Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2017, 10:06 PM

Default Liberals to donate 241 millions to Clinton Foundation

This is getting more and more rediculouse! And criminal.
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/12...ton-foundation
One crook gives our money to even bigger crook...
Old 07-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Please show us exactly which law is broken? Or are you speaking metaphorically?
Old 07-12-2017, 10:52 PM

A seat with the UN, and a Nobel Peace prize. Those are the goals, Canadian taxpayers be damned.
Hilary is going to help him out and in return, he's going to help fund the "Twelfth run at the Oval Office" campaign.
With our money, lest we forget.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Banned

Wow. Simply amazing what that loser is doing with OUR money.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
The column has some serious factual errors.

https://www.canada.ca/en/global-affa...andrights.html

The Clinton Foundation's part of that 240 million is less than 10%. I don't think that was an honest mistake on the part of the writer.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post

The Clinton Foundation's part of that 240 million is less than 10%. I don't think that was an honest mistake on the part of the writer.
Regardless.....it's still a mind boggling waste of a lot of money that we don't have.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:

That does make the intent of the article misleading by referencing the total donation to the Clinton foundation. But, it does go to show the world-wide corruption of political leaders setting themselves up financially while on tax-payers salary.

And it's still 20,000,000.00 into the Clinton part. These political criminals have no ethics or moral standards when it comes to spending our money.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:32 AM

I don'r know what is worse. The Clinton pay for play access or that inevitability this women who has been under about 3 investigations is still floating the idea of running.

I would of thought after the special access program server that she hid next to her crapper she would be toast. I guess theres enough fool's (with tax money) and despots to pay grease money, that she doesn't hike off into the sunset. Maybe Trudeau wants to Canada to do some humanitarian work like in Haiti or wants to sit at the big boy table at the UN.

Between Khadr and supporting a Clinton, Trudeau is digging a grave. He has gotten the ire of Canadians for paying a terrorist rather then standing up for real principles and subsequently hiding like coward. The Clinton things won't play well with elements in his support structure. Clinton and her foundation is pure toxicity. It's somewhere between screaching chalk on chalkboard and your dog dropping a loaf in your sneaker.

Maybe the foundation still exists to pay her legal trouble. Only one can hope. Bill can only do so many speeches to murderous regimes and governments.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:42 AM
Banned

Quote:

This correction is now shown on the bottom of the OP Sun article:

Correction: A previous version of this story incorrectly noted the sum handed over to the Clinton Health Access Initiative. The total is $20 million, which is a portion of a broader $241.5 million announcement of numerous contributions.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:04 AM

Let me guess,
10.5 million donation..??
Old 07-13-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
This correction is now shown on the bottom of the OP Sun article:

Correction: A previous version of this story incorrectly noted the sum handed over to the Clinton Health Access Initiative. The total is $20 million, which is a portion of a broader $241.5 million announcement of numerous contributions.

I don't have a problem with the amount of money. I don't have a problem with the cause. I have a problem with giving it to the Clinton foundation for all the reasons listed in article, and one more reason... namely that Canada will get no credit internationally for the donation. The countries and programs getting the aid will see it as coming from the Clintons, not from Canada. We will have earned ZERO goodwill. When you give foreign aid, you slap a Canadian flag on the donation and hand it to the county or people who need it.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:

$20 million is still almost twice as much as the payout to Kadr.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I don't have a problem with the amount of money. I don't have a problem with the cause. I have a problem with giving it to the Clinton foundation for all the reasons listed in article, and one more reason... namely that Canada will get no credit internationally for the donation. The countries and programs getting the aid will see it as coming from the Clintons, not from Canada. We will have earned ZERO goodwill. When you give foreign aid, you slap a Canadian flag on the donation and hand it to the county or people who need it.
More-so, what percentage of that money will actually be put to good use?

I don't consider bank rolling wealthy criminals lavish life style "good use".

If they really wanted to make a difference they are probably worth enough money that they could be doing that on their dime. I'm sure Hildabeast has enough Kim Yong pantsuits to last her for the rest of her (hopefully short) stay above ground.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Canada’s announcement of funding of up to $241.5 million at the Family Planning Summit will support projects that will provide critical sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services and information and advance gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.

This investment is part of Canada’s $650-million comprehensive approach to address gaps in funding for sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and $840 million for humanitarian assistance in response to the crises in Iraq and Syria and the impact of these crises on Jordan and Lebanon.

Whoaaa!! That sounds like our country trying to foist western values and culture on someone else. Using canadian tax dollars to besmirch another people's religion, culture and political system. Very bad. Very, very bad.

Our culture is not better than anyone else's, and we shouldn't be spending the fruits of our labour to denigrate another culture. Just leave them alone and leave the money in our pockets.

