Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2023, 11:38 AM

It was a great outcome for a great province. Isn't it time for the leader of the opposition to call it quits? I realize ignorance is bliss but she should just go home, sit in the dark and quietly consume her bud light....
Old 05-30-2023, 12:09 PM

When the woke crowd gets in the come after us. They go after our guns ,take away our freedoms and money. They destroy our industry and businesses and give their supporters everything the can.
But when we win its like at least we will be left alone for four years.
It would be so nice if these woke experts got what is coming to them.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:06 PM

There is people in Alberta that want to separate from one of the best countries in the world. That would be a disaster.
The province of Alberta has to cooperate with Ottawa either through t compromises or trade or how ever that should work. That is just the way it is it is all part of being a country. Danny Turn Coat is elected hopefully she does a good Job of unifying alberta with Canada.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
There is people in Alberta that want to separate from one of the best countries in the world. That would be a disaster.
The province of Alberta has to cooperate with Ottawa either through t compromises or trade or how ever that should work. That is just the way it is it is all part of being a country. Danny Turn Coat is elected hopefully she does a good Job of unifying alberta with Canada.
Unless you are Quebec. Spoken like a true dipper. It's people like you that are content with Alberta being taken advantage by Ottawa. The status quo may be fine with you.....
Old 05-30-2023, 05:35 PM

Quote:
That would only be a disaster for the the rest of canada.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
That would only be a disaster for the the rest of canada.
Like it or not the oil and gas industry is loosing ground. If alberta does not deversify or use resources to its full potential one day we will be asking for the hand out.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I'm in Edmonton. Lived here my whole life. Well versed in all my city's shortcomings, yet it's home. If I didn't have my youngest starting NAIT in the fall, I'd try to move. I'd love a small town school. Wife is from a real small town. She won't go.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
There's a lot of bigger "small towns" in Central Alberta that have great teachers with conservative values. Olds, Innisfail, Lacombe, Ponoka, Sylvan Lake, Stettler to name a few. Depending what your son's taking at NAIT he could also probably transfer to Red Deer Polytechnic.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-30-2023, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Like it or not the oil and gas industry is loosing ground. If alberta does not deversify or use resources to its full potential one day we will be asking for the hand out.
I don't know if you've noticed but Alberta has been diversifying under the UCP.

Amazon headquarters, Dehaviland Manufacturing Plant, strong Film industry. If we continue doing what we're doing our economy will naturally diversify.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-30-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Projections are, that the demand for oil won't peak until at least 2050. Then it will stabilize, and then start to decrease. So oil won't be going away anytime soon.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Doesn't seem to be a disaster for Quebec.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:12 PM

Quote:
We all want a cleaner planet but most of us recognize reality and what it takes to realistically get there. Sigh........
Old 05-30-2023, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Projections are, that the demand for oil won't peak until at least 2050. Then it will stabilize, and then start to decrease. So oil won't be going away anytime soon.
You can find any answer you want to find on the internet if you look for it.
Eventually green power will start to impact the oil industry. Have to think of the future of the province 30 years by your info isn’t that far away.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Eventually green power will start to impact the oil industry. Have to think of the future of the province 30 years by your info isn’t that far away.
You’re in for a rough 4 years…
Old 05-30-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
The key word being "eventually". Anyone that has a clue about the generation and transmission of electricity, knows that the electric vehicle transition can't possibly occur in the time frame that idiots like Trudeau and Biden want, yet there are still plenty of fools that believe what those idiots are telling them. And it will be a long time before we have electric aircraft to replace the jet traffic across the oceans every day, or electric cargo ships to replace the super sized cargo ships bringing goods across the ocean from China. And we still need a way to recycle all of the batteries, and we don't have a practical cost effective method to do that yet.
Old 05-30-2023, 07:27 PM

Gas and oil isn't going anywhere quick, it will take decades for the transition and it will never be a complete transition. As technology improves so will the efficiency and cleanliness of petroleum products. We will find out in the future that electric everything is not near as clean as they forecast and that good old reliable gas and oil in a great many applications is 'greener'.
Old 05-30-2023, 08:56 PM

I am not sure what the some of the far left in Alberta are smoking these days but fossil fuel is not going away for along time. If your house and your electric car is not a zero emission grid then please do us all a favor and stfu please....
Old 05-30-2023, 10:31 PM

Quote:
I’m not sure what industry we could diversify into. We can’t get enough workers now at $40/hr so it would have to be a very profitable industry to complete with the patch.

Gerry Burnie
Old 05-31-2023, 04:10 AM

Passed through Jasper on my way home a couple weeks ago. Very disappointing to see so many orange signs in yards and on fences, buildings etc. Guess I won't be stopping there any more on my way to/from work. I'm not going to knowingly support a dipper held town.
Old 05-31-2023, 05:26 AM

I know the exit I'm taking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5619.jpg (18.6 KB, 101 views)
Old 05-31-2023, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_NK28 View Post
Passed through Jasper on my way home a couple weeks ago. Very disappointing to see so many orange signs in yards and on fences, buildings etc. Guess I won't be stopping there any more on my way to/from work. I'm not going to knowingly support a dipper held town.
Should there be a wall around Redmonton? Use the Henday as a base for the wall?
Old 05-31-2023, 10:27 AM

The henday is too uneven to be a stable base
Old 06-01-2023, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Should there be a wall around Redmonton? Use the Henday as a base for the wall?
They spray for mosquitoes in some cities like Winnipeg. Maybe a spray could be developed for dippers. Test it in Ottawa first.