used in other areas like rural crime reduction.

Secondly) We are now making opiates more affordable for the junkie. They now can buy it for the same price as Meth. Giving them less incentive to turn to criminal activities.

Thirdly) They no longer have to deal with criminals to get their drugs. They now go into a local pharmacy and pick them up. This in turn reduces the likely hood that a junkie will turn to crime to fund his addiction.

It should be no surprise to anyone who's studied prohibition that crime levels will drop with legalization.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:

I am sure that you can get some stuff that is more potent but you may also get some poorer quality stuff and some stuff that is not what it is held out to be. You may also get some stuff that is simply dangerous. Not all street dealers are stand up guys that care about quality control.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I am sure that you can get some stuff that is more potent but you may also get some poorer quality stuff and some stuff that is not what it is held out to be. You may also get some stuff that is simply dangerous. Not all street dealers are stand up guys that care about quality control.
You could also just grow your own.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:47 AM

As far as lesson learned from prohibition goes, the only thing I think happened was that the big govnment gang took over and made competition illegal. Prices never went down but went up and up and up with the tax that the government gang imposed. Another thing that happened was my grandmother who made about 5 gallons of chokecherry wine per year for her own use and her family’s pleasure was now a criminal.

Booze now costs so much that it is not affordable for for many who now have to turn to home made drugs to just get high.

My opinion for what it is worth is that when governments make something legal they do so with the intent of controlling the action for their own use and those who can not get the legal stuff will turn to a source that my not be reliable or safe.

All that said, I wish the few drops of oil I use would not cost as much.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
You may also get some stuff that is simply dangerous. Not all street dealers are stand up guys that care about quality control.
True that!

If you don't know what you are doing, better to go with the government sanctioned grown variety dealers. Would be more convenient as well. Go to Walmart buy some bacon for the munchies then head over to the pharmacy and pick up your subscription.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
You could also just grow your own.
Yes I could! My post was to the poster whose doctor advised going to the street to obtain better quality.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:

That doctor could lose their license for advising a patient to purchase illegal drugs. A doctor that prescribes marijuana would know that you can get medical cannabis as strong as anything you will find on the street from licensed producers. Your friend should talk to a different doctor.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
That’s a very refreshing outlook from a doctor. Tired of the cookie cutter doctors that only want to write you a prescription. It’s only very recently that the Canandian Pharmaceutical companies started disclosing the commissions doctors receive for pushing their products. Now think about that for a minute when you folks listen and heed your doctors advice word for word without doing your own questioning or researching....
Doctors haven't been getting perks from big pharma since at least 2006, but they do get a lot of anti-cannabis information steered towards them and many of them look down on pot. The powers that be don't make it easy for them to find the information and get the training they need to prescribe it. The fact that it doesn't have a drug identification number also plays a part in it. If you want to talk to a doctor about medical marijuana, you should talk to one who specializes in it because the majority of your family physicians won't have a clue. Harvest Medical in Calgary is a good place to find one. YMMV, but if you are fed up with the side effects of some pharmaceuticals you are already on, you might find what you are looking for.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
That doctor could lose their license for advising a patient to purchase illegal drugs. A doctor that prescribes marijuana would know that you can get medical cannabis as strong as anything you will find on the street from licensed producers. Your friend should talk to a different doctor.
All the hysteria that is generated out of a completely natural plant that grows out of the ground really boggles the mind eh?

I applaud all doctors that practice a Naturopathic approach over a Pharmaceutical one. Personally I believe that they both have their place however pharmaceutical medicine(s) kill 10's of thousands of people a year in North America, marijuana does not.

Taking a licence away from a doctor for discussing marijuana is beyond stupid but we all know that pharmaceutical manufactures and their lobbyists do everything in their power to protect their profit margins.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:20 PM

My Dr. won't prescribe medical mary jane, he says he does not know enough about it to prescribe it intelligently. But he is on the band wagon and he happily referred me to the local mary jane clinic for a consult. He would be around 60 to 65 and from talking with him I would guess he is a little jaded to the medical profession, although he has never come out and said it. He has a very progressive outlook to medicine.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-16-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
All the hysteria that is generated out of a completely natural plant that grows out of the ground really boggles the mind eh?
Where else would it come from, the sky?

'the newest iteration of Mars discovered weed is completely benign'

The few people on the forum that stand their ground saying how wonderful non-medical weed is will never win over the people that do not need artificial stimulation to live.

For the 9000th time I have nothing against proven chronic sufferers using oils for paid abatement.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-16-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
For the 9000th time I have nothing against proven chronic sufferers using oils for paid abatement.
Who cares.

