Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
LOL OK, So your thought is Tkachuck is in needs of the respect of the league??
Also he as the player with 33 points (21st in the league) should fight a bigger known fighter with 2 points who is 588th in the league? You think that would be a smart idea?? No wonder you cheer for the Soilers..
Tkachuk is one of the dirtiest players in the league, yet never backs it up, just turtles on the ice. He has the respect on no one in the league.

I asked an over the top Flame poster a few weeks ago if there was not a Flame's thread he could hang out in, yet look at them all in here already spreading their misery and hate.

Notice how I said Flame's, instead of Flamers or Shames? That's called class. I wouldn't expect too many from Calgary to understand that.

Anyone been to Sportsnet's site lately? They have a new format where you can mute posters of your choice, what a FANTASTIC feature! After the last Oil game there were 45 comments but only 9 visible to me, the rest were just trolls trying to muck up yet another Oilers thread.

Any bets on how quick Tka-chuck Tka-turtles tonight? He will be running from Kassian all night, bet on it, because he can't back up his dirty play.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:24 PM

*yawwwwwnnnn*

Same old, same old. I've got ten bucks says this thread can't survive the game tonight...too many Uber fans who don't get that it's a game to be enjoyed, not something to compromise your character, integrity, or soul over.

Best of luck to all the young hockey players who are going to go out tonight and give it their best, regardless of the jersey they wear, and give the fans a display of the tremendous talent, skill, and heart that they have worked hard to develop.

That is all.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-09-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Tkachuk is one of the dirtiest players in the league......
Dirtiest? Are you serious? Has he injuried anyone, ever? Maybe consider Wilson, Reeves, Rinaldo, etc.

Can you even be in contention for this distinction without ever injuring anyone?
Old 12-09-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Tkachuk is one of the dirtiest players in the league, yet never backs it up, just turtles on the ice. He has the respect on no one in the league.

I asked an over the top Flame poster a few weeks ago if there was not a Flame's thread he could hang out in, yet look at them all in here already spreading their misery and hate.

Notice how I said Flame's, instead of Flamers or Shames? That's called class. I wouldn't expect too many from Calgary to understand that.

Anyone been to Sportsnet's site lately? They have a new format where you can mute posters of your choice, what a FANTASTIC feature! After the last Oil game there were 45 comments but only 9 visible to me, the rest were just trolls trying to muck up yet another Oilers thread.

Any bets on how quick Tka-chuck Tka-turtles tonight? He will be running from Kassian all night, bet on it, because he can't back up his dirty play.
All Oiler fans under our roof. Myself I have been tired of the mismanagement of the team in the last many years and the constant rebuild status they have been enduring so my “Loilty” isn’t quite what it used to be.

But if I remember right. It was McDavid that neck cranked Tkachuk to start it all. Also, Edmonton picked Puljujarvi over Tkachuk. That was dumb. Edmonton has to get away from picking these European floaters they have always been keen on over the years. I’d rather see Tkachuk in an Oilers jersey than Jesse with his 33 points to jesse’s 2 lol.

Last edited by 1899b; 12-09-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Dirtiest? Are you serious? Has he injuried anyone, ever? Maybe consider Wilson, Reeves, Rinaldo, etc.

Can you even be in contention for this distinction without ever injuring anyone?
Perry. Don't forget Perry. Or Raffi Torres. Didn't he play for Oilers? Oilers fans loved him.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-09-2018, 03:34 PM

The laughable part is there is more passion and anger amongst Oiler and Flames fans than the actual product on the ice when they play nowadays.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
The laughable part is there is more passion and anger amongst Oiler and Flames fans than the actual product on the ice when they play nowadays.
True. And it was Backlund that McDavid horse collared and took down. Tkachuck was third man in and should have got penalty. If Drai had been third man in all the Oilers fans would have praised him for sticking up for McD. Such a big deal about relatively nothing. So many double standards and tears. But hey, whatever gives you Life.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
True. And it was Backlund that McDavid horse collared and took down. Tkachuck was third man in and should have got penalty. If Drai had been third man in all the Oilers fans would have praised him for sticking up for McD. Such a big deal about relatively nothing. So many double standards and tears. But hey, whatever gives you Life.
Thanks for correcting me on that. Wasn’t totally sure.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks for correcting me on that. Wasn’t totally sure.
Sure, wasn't being a Dick about it, just pointing out that it's hockey, things happen. If your guy sticks up for your guy it's awesome, but if their guy sticks up for their guy he's the dirtiest player since Stalin purged...too emotionally invested.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:46 PM

Almost game time

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 01-16-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:53 PM

Yup, almost. And I'm going to have to turn off AO and enjoy the game, whatever happens. Because if I don't I'll probably throw up, or get banned......

