Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Nahhhhhh, it doesn't really matter who wins. If it doesn't work out, in a few years vote them out. People get so worked up over this stuff. The running of the Province is behind the throne and they will make sure stuff runs ok. In the morning, you wake up and have your coffee. The garbage still gets picked up, kids still go to school, etc., etc.

It is not life and death. I remember speaking to an immigrant who LOVES Canada compared to where he came from. He says the rest of us, who have never lived elsewhere, are bored and just make up stuff to complain about. People die in his country and they have nothing. He is right. This is a damned good place to live when you simply take a 360 view of the World. We are going to be ok.

And this is the problem. Most people don’t understand that freedom can be lost very easily to those who want to control us.

Ronald Reagan said it best “Freedom is never more then one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. The only way they can inherit the freedom we have known is if we fight for it, protect it, defend it, and then hand it to them with the well fought lessons of how they in their lifetime must do the same. And if you and I don’t do this, then you and I may well spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it once was like in America when men were free.”

Indifference to politics will lead to the death of freedom and becoming a slave to the state.

Edit: One more quote because I love Reagan. God knows we need a leader like this now more than ever.

“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. From time to time we’ve been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self-rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. Well, if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else?“
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill

Last edited by raab; 05-06-2023 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:16 PM

She is not worthy of leading this Province. UCP screwed up when they picked her over Toews.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
She is not worthy of leading this Province. UCP screwed up when they picked her over Toews.
Now your acting like a pouty kid. Your one vote could determine whether a UCP Candidate or a dipper wins the riding.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Oh and tell me the difference between Toews, Kenney, and Notley? If Toews had won the UCP might as well have kept Kenney. The fact is Kenney alienated a large percentage of the UCP base. Danielle has made it a big tent party again where all conservatives feel welcomed and their opinion valued.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-06-2023, 02:48 PM

This election is a choice between economic ruin by Ottawa and erosion of democracy by a leader who does not respect the rule of law. The outcome is grim either way.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
This election is a choice between economic ruin by Ottawa and erosion of democracy by a leader who does not respect the rule of law. The outcome is grim either way.
Please explain to me who respects the Rule of Law? Because it surely isn’t Notley.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Oh and tell me the difference between Toews, Kenney, and Notley? If Toews had won the UCP might as well have kept Kenney. The fact is Kenney alienated a large percentage of the UCP base. Danielle has made it a big tent party again where all conservatives feel welcomed and their opinion valued.
At this point in time anything but NDP, not happy with Kenney vilifying Albertans that did not get a Covid Shot, still very p-##+d at UPC for all the trouble and on going persecution of Pastors and Convoy Truckers. Lots of UPC MLA,s still have their jobs. Not happy with any politicians but I will Pinch My nose and vote for the UPC Stinkers just to keep NDP out.
Old 05-06-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
At this point in time anything but NDP, not happy with Kenney vilifying Albertans that did not get a Covid Shot, still very p-##+d at UPC for all the trouble and on going persecution of Pastors and Convoy Truckers. Lots of UPC MLA,s still have their jobs. Not happy with any politicians but I will Pinch My nose and vote for the UPC Stinkers just to keep NDP out.
You and me both. While I don’t agree 100% with all the UCP policies or the stance of some of the politicians. The fact is they’re the best we have at this time.
Old 05-06-2023, 03:00 PM

My wife and I moved back to our place in the Peace due to overzealous covid policies in the Yukon. The UCP government was a large factor in providing the proper climate for our return, and I don't intend to let that slip away anytime soon!
Old 05-06-2023, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
When we wake up the next morning after we vote , the only thing we know is who will be the next new millionaire !
Our taxes will go up as normal .
Fuel will go up at the pumps as normal .
That is a fact !
Like the old saying you can't get away from Death and Taxes .
If we can at least get some of our health care back that we had before the Conservatives came in .We will see something for our taxes .
Then Life will go on as normal.
Do not vote for who we had last .

If you really want to see more changes other than that , don't be looking for anyone you voted for . Get off your ass and go work over time .
Ironic that you’re upset about losing your three free visits. Maybe you should work more overtime?
Old 05-06-2023, 03:12 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Nahhhhhh, it doesn't really matter who wins. If it doesn't work out, in a few years vote them out. People get so worked up over this stuff. The running of the Province is behind the throne and they will make sure stuff runs ok. In the morning, you wake up and have your coffee. The garbage still gets picked up, kids still go to school, etc., etc.

It is not life and death. I remember speaking to an immigrant who LOVES Canada compared to where he came from. He says the rest of us, who have never lived elsewhere, are bored and just make up stuff to complain about. People die in his country and they have nothing. He is right. This is a damned good place to live when you simply take a 360 view of the World. We are going to be ok.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-06-2023, 03:39 PM

You either vote for Alberta oil and gas, or for the party whose leaders protested our oil industry.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Exactly!

