Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-13-2008, 10:51 PM

Default pse firestorm lite.

do any of you guys use a pse firestorm lite? i am considering buying one and just wondered if any of you have one and how you like it.
my 1986 pse game sport needs retireing and since it weighs about 9 lbs i could use a break. it has served me well, since 86 i have taken:
six mulies
five whities
four moose
one antelope
eight elk
i think it has earned it's place on the wall.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:53 PM

Default pse firestorm lite

My wife bought me one off of ebay, and I must say it is an excellant bow, It only weighs 3.3 ponds,85% let off and is very easy to shoot, my grouping is smaller with this bow, I love it, total price of package with delivery was 465,buy one and enjoy
Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 PM

thanks 6t, being such a light bow how would it handle aluminum comp arrows? i don't like the idea of carbon, i believe an arrow needs a little size to give it some punch. the carbons seem a little dainty for my kind of hunting.

the idea of an extremely light bow with a generous let off appeals to me, as i get older the old body doesn't want to co-operate any more. i am suffering from
artheritis in my right shoulder and a bulged disc in my neck. i feel there a few seasons left in me and i plan on elk # 11 this september.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:10 AM

Default firestorm

I know how you feel, getting old sucks, as for using aluminum I don't know, Had a good friend take his moose last year with a 50# fred bear bow and used carbon arrows and muzzy broadheads and had a complete pass through at approx 30 yrds. It was through both lungs
Old 03-15-2008, 12:42 AM

if your suffering from arthritis you might want to give on of the dimaond by bow tech serise at try the are extremly smooth pull easy on your body and real easy to hold