Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-26-2018, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
How many are being patient and "holding" U.S. heavy cannabis positions, waiting for the winds of change?
I hold EAT, thats about as American as my stocks get.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
https://www.eia.gov/naturalgas/weekly/

I think this is interesting, look at the power plant construction activity and lng activity plus inventory drawdowns in the usa for natural gas. This has got to be one of the most beat up and dead areas of investor confidence in the market and from the looks of it by 2020 or so there will be a time when people might turn a tight corner on nat gas.

Encana used to be a 40$ stock, made money hand over fist, cnrl has huge tracts of gas, arc resources, peyto, tourmaline are beaten down 60-80%.
It's brutal market in Alberta for gas producers for reasons everyone is aware of. The companies mentioned are feeling the pain, the associated liquids that are produced with the gas in the deep basin are what is keeping them hanging in where they are. As oil production comes back on in the states, huge amounts of gas are also produced with the oil. It creates an increasingly ugly scenario in Canada with our gas market so landlocked. I think there is plenty more pain coming for the above companies, probably some consolidation going to happen first as companies struggle to survive this. It will eventually turn around?? hopefully.

The next phase I think that will come is gas production will be treated as a byproduct of condensate production. We will produce the gas, strip out the liquids and re-inject the gas back in the ground. Dry gas production will increasingly be shut in.

Companies that benefit from cheap gas as a feedstock should continue to do well and we should be increasingly be building out some of that in the province.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
I decided to jump on the bandwagon as well last week. I've never traded stocks before but I put some money I could afford to lose in.

I bought some Isodiol (ISOL), Abattis (ATT) and ACB so far.

I like the extraction technology ATT has the rights to.

I think ISOL might be a really good one for CBD sales and seems overlooked right now. I've got a little money left to invest and I might put the rest into this one.

Anybody else like ISOL for long term?

I am also an ISOL fan - both short and long term. I've shorted them with some decent success, but at this point I'm really liking them long term. Up 17% today - and I wouldn't be surprised if the stock flirts with the $10 range by the end of 2019.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
A post earlier today got me thinking. Has anyone bought into the marijuana stock frenzy or any other crazy overvalued stocks? There seems to be a lot of speculative trading and interesting things happening in the market nowadays. I got a real kick out of Marc Cohodes on BNN yesterday concerning the real estate situation in Toronto.

http://www.bnn.ca/video/cohodes-stil...capital~981334

How big of a bubble can be blown? When do you leave the party and take your party favors?
The Pot stocks go up a an unbelievable rate ...just wait until they figure out there is an oversupply that will fill a huge warehouse and watch the prices tank....
Old 01-30-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Meal Farm View Post
I am also an ISOL fan - both short and long term. I've shorted them with some decent success, but at this point I'm really liking them long term. Up 17% today - and I wouldn't be surprised if the stock flirts with the $10 range by the end of 2019.
It sure was nice to see that jump yesterday! I'm feeling ok with my decision to buy more last week at 1.21. In hindsight I should have sold at 1.4 and bought back in today but I'm nervous getting in and out. I'll likely just hold it.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:05 PM
Banned

Just and FYI every market was down today, all of em.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Just and FYI every market was down today, all of em.
Yep all Red for me today.
Even Bitcoin is getting slaughtered again. Might be time to buy into that dead cat bounce soon.... Just biding my time.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky hunter View Post
The Pot stocks go up a an unbelievable rate ...just wait until they figure out there is an oversupply that will fill a huge warehouse and watch the prices tank....
Didn't buy any at 2$ a share eh?
Old 01-30-2018, 06:15 PM

There will be many more red and green days going forward, leading up to and after the actual federal legalization date. There will be stock manipulation, mergers and acquisitions, legal hurdles etc. Then you have to also factor in what the lawmakers decide to do south of the border going forward. A real roller coaster for sure, but there will be many fortunes made/lost just like any other segment of the market. I'll try to be as well informed and patient as possible, that coupled with how much I am willing to risk will decide the outcome for me.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:39 PM

Could be just the start of a rough ride for most stocks here. We are into extreme tightening mode in the US starting in October and its going to continue to ramp up till next October unless they break something. The bubble stuff could really get killed here, or maybe not? Gonna be interesting. Been a long, long time since a correction, things are expensive, yields are moving up, phone lines to the banks are overloaded with retail investors buying heavy...etc.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:25 PM