Most of the money is going to buy swimming pools and Rolls Royces for millionaires anyway.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:35 AM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
I don't consider bank rolling wealthy criminals lavish life style "good use".
If you actually cared to answer this question it would take about 30 seconds to find out. The money is earmarked for a specific project and as a charity the Clinton Foundation is obligated to report how they distribute funds. There are many organizations that analyze charity's filings and spending patterns. Find one.

There's only one poster in this thread that's had something thoughtful to add to the discussion. The rest of you are engaged in a typical AO consensus circle, strenuously agreeing with each other. Are your egos really so fragile that you need to be reminded how clever you are constantly?

It's usually enough to make me nauseous but this example is particulay egregious. It took me about a minute to confirm this column was BS but you all couldn't waste a second on critical thinking, there was that burning need to post yet another "yeah but Clinton is bad".

Pathetic.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you actually cared to answer this question it would take about 30 seconds to find out. The money is earmarked for a specific project and as a charity the Clinton Foundation is obligated to report how they distribute funds. There are many organizations that analyze charity's filings and spending patterns. Find one.

There's only one poster in this thread that's had something thoughtful to add to the discussion. The rest of you are engaged in a typical AO consensus circle, strenuously agreeing with each other. Are your egos really so fragile that you need to be reminded how clever you are constantly?

It's usually enough to make me nauseous but this example is particulay egregious. It took me about a minute to confirm this column was BS but you all couldn't waste a second on critical thinking, there was that burning need to post yet another "yeah but Clinton is bad".

Pathetic.
Critical thinking usually is the first thing that goes out the window in cults.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:

Pathetic.
May I suggest you find other forms of social media and refrain from coming on AO. Because if you are looking for other Trudeau and Clinton supporters, this is NOT a great place for you to network or find friends.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 07-13-2017, 12:34 PM

The Clinton foundation is anything but all sunshine and lollipops, helping out people in need. They are a pay for play organization that sells influence. I'm surprised it is still around as the family is not very important right now. Bill and Hillary have basically destroyed their daughters political aspirations in the short term not to mention she looks like a turkey buzzard. Just ask Hahti how much the Clinton's "helped" them.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:

Pathetic.
Are you speaking of the charity evaluation done by the "watchdog" that is a beneficiary of the the Clinton foundation?

Or the non evaluation done? Because it seems impossible to track the money flowing through what appears to be a giant legal money laundering organisation. Formerly the Clinton Foundation was on the watch list of that particular charity evaluator.

You didn't even do the barest of homework on this, yet you chose to berate me for that. Clearly your "30 second" search is decidedly substandard.

They might accomplish some good things, but it appears that favouritism, nepotism, and cronyism, might be the real reasons that the foundation exists.

Here's one take on what happened with billions earmarked for Haitian relief:http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ton-foundation

Now wouldn't a reasonable person deduce that something fishy is going on?
And just maybe that's why they are, or were investigated by the IRS.

Can't be a part of your Clinton fan club on this one. Everything that they do stinks of self service. I'll give to charities that don't flag a page of controversy and investigations when searched.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Banned

Regardless how you feel about the Clinton's (I don't like them), their Foundation is highly rated by independent charity rating agencies, especially on fiscal transparency.

Check it out for yourself.

https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings...foundation/478

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16680
Old 07-13-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliespotter View Post
Regardless how you feel about the Clinton's (I don't like them), their Foundation is highly rated by independent charity rating agencies, especially on fiscal transparency.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...rency-promises
Old 07-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
May I suggest you find other forms of social media and refrain from coming on AO. Because if you are looking for other Trudeau and Clinton supporters, this is NOT a great place for you to network or find friends.
Actually I think you might be mistaking the loudest among us for the majority opinion.

Regardless, The fact is I've maybe voted for a liberal candidate once in my life, I don't have a particlar liking for either of them. My concern is with the quality of the criticism. As I have said many times in the past, if the best argument you can field against Trudeau is he has stupid hat (or this crap) you may as well crown him king for life and get it over with.

We can do better and we need to.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgvande View Post
Not saying that that one reporters perspectives may not have some truth in them, but I will take the ratings of organizations that are in that game as a higher level of truth.

And yes, I know, where there is smoke there is usually fire. I'm just not about to castigate the real good work the foundation does. The Clinton's themselves? They ain't as clean.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
You didn't even do the barest of homework on this, yet you chose to berate me for that. Clearly your "30 second" search is decidedly substandard.
Dinesh D'Souza is a partisan hack. It's his job.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliespotter View Post

Didn't the Foundation pay for Chelsea's wedding?
Old 07-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Didn't the Foundation pay for Chelsea's wedding?
Where did you get that from?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Not sure where you got 241 million form. The Sun is a rag and quite honestly the leader of fake news in this country.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
Not sure where you got 241 million form. The Sun is a rag and quite honestly the leader of fake news in this country.
No, that would be the CBC.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
I've noticed a downhill slide in the sunshine girls as well.