Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
I lolled when I re read this Kipper has been lit up for 9 goals in 2 games for a stellar 4.50 gaa.
6 goals in one period sure looks good on Dubnyk
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadyaz View Post
6 goals in one period sure looks good on Dubnyk
LOL. It really is funny. Where are there two lines of first round picks?? Haha.

In all serious and bsing aside, I will have concern about the Oilers when they get a Goalie, if they can get a Goalie they have a real chance at a 80's type scenario. I don't mean a flash in the pan Dwayne Roloson of JS gigure situation, but if they could land a young Kiprusoff goalie, they would almost certainly become a dynasty.

But because Edmonton doesn't have a goalie and probably won't draft one, I have zero concerns, they suck! LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post

In all serious and bsing aside, I will have concern about the Oilers when they get a Goalie, if they can get a Goalie they have a real chance at a 80's type scenario. I don't mean a flash in the pan Dwayne Roloson of JS gigure situation, but if they could land a young Kiprusoff goalie, they would almost certainly become a dynasty.

But because Edmonton doesn't have a goalie and probably won't draft one, I have zero concerns, they suck! LOL
So you are implying Calgary has a lousy team because they have Kipper and Calgary has won exactly nothing with him in net!

Kipper the goalie who gave the Finnish Olympic team the ultimatum in 2010. Look where that got them. Think US was up by 4 before the first line change! LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
So you are implying Calgary has a lousy team because they have Kipper and Calgary has won exactly nothing with him in net!

Kipper the goalie who gave the Finnish Olympic team the ultimatum in 2010. Look where that got them. Think US was up by 4 before the first line change! LOL
If in your mind, you honestly think Kiprusoff is not one of the best goalies in the league then you don't really know what your talking about.

Crappy teams can win Championships with a great goalie, great teams can't win championships with out a goalie.

As for the Olympics, look at Nagano back in 98', we had the greatest Goalie to ever play in net and Wayne Gretzky up front, and we won nothing. So what's your point?

Kiprusoff has consistently been at the top in games played and has been stellar every year, NHL experts even say it, He is an amazing goalie.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:

Coliers are a long ways from being a dynasty, Hall aint no gretzky and there is nobody close to being a Messier...lots of razzle/dazzle though, fun to watch, some of the (so called) experts had them finishing 3rd overall this season, ain't happening.....
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Coliers are a long ways from being a dynasty, Hall aint no gretzky and there is nobody close to being a Messier...lots of razzle/dazzle though, fun to watch, some of the (so called) experts had them finishing 3rd overall this season, ain't happening.....
Nope I figure anywhere from 10-8th in the west
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
You trollin'?

You guys don't have a Goalie, I'd say 13th or so
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 PM

Talking

Quote:
You trollin'?

You guys don't have a Goalie, I'd say 13th or so

My team has won a game ......
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Once them young fellers get it figured out goaltending will be less of an issue, I think they will make it in..