Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-09-2023, 08:46 AM

Default Favorite gen of bowtech bows

What generation of Bowtech was everyone's favorite. I just picked up a 2021 Solution after enjoying Elite for 6 years. Forgot how much I loved bowtech. Always regretted getting rid of the Prodigy... and the Assassin.

I really liked the CPX bows. I think they had it right then.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:00 AM

I'm still shooting my Invasion I think I got it 2011 or 2012. I don't think there is a compelling reason to upgrade to any of the new offerings.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:09 AM

Invasion was WAY ahead of its time. I honestly compare my other hunting bows to that. The Reign 7 and Solution are awesome hunting bows and I have shot my largest elk and white tail with a Reckoning 35. The tunability of the new deadlock cam is really unmatched.

LC
Old 02-09-2023, 12:02 PM

I always wanted to shoot an assasin and really wish I could get my invasion back.

I have been shooting a diamond carbon deploy for a few years now and it has been a nice bow to shoot as well.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
I always wanted to shoot an assasin and really wish I could get my invasion back.

I have been shooting a diamond carbon deploy for a few years now and it has been a nice bow to shoot as well.
I made the same mistake. Want my Invasion back too.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:30 PM

Default Haven’t looked at a new bow for years.

I still shoot a Destroyer 350 I may have to upgrade in ten years or so but it’s been a very reliable bow over the years. Has never let me down.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:41 PM

I will be honest, my RevoltXL has been the best bow i've ever owned. It is so smooth and carries it speed well.

I am over the moon excited for my SS34 to show up. From reading the reviews, it will be my new favorite.

Anything with the Deadlock cam system is amazing. Especially for broadhead tuning.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:26 PM

Funny this topic came up. I have been shooting my Invasion since 2011 as well and just recently thought of upgrading. Shot some new bowtechs last week. Although they have very smooth draw cycles and better tunability, my invasion still feels like a good shooter for me.

Going to shoot them again and more than likely buy one, but I cant see my invasion going anywhere. the specs on the invasion are pretty great for a bow that's 12 years old.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:46 PM

Yeah I love my new 2021 solution but that draw cycle on the prodigy i had is etched in my memory forever! Funny how personal a bow is like that. You know right away when you let a good one go.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:09 PM

I don't have a lot of experience only having owned a Reign 6, but so far so good.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:48 PM

Yeah the Reign 6 would have been my choice over a prodigy. Never got to try one. Maybe a good used one will come up someday and I'd snag that up.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:58 PM

I only have two points of reference with Bowtech; my Fuel (which is basically a Diamond Infinite Edge with Binary cams), which I started archery with in 2014 and my current SS34. Needless to say, I love my SS34 so far, it's comfortable and just so easy to tune.

For reference, the other bow I own is an APA Mamba Air, which I liked well enough prior to the most recent reccurrence of a shoulder injury, which I've been dealing with on and off again since childhood. The APA just has too harsh a draw cycle, at full draw weight, for me at this stage and I'm no longer chasing speed. And while I was capable of yoke tuning it with either the cam lock or my bow press, now that I have a deadlock equipped bow, it's hard to imagine going back to twisting cables.

I lived in rural Saskatchewan for nearly six years and being so far away from a pro shop, ease of tuning quickly became a priority for me.

While not specific to Bowtech, I paired my new bow with the Hamskea Epsilon and I like how easy it is to time and that I can attach it to the bottom limb, giving me clearance for a conventional side quiver.
Old 02-10-2023, 04:14 PM

Yeah the ss 34 was on my short list this year but north pro sports in Saskatoon was blowing out the solution. It was a 6 In ch brace height and my dl is only a 26.5 so that was the deciding factor for me. The solution line is very good and I love the adjustability and the ability to lock the limb pockets at 65 lbs. That way it shoots solid and efficiently like a maxed out bow!
Old 02-10-2023, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop View Post
Yeah the ss 34 was on my short list this year but north pro sports in Saskatoon was blowing out the solution. It was a 6 In ch brace height and my dl is only a 26.5 so that was the deciding factor for me. The solution line is very good and I love the adjustability and the ability to lock the limb pockets at 65 lbs. That way it shoots solid and efficiently like a maxed out bow!
I only have a 26" draw length; my SS34 modules are set to the absolute lowest, but I still really enjoy it. I shot it alongside an outgoing CP28, which may have actually fit me a little better; didn't hate it, didn't love it. But when I shot the SS34 immediately after, *chef's kiss*

I even became impatient waiting for Jim Bows to restock solid coloured, 70lbs, right hand SS34s, so last weekend I "settled" for a camo one that they had in stock. I've put about 400 arrows through it in the last 6 days.
Old 02-10-2023, 06:05 PM

You won't be disappointed with that 34 hunting out in the prairies. Great spot and stalk bow I'm sure the specs put it right in that wheelhouse. The cp28 I'm sure is great but its such a short bow! I have owned two 30 inch ata bows and I dont like them even with my short draw. I gravitate towards the 32 ata bows most of the time.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:24 AM

I'm still shooting an Equalizer that I bought back in '06 or '07. The main reason I'd upgrade is that I think it's set at around a 45 or 50lb draw weight and I'd like to take a crack at bear hunting with it sometime so I probably want a heavier draw.
Old 02-11-2023, 12:02 PM

Many fond memories of my Bowteck Tomkat still.

Creeky....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 02-11-2023, 12:45 PM

Default bowtech

my mighty mite and tomkat
Old 02-12-2023, 07:29 PM

I just picked up an Assassin in decent shape off a nice guy from the Okotoks. Tell
me what to expect. I’m excited about it.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
Many fond memories of my Bowteck Tomkat still.

Creeky....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortgrub View Post
my mighty mite and tomkat
Still shoot mine once in a while
Old 02-12-2023, 09:12 PM

Default Favorite gen of bowtech bows

I’m still shooting a Guardian. I’’d really like to upgrade to something more current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2023, 07:50 PM

The assassin is a smooth drawing hard hitter. Very nice and maneuverable. Its weird because its a decent sized bow but the profile of it is bang on. My wife owns the heartbreaker I got it for her a couple years back. Every time I pick it up it remi ds me of the assassin I had. Yet another Bowtech I wish I never gave up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alder View Post
I just picked up an Assassin in decent shape off a nice guy from the Okotoks. Tell
me what to expect. I’m excited about it.