Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-19-2023, 04:19 PM

Default 27” barrel .22 Winchester

I inherited this gun from my Dad, who bought it new sometime in his younger days. It’s a Model 67, but I can’t find a serial number on it. Anybody happen to know what era this comes from?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2038.jpg (14.6 KB, 79 views)
Old 05-20-2023, 10:57 AM

Default Maybe this will help?

Winchester did not serialize the Model 67/67A, so it is not possible to determine an exact date of manufacture.

That stated, if the barrel is marked "67" versus "67A", it was manufactured sometime between April of 1934 and December of 1937. If the for-end stock has an elongated finger grooves, it was manufactured prior to May of 1935.

If it is a "67A", the date of manufacture is sometime between January 1938 - December 1963.

Bert H.

https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/what-...t-7832326.html

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 05-20-2023, 11:31 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you so much for that info. All I was able to find was a bunch of pics of what my gun looks like. And that Winchester made the model 67 between 1931-1964, or something like that. So, based on what you’ve found, this gun is more likely from the 30’s. My Dad was born in ‘25 so this was more likely his Dads gun before it became his. Really cool info….

It’s definitely a model 67, and it has the long inlets on the fore-end.

I was sitting on a beaver dam the other day with it, I had it cocked and ready to shoot but the beavers weren’t coming up. I moved to reposition myself to get more comfy and the bolt caught on something causing it to open, and the thing fired! Fortunately it was a few inches from my foot and not on my foot. Scary lesson learned.
Old 05-23-2023, 01:28 PM

It has the grooves, so it's 1934-early 1935. Those 67's and the peep site 68's are very accurate. Just use the standard velocity ammo to be on the safe side.