Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2021, 07:08 AM

Default Statue of Queen Victoria Toppled on Canada Day

Reflective Canada Day culminates in toppling of legislature landmark

https://apple.news/AColOGEmpQyyNEpZ-H2mD6w

Old 07-02-2021, 07:20 AM

So where were the police when this crime was taking place?
Old 07-02-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So where were the police when this crime was taking place?
…and where was out PM afterwards when he should have been standing up condemning these actions…
Old 07-02-2021, 07:32 AM
Banned

We shouldn't be giving this crap any attention..it will just cause more of it to happen.

The people committing these crimes have been brainwashed by social media and their whole life depends on being seen and accepted by the majority of fools.

The sooner we ignore scum like this,the sooner they will fade away into the background until another stupid trend pops up. Let's just hope the next trend is some stupid internet challenge......
Old 07-02-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipndip View Post
They were conveniently staying away from the scene
So what value is a police force that refuses to do their job?

Last edited by jungleboy; 07-02-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2021, 07:35 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Here we go coffee table crew are up.....wait until,they get the second up in their guts.

Just punks being punks...need a good ol’fashion beaten and a drive Out of town for a long walk home to think about their bad choices.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-02-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
We shouldn't be giving this crap any attention..it will just cause more of it to happen.

The people committing these crimes have been brainwashed by social media and their whole life depends on being seen and accepted by the majority of fools.

The sooner we ignore scum like this,the sooner they will fade away into the background until another stupid trend pops up. Let's just hope the next trend is some stupid internet challenge......
funny you should say that. I didn't know about it until I read it here.....
Old 07-02-2021, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So what value is a police force that refuses to do their job?
From what I've seen,there isn't much value left in this hypocritical police force.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
From what I've seen,there isn't much value left in this hypocritical police force.
Apparently not.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:19 AM

Exclamation Not the RCMP's responsibility

FTR- Winnipeg has its own police force, and a Woke city council making the decisions.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 07-02-2021, 09:22 AM

you would think they could have at least identified the guy standing on top and made an arrest.

Can anyone ID the flag he is holding?
Old 07-02-2021, 09:24 AM
Banned

So much hate for the police force on this site.

Repeating the same rhetoric over and over accomplishes nothing. These men and women give their lives to protect and some bash them ever chance they get for taking orders....

Sad.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplefarmer View Post

Repeating the same rederick over and over accomplishes nothing. These men and women give their
lives to protect and some bash them ever chance they get for taking orders....

Sad.
Thank-You !!
Love my local RCMP.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplefarmer View Post

Repeating the same rhetoric over and over accomplishes nothing. These men and women give their lives to protect and some bash them ever chance they get for taking orders....

Sad.
You call it hate....we call it speaking the truth about what we see. Not all cops are bad,but there sure are alot of bad ones and letting them continue on without saying something is pretty SAD
Old 07-02-2021, 10:15 AM

Default A thought

Every society in the world has injustices in its past and present.
The strategy of the far left is to exaggerate them so as to cancel our history, destroy our identity, and weaken our institutions.
They will then build their Marxist utopia on the smoking ruins.
MB
Old 07-02-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
You call it hate....we call it speaking the truth about what we see. Not all cops are bad,but there sure are alot of bad ones and letting them continue on without saying something is pretty SAD
Exactly, you either enforce the laws or you don't, selective enforcement of the laws based on political agendas or virtue signaling , is never a good thing. And it usually isn't the officer on the street making the call, it's his superiors, and a police force run by incompetent superiors, or directed by incompetent local authority, becomes incompetent as an organization.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:27 AM

“A statue of Queen Victoria was toppled at the Manitoba Legislative Building following a march in honour of Indigenous children found in unmarked graves at former residential schools. (John Woods / Winnipeg Free Press)Reporter: ?“
Old 07-02-2021, 10:31 AM

How soon we forget the Rail blockade of 2019. Different laws for different people.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:37 AM

Is this being pumped up by Trudeau’s paid internet controllers???
Old 07-02-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma View Post
Every society in the world has injustices in its past and present.
The strategy of the far left is to exaggerate them so as to cancel our history, destroy our identity, and weaken our institutions.
They will then build their Marxist utopia on the smoking ruins.
MB
Very true.

Yesterday I took some time to sit alone on the deck. Listening to the sounds of people celebrating in the neighbourhoods around me.

And I thought, "enjoy this, moment, Stinky. Next year's Canada Day may be very different. In fact, our beloved Canada itself could be very different by this time next year."

Making sure I'm giving lots of hugs to my family, and being there for the kids when we have to talk about some hard topics.

Last edited by Stinky Buffalo; 07-02-2021 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-02-2021, 11:10 AM

I NEVER CARED BEFORE ......

I believe more and more people are starting to feel this way.

I never cared if you were “gay” or whatever acronym you chose to call yourself, until you started shoving it down my throat.

I never cared what color you were, until you started blaming me for your problems.

I never cared about your political affiliation, until you started to condemn me for mine.

I never cared where you were from in this great Country, until you began condemning people based on where they were born and the history that makes them who they are.

I have never cared if you were well off or poor, because I’ve been both . . . until you started calling me names for working hard and bettering myself.

I’ve never cared if your beliefs are different than mine - until you said my beliefs are wrong.

I’ve never cared if you don’t like guns, until you tried to take my guns away.

Now . . . I care. I’ve given all the tolerance I have to give.

This is no longer my problem. It’s your problem. You can still fix it. It’s not too late. But it needs to be soon.

I’m a very patient person. But I’m out of patience. And there are literally Tens of Millions of people just like me ~~

who are sick of all your crap!

