Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-02-2008, 02:31 PM
barry01

Default Bullet Compensating Scopes

I was wondering if anybody uses these "Bullet Compensating Scopes," and if they actually work well. I am looking to get a new scope for my .17HMR and I noticed there are a few companies(ie bushnell) with compensating scopes for this Calibre. Does anybody have experince with them. Or would I be better off going with a Leupold VXII 4-12 or 6-18 with a mildot or something.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 02:45 PM
stubblejumper

Bullet compensating scopes can work quite well,providing that your load produces the same velocity,and the bullet has the same BC as the one used to calibrate the scope.You must also know the distance to the target,and the most accurate way to know this is with a laser rangefinder.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:35 PM

when i picked up my 17hmr i got a sweet 17 bsa scope sited it in at 200yards turn the dial to 100 yards and it shoots 1/4high- 150 yards bang on- 250 yards 1/4 inch low 300 yards 3/4inch low.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:43 PM

Barry, I have a Nikon Monarch 3-12X42 with the BDC reticle on it's way to me right now. I hope to have it by next wekend. I'll let you know hw it work out for me, or if you want, we can head to the range and you can try it yourself.

Dave