Alcohol and pills are far worse and proven.

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
Old 09-16-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddin View Post
Who cares.

Alcohol and pills are far worse and proven.
Thanks

I use neither, so in your own words Who cares.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:

I applaud all doctors that practice a Naturopathic approach over a Pharmaceutical one. Personally I believe that they both have their place however pharmaceutical medicine(s) kill 10's of thousands of people a year in North America, marijuana does not.

Taking a licence away from a doctor for discussing marijuana is beyond stupid but we all know that pharmaceutical manufactures and their lobbyists do everything in their power to protect their profit margins.
They wouldn't lose their license for prescribing marijuana, they would lose their license for advising a patient as a doctor to go seeking illegal drugs from a stranger in the street with an illegal transaction. If you know any doctors of nurses, bounce your story off of them and see what they think.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
My Dr. won't prescribe medical mary jane, he says he does not know enough about it to prescribe it intelligently. But he is on the band wagon and he happily referred me to the local mary jane clinic for a consult. He would be around 60 to 65 and from talking with him I would guess he is a little jaded to the medical profession, although he has never come out and said it. He has a very progressive outlook to medicine.
The medical profession does it's darndest to discourage doctors from doing anything that could help patients but harm profits. Big pharma should be very afraid of a medicine that can be produced in your own home.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
Doctors haven't been getting perks from big pharma since at least 2006, but they do get a lot of anti-cannabis information steered towards them and many of them look down on pot. The powers that be don't make it easy for them to find the information and get the training they need to prescribe it. The fact that it doesn't have a drug identification number also plays a part in it. If you want to talk to a doctor about medical marijuana, you should talk to one who specializes in it because the majority of your family physicians won't have a clue. Harvest Medical in Calgary is a good place to find one. YMMV, but if you are fed up with the side effects of some pharmaceuticals you are already on, you might find what you are looking for.
You are mistaken. Doctors still get payments from Canadian Pharmaceutical companies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pharm...ency-1.4169888
Old 09-16-2018, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Just got back from an outstanding goose shoot. Limited out on specks and topped up with Canadas. Three guys who met through the forum and we had a blast. I unloaded the gear, disassembled and cleaned the new Benelli, and had a hot shower. I have a bad back which was wrecked when I was rear-ended at a crosswalk when I was 24 and weighed 170 lbs. Arthritis set in years ago. 170lbs is a long ways in the rear view mirror which certainly doesn't help. Many days, I can barely hobble, much less feel good. I just took two Robax platinum and washed it down with coffee. I feel higher than a kite and I know it is bad stuff in my guts and veins. Please tell me how this stuff is any better than a plant based treatment. I'm all ears...

On Oct 17th, I will be walking into a store and buying some of the stuff that many, many forum members have reported they found great relief from. I won't need a prescription that may restrict future travel, I won't leave the house after I take it, and I won't feel a twinge guilty that I am doing something wrong either.

I had Percocet, Tramadol, Oxycodone, and Dilaudid in my cupboard this summer for my back and an exceedingly painful episode with a pinched nerve that had me off work for 6 weeks in May - June 2017. I hate that stuff with a passion and got rid of it from my house. Scares the daylights out of me. My doctor warned me I would feel reliant on it and go through withdrawal coming off. He was very much right. I am not worried that some pot extract is going to do the same. I just am not.
I’m glad you to hear you are trying some alternative treatment. My stomach is finally back to normal from all the prescription junk. I use Medreleaf, certainly not cheap but I’m very happy with the whole process.

I find the indica strain Aron Almog is the best for pian relief. Almost 26-% Thc this month. This strain gives me a numbing sensation in the area of injury and truly does kill my pian and fast!

I’m not big on extracts but they do work well. For me, edible extracts take too long to kick in. Usually I’m in pain instantly and want instant relief plus I like being in control of how long the effects last and edibles make me feel much different then I prefer.
A nice well rounded strain for day use I like is called midnight. Its about 7:13 thc/cbd. On days when I need to get er done at home and really hurt I use a sativa called luminarium at close to 26% this month. This strain is very cerebral in effect and doesn’t make me paranoid or give me that racy feeling or high energy effect like other sativas do. You know the pain I speak of, holly man there are some days that make my blood boil it hurts so much. I hope you get some relief.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
You are mistaken. Doctors still get payments from Canadian Pharmaceutical companies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pharm...ency-1.4169888
The reasons listed in the article aren't a commission for prescribing drugs, they pay doctors honorariums, for participating in drug trials, grants for research, etc. People think they get paid extra by the pharmaceutical companies to prescribe certain drugs when that isn't the case, at least it hasn't been the case since 2006.