Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-13-2003, 11:09 AM
hole in ground

Default hole in ground

I know this is not in your leauge but I sure would appreciate some help in this area . I have this critter in my garden that is destroying my wifes spring labor.There is some sort of beast that is cutting down most of my garden.The hole seems to small for a gopher and even after flooding the hole whatever it is won't come out.I had thought that maybe it was gone but one more hole this morning. Any help would be appreciated
Old 08-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Rob

A mole perhaps?
Old 09-08-2003, 12:19 PM
beasty with a small holey

Default beasty with a small holey

I just moved this summer to an acerage that has the same problem (very small holes with no mound of dirt) hey rob if there was mounds of dirt all over with no visible hole that would be a mole(pocket gopher) i am going to try a mole trap and maybe a mouse trap. ill let you know how that works out.maybe i ll get a look at one of these things and figure out what it is.:rollin
Old 12-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Anhydrous Amonia....

Default Anhydrous Amonia....

They make a gizmo for shooting anhydrous amonia down the hole. Amonia looks after anything down there.

It looks like a long rod, on a propane type tank full of amonia.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:45 PM
alcesalces4

I there are'nt suppose to be any moles in alberta. The pocket gopher is what most people call a mole because it looks and acts like one.