Anyone holding GLH? I'm hoping it might break out later this year, or early next year.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Anyone holding GLH? I'm hoping it might break out later this year, or early next year.
I am
Old 02-02-2018, 10:21 AM

So ladies, what you gonna say today? Pot stocks are down for the third day loosing approximately 10% every day. Is it the beginning of the major correction? Who is still holding?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:26 AM

still holding on my end. Seeing enough up and down during the days to do some day trading and make up some difference. Will buy some more at some point to hold and bring my average down.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
So ladies, what you gonna say today? Pot stocks are down for the third day loosing approximately 10% every day. Is it the beginning of the major correction? Who is still holding?
Still holding and I'm gonna say this is panic selling from weak hands that got in after New years after everyone at the dinner table thought they could become rich over night.

Source: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ticle37831070/

No way that this is the end of pot stock profit.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:43 PM

the entire market is down , dow is -600 right now , and the mj stock volatility are on a bungee cord .
Old 02-02-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I'm still holding. Isodiol is the bright spot in my investments right now. ACB and ATT are way down but I think they will climb back up.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:29 PM

Dow was down 670 points today. The sell off was not isolated to the Marijuana sector alone. I'm holding all my positions. One thing investing over 25 years has taught me is to NOT follow people off the cliff.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:41 PM

Agreed on a long term investment strategy. Today all markets went down- true! So why is the sell-off? The earnings that were coming out were all good! Is this a big correction that everyone was talking about? Or just a short profit taking?
Old 02-03-2018, 12:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Agreed on a long term investment strategy. Today all markets went down- true! So why is the sell-off? The earnings that were coming out were all good! Is this a big correction that everyone was talking about? Or just a short profit taking?
I think it may be a correction. Seems like everything was going too good. Lots of companies overvalued. I think it isn't something terrible to worry about. What goes down must come up.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
It sure could be the start of one. I am betting that it is, short term anyway, lots of factors and indicators are pointing to that possibility that I could go into, just one of them being the classic mania into pot stocks and bitcoin.

The trigger was the move in the bond market. The U.S. ten year has been climbing from 2.15 in September to 2.6 range and then it spiked up at the end of the week to 2.85%. It makes stocks less attractive, screws with what smart money is willing to pay for equities.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:06 AM

Default investing in pot...at least be smart about it

https://viiicapital.frontline.ca/Rep...9mDdJfsw%3D%3D

This is a great review of that space.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-05-2018, 08:32 AM
Banned

Here's hoping you guys didn't have weak hands and sell.... market's improving today.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:41 PM

I know there are a lot of sports fans on here. Have you heard of Fandom sports Media Corp? FDM.CN

I really like the idea behind this app, and I know that sporting debates in the States are huge, the app still looks to be a work in progress but I believe this stock could jump once it gains some more notice. Currently 16cents per share.

Thoughts?

Last edited by bigbuck; 02-05-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Here's hoping you guys didn't have weak hands and sell.... market's improving today.
dow drop 1500 today..... lots of weak hands lol
Old 02-05-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
I know there are a lot of sports fans on here. Have you heard of Fandom sports Media Corp? FDM.CN

I really like the idea behind this app, and I know that sporting debates in the States are huge, the app still looks to be a work in progress but I believe this stock could jump once it gains some more notice. Currently 16cents per share.

Thoughts?
I was in FDM for a bit, sold out.

James Duthie from tsn is a big investor, I believe he advertises the app on his podcast

CEO is Henri Holm from Angry Birds

I believe they intend to allow sports betting with crypto currency within the app

Android app will be released shortly.

16 cents seems like a good entry if not only for a short term trade
Old 05-15-2018, 10:39 PM

Bump
Old 05-15-2018, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
Bump
Made a mistake sold 50,000 shares of Neovsasc at .375 and on Monday it shot up to .42! That is ok, I bought at .315 so no loss but could have made more
Old 08-27-2018, 08:08 AM

Canopy Growth 61.20 this AM. My God did I sell to soon.

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-27-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloszz View Post
Made a mistake sold 50,000 shares of Neovsasc at .375 and on Monday it shot up to .42! That is ok, I bought at .315 so no loss but could have made more
You made two mistakes, once you sell, you're not suppost to check it again....