Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-10-2014, 09:01 AM

Default Trad archery lessons

As the title says, I'm just starting to get into traditional archery, and I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a place in Calgary where my wife and I can get some lessons for traditional archery. I'm not really interested in compound bows at all, so somebody who specializes in trad archery would be best. Just looking to get some basic pointers on form and helping to tune in our bows so we can shorten our learning curves a bit. I've always been interested in aerial/upland/game bird hunting with a bow and maybe eventually a few deer as well, so that's the eventual end goal. Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:28 PM

Default Trad archery lessons.

Check out the Calgary Archery Centre. They have a selection of traditional bows and accessories. The staff is knowledgable about the subject and the owner is a traditional archer as well..
They have traditional night on Friday evening, and there is usually decent turnout of trad shooters who can assist with your questions about equipment and technique..