I’ve always cared about life, and all lives, but now you try to force the notion on me and my other fellow citizens and patriots that certain lives matter more than others. You protest, riot, attack, burn and loot. Your so-called “movement” has become a radical out-of-control bunch of thugs, criminals and anarchists who are destroying our Country.

We have had enough! Canada is the greatest country on Earth, and if you don’t like Canada ~~ then you can leave.

We are done caring about your misguided “feelings”.

You don’t have the right to enjoy Canadian freedoms if you are trying to take that right away from other Canadians.

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Last edited by graybeard; 07-02-2021 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-02-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post

I never cared if you were “gay” or whatever acronym you chose to call yourself,

until you started shoving it down my throat.

I never cared what color you were, until you started blaming me for your problems.

I never cared about your political affiliation, until you started to condemn me for mine.

I never cared where you were from in this great Country, until you began condemning people based on where they were born and the history that makes them who they are.

I have never cared if you were well off or poor, because I’ve been both . . . until you started calling me names for working hard and bettering myself.

I’ve never cared if your beliefs are different than mine - until you said my beliefs are wrong.

This is no longer my problem. It’s your problem. You can still fix it. It’s not too late. But it needs to be soon.

I’m a very patient person. But I’m out of patience. And there are literally Tens of Millions of people just like me ~~

I’ve always cared about life, and all lives, but now you try to force the notion on me and my other fellow citizens and patriots that certain lives matter more than others. You protest, riot, attack, burn and loot. Your so-called “movement” has become a radical out-of-control bunch of thugs, criminals and anarchists who are destroying our Country.

We have had enough! Canada is the greatest country on Earth, and if you don’t like Canada ~~ then you can leave.

You don’t have the right to enjoy Canadian freedoms if you are trying to take that right away from other Canadians.

well said I believe a lot of us older guys feel the same
Old 07-02-2021, 11:30 AM

Cowessess First Nation Chief Cadmus Delorme on The National last night, when CBC host Ian Hanomansing asked what his message is to Canadians:

"From a First Nation perspective, I love living in Canada. I went to university, I grew up on Cowessess, I have the best job I think I ever wanted, being chief. It's not an easy task. But there is an accidental racism and ignorance in this country when it comes to history. You know, Indigenous people - and I'm speaking from Cowessess perspective - we don't want to live in our current state. We want to be part of the economy. We want to be part of the growth... the social lives.
Sometimes in this country, being Indigenous, it's as if you gotta prove yourself a little more. You're so used seeing maybe, someone asking for change and being Indigenous... you know, there's a story behind every one, of the history that we inherited. So my comment to everybody listening is, from Cowessess, we're not asking for pity. We're asking for understanding. We're asking that you stand beside us, that as we are gaining our control again - as Indigenous people - in our Treaty relationship, that we have better understanding. That our kids going to school understand the impact that residential school made, but also even pre... what great economy Indigenous people had prior to Treaty. This country would be so much more well-off, when Indigenous ideology and understanding is welcomed in, and not just brought in on certain days of the year.

(On the debate over whether to cancel Canada Day)
I would never tell somebody what to and what not to celebrate. You know, in 2021, we all inherited this. Nobody today created residential schools. Nobody today created the Indian Act. Nobody today created the Sixties Scoop. But we all inherited this. And if we want to say we're proud Canadians, then we will accept the beautiful country we have today, and we will accept what we all inherited. And what I would challenge is: Everybody on Canada Day in this country, if you say you're a proud Canadian, read the Truth and Reconciliation 'Calls to Action.' Over 100,000 residential school survivors told their story - including my parents - and they created the Truth and Reconciliation 'Calls to Action.' Bring that into your personal life, your social life, your business life. And read the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls 'Calls to Action.' There's 231 Calls to Action. If we can all own those a little bit in this country, in one generation we would overcome so many challenges today, that our next generation won't inherit this. We will make them more as Dreamers."
Old 07-02-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Hmmm. Brand new member joins an outdoor forum to talk politics and social issues.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2021, 12:03 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Thank-You !!
Love my local RCMP.

Yup our local LEO’s do a stellar job and are busy keeping our communities safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-02-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Yup our local LEO’s do a stellar job and are busy keeping our communities safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
City police in our community and I have no complaints.

I do not know the appropriate police response to a crowd of demonstrators., mostly peaceful but loud, with a few bad actors among them. What should be done? What is a few start inciting vandalism?

I'd like to hear expert opinions please.
Old 07-02-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:

I never cared if you were “gay” or whatever acronym you chose to call yourself, until you started shoving it down my throat.

thanks for this i feel the same
Old 07-02-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:

Good post. Unfortunately, many people are not like you.

I have known a few "gay-bashers" personally and have heard of some who made it physical. I know racists who are prejudiced against people of different colours. The same people condemn others based on where they were born. I know Christians who condemn all other religions and, although I don't know any personally, I have read Muslims who do the same. And so on.

These people have caused the reactions that you rightly say have used up your patience. All Canadians should read the message posted by Crankbait (#23) and take it to heart.
Old 07-02-2021, 12:29 PM

Have a look at the two guys holding flags they do not look like some young punks to me very easy to tell what group is behind this. They want respect they will never get it by doing this crap they are creating more hate then ever very sad that they think doing this will make it better . They want control of all
Old 07-02-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Here we go coffee table crew are up.....wait until,they get the second up in their guts.

Just punks being punks...need a good ol’fashion beaten and a drive Out of town for a long walk home to think about their bad choices.

Now this post was refreshing ! Don't have to read too much into what these punks are doing. Vandalizing losers. A good ol'fashion beaten.....perfect.
I get along with most people pretty good but I pity the person that tries to tear down my BIG CANADIAN flag that i will fly for another week

I stand with the Police and Military.