Old 12-09-2018, 04:10 PM

Seems like alot of bitterness and jealousy that the Oilers failed to pick Mathew.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
All Oiler fans under our roof. Myself I have been tired of the mismanagement of the team in the last many years and the constant rebuild status they have been enduring so my “Loilty” isn’t quite what it used to be.

But if I remember right. It was McDavid that neck cranked Tkachuk to start it all. Also, Edmonton picked Puljujarvi over Tkachuk. That was dumb. Edmonton has to get away from picking these European floaters they have always been keen on over the years. I’d rather see Tkachuk in an Oilers jersey than Jesse with his 33 points to jesse’s 2 lol.
Would be interesting to see how the crowd in this room would view Tkachuck if he was picked up by Edmonton. I'm sure we would hate him and they would love him. He is that kind of player. Hate him unless he is wearing your teams Jersey. Anyways can't wait for tonight, I hope for us all it is as entertaining as we all hope it should be. Enjoy ALL!!!!! See you at 7
Old 12-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Would be interesting to see how the crowd in this room would view Tkachuck if he was picked up by Edmonton. I'm sure we would hate him and they would love him. He is that kind of player. Hate him unless he is wearing your teams Jersey. Anyways can't wait for tonight, I hope for us all it is as entertaining as we all hope it should be. Enjoy ALL!!!!! See you at 7
Thats exactly what it is. But I am interested to see if he responds tonight. He was taken by a bit of surprise last time. If he doesn't turtle, he would have gotten killed. Perhaps tonight he will step up.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:24 PM

Brother inlaw is sick, yahoooooo! Last minute tickets to the game 05-1B-04.
Gonna be Epic! Taking my daughter and what a wonderful way to end the weekend we had in Cochrane at her Ringette tourney.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Sure, wasn't being a Dick about it, just pointing out that it's hockey, things happen. If your guy sticks up for your guy it's awesome, but if their guy sticks up for their guy he's the dirtiest player since Stalin purged...too emotionally invested.
I know and I was being sincere. I like Tkachuk. Need more like him in the league. Plays with heart.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Seems like alot of bitterness and jealousy that the Oilers failed to pick Mathew.

Jealousy would be Flames fans whining about the Oilers lucking out and getting the best player in the world I think.

3.5 years of blubbering and counting.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Gonna be Epic! Taking my daughter and what a wonderful way to end the weekend we had in Cochrane at her Ringette tourney.

Nice!! Enjoy that BD, hope you have a great time.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Awesome man. Hope you guys have a good time! I'm going to take my daughter to her first game in a few weeks as well
Old 12-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Jealousy would be Flames fans whining about the Oilers lucking out and getting the best player in the world I think.

'lucked out'? Is that what you call being a repeat cellar team and getting high draft picks?

With that kind of luck you should go to Vegas and put it all on red.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Thats exactly what it is. But I am interested to see if he responds tonight. Perhaps tonight he will step up.

On Benning, Russell, or Zykov???

He shouldn't have been surprised at all. Go after any teams best player and you're going to be invited to the dance. Unfortunately he only knows the chicken dance.

Nurse would be an excellent partner for young Matthew I think. Love to see it.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
'lucked out'? Is that what you call being a repeat cellar team and getting high draft picks?

With that kind of luck you should go to Vegas and put it all on red.

Pretty sure the Oilers moved up that draft no? Leapfrogged 2 teams if my memory serves.

Last edited by 270person; 12-09-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure the Oilers moved up that draft no? Leapfrogged 2 teams if my memory serves.
Yeah, sounds about right. If my math serves me correctly, that should be worth all kinds of participation ribbons...

Old 12-09-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Dang that's awesome, I went to the last one with my son, and was a blast.
Enjoy the game. Will have to give you a hard time after the fact I guess..
Old 12-09-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure there isn't a fan in the league that wouldn't be jealous of that gift your team got. As well as the many other 1st over all picks. Teams like ours have never had one. I am sure would be a huge benefit, well that is if the team didn't keep wasting that benefit.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:17 PM

Rebuild.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Rebuild.
And we wish the Oilers the best of luck with that. After ten or eleven years of trying, they are going to be able to figure it out at some point. Believe.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:22 PM

^ predicted that almost word for word👍.....cheers to game2...
Old 12-09-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Wanna play dirty? Back it up, not turtle (coward). Any of the above do that? Torres? S. Stevens? That will earn more respect among players.
In saying that, I don't condone some of torres hits.

Chuckie is up there with the Avery's and Cookes of the NHL.
“I’m pretty sure he might be [the most hated player in the league],” said Doughty.

One day he'll get the "Ulf" payback, and I'm sure no one will be shocked
Old 12-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Banned

I live about 3 blocks west of Rogers place and there is a line up of 5 ambulances parked in front of the barn. Must be getting ready for a world of hurt. that the Flames are going to get