Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-18-2014, 10:22 PM

Default hunters friend

just wondering if anybody on here has ordered a bow from hunters friend and how the experience was.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:14 AM

Not sure why anyone would order a bow from the US...by time you convert the dollar, pay shipping then GST and broker fees at the border..you not saving a whole lot...

Also Warrenty work... if any is a nightmare..can take time...a entire hunting season time...

If Warrenty is done at a local Pro shop...I guareentee once found it was bought thru the states you will be charged premium for any Warrenty work...

Buy local, support local, Canada get warrenty work done free and fast...

JMHO
Neil
Old 06-26-2014, 01:15 PM

If you have access to a shop nearby and they are good to deal with, I would go with them. If you are like me and do not have any shops nearby (5 hour drive or so) then Hunters Friend is a good option. I ordered last year a whole package from them and it was cheaper than any shop when you account in my time, money, and accommodation. I would have loved to buy local and was hesitant to buy online. My bow came set up and ready to go. Minimal adjustments needed to fit myself. Was shooting out to 60 yards with confidence in a few days, few shots at 70. I was impressed.