How do you think those countries got to the state they are in.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:

While you do have the option to vote out a poor government, it isn't so easy to undo the damage that was done over four years. Investors that were driven away, aren't easy to attract back, once they are gone. Industries that are beaten down, aren't always easy to build back up.
As for comparing Canada/Alberta to crap hole countries, and feeling good, we should compare Canada/Alberta to what they used to be, and what they can be again. Just because we are better than a third world country, doesn't mean that our standard of living hasn't slipped a lot, and couldn't be a lot better, than it is.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
While you do have the option to vote out a poor government, it isn't so easy to undo the damage that was done over four years. Investors that were driven away, aren't easy to attract back, once they are gone. Industries that are beaten down, aren't always easy to build back up.
As for comparing Canada/Alberta to crap hole countries, and feeling good, we should compare Canada/Alberta to what they used to be, and what they can be again. Just because we are better than a third world country, doesn't mean that our standard of living hasn't slipped a lot, and couldn't be a lot better, than it is.
Agree

Being better than somewhere that sucks doesn’t make things better
Old 05-06-2023, 04:40 PM

Quote:
When we wake up the next morning after we vote , the only thing we know is who will be the next new millionaire !
That is a fact !
If we can at least get some of our health care back that we had before the Conservatives came in .We will see something for our taxes .

If you really want to see more changes other than that , don't be looking for anyone you voted for . Get off your ass and go work over time .
I am sure the NDP will appreciate your vote. I am she will be on board with the Turds gun confiscation as well.
Old 05-06-2023, 05:07 PM
Banned

I worry for my kids and grandkids if the dippers win at the end of this month and the turd wins the next election.
We will have lived in the best times, and they will see the worst. One thing about the grandchildren is they won’t know how good it was.
Old 05-06-2023, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Meal Farm View Post
My wife and I moved back to our place in the Peace due to overzealous covid policies in the Yukon. The UCP government was a large factor in providing the proper climate for our return, and I don't intend to let that slip away anytime soon!
Yep, Alberta did as little as possible for restrictions. Quebec had curfews because the virus only transmitted at night. Manitoba wouldn't let you buy non essential goods, TV, other similar things.

I don't necessarily agree with all that happened in Alberta but we had less BS around covid restrictions than other provinces.

I'll take UCP any day despite there screw ups over certain things. NDP in power would have been a nightmare during covid.

NDP will not help make the province better. They don't stand up for us. Already showed us that when equalization payments were up for renew when in power. They went along with liberals on it. They messed up electricity rates with shutting down power plants with no plan. Insurance rates, insurance companies warned them that capping rates would only make larger increases once they came off( convenient that happens after they were out of government). Want to shut down the eastern slopes, which was primarily to shut down oil and gas further development.

Maybe I'm just an embarrassing cousin ranting.
Old 05-06-2023, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
I sure hope you’re right.
Most people understand that a vote for the dippers is a direct vote for trudolt. Alberta is Conservative. Period.
Old 05-06-2023, 08:53 PM

ANY vote for any other party then the UCP is a vote for Turd'o. NEVER forget that.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Ironic that you’re upset about losing your three free visits. Maybe you should work more overtime?
There will always be those that want free stuff. Keeps the orange and red relevant I guess
Old 05-06-2023, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Truth ... many agree ... NDP for the win ...
Old 05-06-2023, 09:58 PM

Default Pure logic.

Quote:
That is a fact !

It will be awful slim on overtime when the NDP crashes our economy again.
You’ll be paying more taxes with less income.
Good Luck.
Glad I saved for this rainy day that’s coming.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron anderson View Post
Truth ... many agree ... NDP for the win ...
If the NDP wins the election, Alberta loses.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Exactly!

not surprised...now is the time to make a stand for what alberta is all about, you are either in or out. Liberal or conservative if you are a 3rd or 4th generation oil patch worker that gave up your whole life to feed your family and basically support the whole country at times, worked till your knees buckled and wore holes in your boots then this "its okay either way" attitude don't fly. If you held a government job your whole life and got a pension for mopping floors in the army then you will never understand what this means to real alberta men. I'm not being rude, if you are an albertan in the true sense of the word then this election is situation critical. You go float around in your kayak on a taxpayer pension while the rest of us shoot for the stars to leave a legacy to justify the scars and sacrifices we have made to build this province, our personal wealth and a future for our children.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I walked into the Physiotherapy last month to find out that we do not get 3 free visits anymore threw health care .....Thanks You Danielle smith ( United Conservatives )
It’s people like you who put stress on the health care system! True dipper want everything for nothing. If the NDP get in you have fewer doctors, more parks, fewer hunting excursions, no firearms, and higher taxes.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
People are easily bought

One of these politicians will make an offer and that will be it.
Buddy suggested elections should be an auction, highest bidder wins.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-06-2023, 11:32 PM

Lots of opinions here but not much content.

How about we compare the actual platforms between our two girls so folks here can make an educated decision?

Blindly standing behind one party or another based on perceived ideologies isn't really an educated choice.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittman View Post
Lots of opinions here but not much content.

How about we compare the actual platforms between our two girls so folks here can make an educated decision?

Blindly standing behind one party or another based on perceived ideologies isn't really an educated choice.
Ok let’s start with gun control and carbon tax!
Old 05-06-2023, 11:45 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
not surprised...now is the time to make a stand for what alberta is all about, you are either in or out. Liberal or conservative if you are a 3rd or 4th generation oil patch worker that gave up your whole life to feed your family and basically support the whole country at times, worked till your knees buckled and wore holes in your boots then this "its okay either way" attitude don't fly. If you held a government job your whole life and got a pension for mopping floors in the army then you will never understand what this means to real alberta men. I'm not being rude, if you are an albertan in the true sense of the word then this election is situation critical. You go float around in your kayak on a taxpayer pension while the rest of us shoot for the stars to leave a legacy to justify the scars and sacrifices we have made to build this province, our personal wealth and a future for our children.

You shoot for the stars, hope the best for you and yours.

Politics and religion sure gets people all fired up.

Now I gotta get back to that dam dirty floor and float around a lake or two.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Closed Thread