Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
And don't forget outright liars like yourself WS.
lets take it to pm. This thread ahs taken a beating enough. I never once lied. I outlined why and how with a subtle direction as to who may have informed me of the quality of the outdoorsman that you are. I spoke the truth. I posted legit data that stated physics didn't back up your claims. You side step. Youre the king of sidestepping. But again, take to pm.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Banned

You lied, when you said on another thread that "you knew people that knew me"

You don't even know my name you never met me and as far as I am concerned you are nothing but a big bag of hot air, that can't even shoot.

When I called you out on that, you had not response, which makes you an outright liar and a man of bad character, IMHO.

Sure let's take it to a Moderator, I would like you to tell him or her who you know that knows me.

Last edited by edmhunter; 12-24-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:

You don't even know my name you never met me and as far as I am concerned you are nothing but a big bag of hot air, that can't even shoot.

When I called you out on that, you had not response, which makes you an outright liar and a man of bad character, IMHO,

Sure let's take it to a Moderator, I would like you to tell him or her who you know that knows me.
I think WildSide was trying to show some class and taking this argument off line and to a private message. You seem to be powerless without an audience....smells like a troll....walks like a troll....
Old 12-24-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:

When I called you out on that, you had not response, which makes you an outright liar and a man of bad character, IMHO,

Last post on this. I stated a couple members pm'd me. Never said I was personal friends with anyone. You have clearly made it obvious on this thread you know at least one guy on here. Do the math Einstein. I never once lied. Now before this thread gets locked, and we both get banned, take it to pm or crawl back into your hole bud. End of discussion.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:32 AM

If a bullet of different calibre and weight but same BC were shot at the same velocity would there be a difference of trajectory? Does speed not overcome gravity?
Old 12-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
Last post on this. I stated a couple members pm'd me. Never said I was personal friends with anyone. You have clearly made it obvious on this thread you know at least one guy on here. Do the math Einstein. I never once lied. Now before this thread gets locked, and we both get banned, take it to pm or crawl back into your hole bud. End of discussion.
That's not what you posted, more lies will not cover up you penitent for lying!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
If a bullet of different calibre and weight but same BC were shot at the same velocity would there be a difference of trajectory? Does speed not overcome gravity?
This is true.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
PS: I do not shoot geese out of pits, you do, therefore it is you that lives in a hole, not me.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:44 AM

Is it possible to sight in zero at 100yds and have the same point of impact at lets say 250 yds? What velocity would that bullet have to be traveling to make it possible?
Old 12-24-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Is it possible to sight in zero at 100yds and have the same point of impact at lets say 250 yds? What velocity would that bullet have to be traveling to make it possible?
You can with the following 2" scope height, a greasy 6.5mm 140gr with a G7 of 0.303, and 4900fps. This may be a bit of a barrel burner.....or Skytops next build lol
Old 12-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
I just received, yet again, another UNSOLICITED PM from you. I have asked you not to PM me, SO STOP PMing me.

I CAN'T STAND A LIAR, I certainly do not associate with your type and I am entirely not interested in hearing anything you have to say. Get it?
Old 12-24-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
i just received, yet again, another unsolicited pm from you. I have asked you not to pm me, so stop pming me.

I can't stand a liar, i certainly do not associate with your type and i am entirely not interested in hearing anything you have to say. Get it?
take it to pm
Old 12-24-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I just received, yet again, another UNSOLICITED PM from you. I have asked you not to PM me, SO STOP PMing me.

I CAN'T STAND A LIAR, I certainly do not associate with your type and I am entirely not interested in hearing anything you have to say. Get it?
Translation: Please PM me!! Please respond!!

Old 12-24-2014, 11:19 AM

Ok pages later I will answer a question....

Gravity is not a constant even though it is referred to as such....

from wikipediea... "It is relevant to note that Earth's gravity doesn't have the exact same value in all regions. There are slight variations in different parts of the globe. The cause of that is still not well understood by scientists"

It changes proportional to mass of object and distance from object.... the less mass and more distance gravity decreases.....

On earth g is used as a constant as 9.8 meters per second per second.

as you move away from earth there is a point where the influence of gravity becomes negligible.... thus the force of gravity changes with altitude.....

however the small insignificant changes in gravity due of altitude we can experience from sea level to 10,000 feet where the majority of shooting takes place the effect is negligible.

Thus why for every constant parameters are defined for where it is valid!...

There are many factors that affect shooting that are normally negligible until one is shooting extreme distance such as bullet nutation, coriolis force, air density affected by altitude, humidity, and temperature etc.

Looking for a rifle that has a MPBR is something that will be debated for as long as firearms exist....
Old 12-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Translation: Please PM me!! Please respond!!

lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.jpg (11.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-24-2014, 11:35 AM

edmhunter, so you have any business or career ties to the Huskemaw scope company, or to a Huskemaw distributor or retailer, or to an outfitter or outdoor TV/internet show that promotes Huskemaw scopes?
Old 12-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
edmhunter, so you have any business or career ties to the Huskemaw scope company, or to a Huskemaw distributor or retailer, or to an outfitter or outdoor TV/internet show that promotes Huskemaw scopes?
No, but I do own one and really enjoy it. When I was in the process of purchasing a long range scope, I looked at Nightforce as well and choose the Huskemaw because of it's weight. I prefer a lighter gun/scope combo setup.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:51 AM

Thx.
Merry merry.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Ok pages later I will answer a question....

Gravity is not a constant even though it is referred to as such....

from wikipediea... "It is relevant to note that Earth's gravity doesn't have the exact same value in all regions. There are slight variations in different parts of the globe. The cause of that is still not well understood by scientists"

It changes proportional to mass of object and distance from object.... the less mass and more distance gravity decreases.....

On earth g is used as a constant as 9.8 meters per second per second.

as you move away from earth there is a point where the influence of gravity becomes negligible.... thus the force of gravity changes with altitude.....

however the small insignificant changes in gravity due of altitude we can experience from sea level to 10,000 feet where the majority of shooting takes place the effect is negligible.

Thus why for every constant parameters are defined for where it is valid!...

There are many factors that affect shooting that are normally negligible until one is shooting extreme distance such as bullet nutation, coriolis force, air density affected by altitude, humidity, and temperature etc.

Looking for a rifle that has a MPBR is something that will be debated for as long as firearms exist....
glad you clarified. to avoid confusion in the future please specify where in the universe you will be shooting
Old 12-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Banned

@ edmhunter, should you wish to not receive PM's, that can be easily done with a few changes in your profile. You can even put someone on the "ignore" list.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:02 PM

Its amazing how some cracker jacks can assume that just because their scope is one brand or another it makes them a better shooter..I have spent many hours playing the mid to long range game(400-1000yd) and while im not totin myself to be the BEST or even competent LR shooter I know for a fact that dialing 32 or 26 or 42 MOA into my turret is just as good as a custom turret from such companies as husky or any other. Even the most expensive rifle cant make up for shooter ability..As stated before the claims made here are possible but highly doubtful. Also many of your replies show how ignorant you are about firearms, scopes, and shooting in general. That said next time you are out my way you should show me your stuff maybe you are a true Annie.

Last edited by obsessed1; 12-24-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:17 PM

The best way to shoot flat is to shoot close. This thread is fun.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
@ edmhunter, should you wish to not receive PM's, that can be easily done with a few changes in your profile. You can even put someone on the "ignore" list.
Thank you for the info, I did not know that.

Merry Christmas!
Closed Thread