Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

Default anyone in the calgary area with an Anschutz rimfire?

is there anyone in the calgary area with a Anschutz rimfire rifle that i could have a look at? something like the 1416 or 1712...

im planning on buying one, but would like a look at one in the flesh to see what i would be paying for!

any help appreciated.
thanks
Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM

Suggest you attend a silhouette rifle match, you'll see plenty of different Anschutz rifles there, folk are friendly so you can ask to take a few shots with their rigs.

Here's the link to the Alberta Metallic Silhouette Association website. The info is not up to date, but there is an email link that prolly works.http://www.abshooters.org/amsa.htm.

Last edited by twofifty; 02-27-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
Suggest you attend a silhouette rifle match, you'll see plenty of different Anschutz rifles there, folk are friendly so you can ask to take a few shots with their rigs.

Here's the link to the Alberta Metallic Silhouette Association website. The info is not up to date, but there is an email link that prolly works.http://www.abshooters.org/amsa.htm.
thanks for that, ill check it out.

i dont really mind about not shooting one, just to see how the quality compares to my imagined level of them (based on owning other quality european guns in the past) as i will have to buy it by post. so would be nice to see if the model i think i want is the one to go for...
Old 02-27-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post
thanks for that, ill check it out.

i dont really mind about not shooting one, just to see how the quality compares to my imagined level of them (based on owning other quality european guns in the past) as i will have to buy it by post. so would be nice to see if the model i think i want is the one to go for...
Be rest assured that if it is an Anschutz, the quality is top shelf as far as the rifle goes.
condition may be another matter, but I have owned , sold and shot hundreds of them and never seen a dog yet - even the entry level ones!
Cat
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Be rest assured that if it is an Anschutz, the quality is top shelf as far as the rifle goes.
condition may be another matter, but I have owned , sold and shot hundreds of them and never seen a dog yet - even the entry level ones!
Cat
well thats my dilemma. i know it will be better than a CZ say, but i dont really know how far to go in terms of price..
i was going to buy a CZ 452 American, but now i think ill just bite the bullet and get the Anschutz. but as they are bound to be good i dont know how far to go..
id like a light (ish) weight sporter. like the 1416 hb classic, but if im going to pay more than the CZ then id like to get a two stage trigger. (as thats what i used to shoot with air rifles in the UK) which makes me think the 1712 monte carlo might be a better choice.

whichever i buy it will be brand new from www.targetshootingproducts.com in ont...