Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2022, 10:07 AM

Default Buck up for Betty!

Old 01-17-2022, 12:32 PM

Unless euthanasia is on the table for the millions of unwanted pets out there, for which there is no home, my wallet stays in my pocket. It's the only viable solution.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-17-2022, 12:53 PM

Is there suppost to be a link there or something?

Edit, nevermind, see it now....
Old 01-17-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Unless euthanasia is on the table for the millions of unwanted pets out there, for which there is no home, my wallet stays in my pocket. It's the only viable solution.

Grizz
There are few happy endings at the local shelter the animals that aren't adopted greet the needle, they preform a valuable community service a place to handle unwanted or abandoned pets not just the Walt Disney stories.

It's not like on on the local rez where they tell everybody on a certain date all dogs without a collar get shot.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Banned

i haven't figured out why 'they' are importing homeless dogs from timbucktoo and everywhere else when we have our own that we can't find homes for.

to the op, i think your idea is a touching one....surely there must be a fit out there somewhere for our homeless orphans.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
i haven't figured out why 'they' are importing homeless dogs from timbucktoo and everywhere else when we have our own that we can't find homes for.

to the op, i think your idea is a touching one....surely there must be a fit out there somewhere for our homeless orphans.
I saw one company in Toronto importing sick and neglected dogs from Egypt. Mercy sakes we don’t treat people that good half the time. I also can’t fathom the bills they will build up to save these animals. I’ve seen a local southern Alberta place posting that they have spent over 10000$ on single animals to get them in to adoption shape. I can’t support that kind of waste
Old 01-17-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
I saw one company in Toronto importing sick and neglected dogs from Egypt. Mercy sakes we don’t treat people that good half the time. I also can’t fathom the bills they will build up to save these animals. I’ve seen a local southern Alberta place posting that they have spent over 10000$ on single animals to get them in to adoption shape. I can’t support that kind of waste
Why in gods name would we be getting dogs from Egypt,thats unbelievable.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
Why in gods name would we be getting dogs from Egypt,thats unbelievable.
Believe it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.ct...56431.amp.html

And don’t get me wrong. I do not begrudged taking in a stray or supporting a shelter, I just can’t understand the lengths they will go to for an animal. I also wonder about the people who rescue several animals. I’ve seen very few people who can take care of multiple animals well. But the shelters don’t seem to mind adopting multiple to on family

Last edited by hilt134; 01-17-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:45 PM

I saw one article the other day that they were flying planes full of dogs rescued from the Chinese markets into Canada. I agree that it’s a great thought, but until we can solve our local problem, we shouldn’t really be trying to tackle the same problem everywhere else.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
There are 100's of thousands of people who donate to these "charities". I would bet my last dollar that there are 6 figure and higher salaries being paid to the executives running them and the veterinarians servicing them also profit largely. Would also bet confidently that some of the critters they spend thousands vetting in preparation for adoption are then put down if they are not adopted after a certain length of time.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
There are 100's of thousands of people who donate to these "charities". I would bet my last dollar that there are 6 figure and higher salaries being paid to the executives running them and the veterinarians servicing them also profit largely. Would also bet confidently that some of the critters they spend thousands vetting in preparation for adoption are then put down if they are not adopted after a certain length of time.
I’d say the same myself, the vets make some serious money from these groups.

Here’s another link, if it doesn’t work just give it a google. https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/dozens-of-...airo-1.5656431
Old 01-17-2022, 08:51 PM

I just find this a bit crass. This meme was out on the web seemingly moments after her death. Seems to me like someone just trying to connect with her death and use it for marketing and publicity purposes.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:30 PM

Donate to the SPCA who hate hunters, guns... lol. yup great way to spend your 5 bucks
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
There are few happy endings at the local shelter the animals that aren't adopted greet the needle, they preform a valuable community service a place to handle unwanted or abandoned pets not just the Walt Disney stories.

It's not like on on the local rez where they tell everybody on a certain date all dogs without a collar get shot.
I know a lady, associated with one of the adoption agencies constantly crying for funds. She whelps out out abandoned pregnant dogs, many of them from reserves, which are then placed for adoption by that agency. There's something wrong with this picture.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-18-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
I know a lady, associated with one of the adoption agencies constantly crying for funds. She whelps out out abandoned pregnant dogs, many of them from reserves, which are then placed for adoption by that agency. There's something wrong with this picture.

Grizz
Your local SPCA has nothing to do with a few nutjobs importing dogs or any adoption agencies my $5 could be used for pentobarbital they use a lot of it.