Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2016, 08:17 AM

Default Stolen peace officers truck..Millet Ab.

So apparently a 2008 Ford Peace Officers truck was stolen Thursday morning in Millet. Peace Officer and Town of Millet marked on truck. No licence plate available... Huh?.....If pulled over,Police say keep windows rolled up, ask for i.d. , ask for a marked police vehicle to attend the scene, call 911....Wow..........
Old 04-01-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris762 View Post
So apparently a 2008 Ford Peace Officers truck was stolen...

Who ya gonna call?
Old 04-01-2016, 09:48 AM

Must have left it running, I stopped for a coffee an hour ago at Timmy's and local peace officer is inside with 2 others piece dudes and get back to my and see he leaves his truck running on our tax dollars paying for gas. Dork!!
Old 04-01-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Must have left it running, I stopped for a coffee an hour ago at Timmy's and local peace officer is inside with 2 others piece dudes and get back to my and see he leaves his truck running on our tax dollars paying for gas. Dork!!
Before resorting to name calling........did you ever consider why police leave their cars running? There are legitimate and justifiable reasons for doing so. Gas is cheaper than a new battery every day.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Before resorting to name calling........did you ever consider why police leave their cars running? There are legitimate and justifiable reasons for doing so. Gas is cheaper than a new battery every day.
So you are trying to tell us that shutting off the engine for 15 minutes to have a coffee will result in the battery having to be replaced every day?
Old 04-01-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
There is no reason whatsoever. If he receives an emergency call it would save about 1.3 seconds. Dead battery's?
Old 04-01-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
What ever it don't need to run, you must buy cheap batteries. Are you a peace officer? If he gets a call he would likely wait and finish his coffee and by the way it was a young guy about 24 to 26 years old. I got checked by one of these dudes about a year ago sits in his car without his sunglasses on but when he comes out he puts on his white sunglasses on. give me a break, next time I will ask to take them off so I can make eye contact with him. Its all about image
Old 04-01-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Please list the legitimate reasons for leaving a vehicle running. All of the manufacturers state that warming up a vehicle is unnecessary and excessive idling is harmful to the engine.

Gerry Burnie
Old 04-01-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Is this guy a police officer or a municipal enforcement/bylaw ticket writer? Better leave the car running, in case he has to speed to an emergency. Someone might put up a clothesline without getting a permit, have a non regulation fence in their yard, or have a dirt pile that is above the legal height.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
There is no reason whatsoever. If he receives an emergency call it would save about 1.3 seconds. Dead battery's?
I would be surprised, if these vehicles didn't have an auxiliary battery isolated from the main battery, for running battery powered equipment.

BW
Old 04-01-2016, 10:45 AM

Maybe a k-9 handler on hot days should leave it running for a/c on hot days while at the donut shop, other than that perhaps when it's cold to keep his trigger finger always warmed up....
Old 04-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Banned

I've always said I would only answer the door or respond if I seen cherry's out front in the middle of the night... Pondering that thought
Old 04-01-2016, 11:41 AM

Default April Fools

Chris, you almost got me thrown in Jail ! One tried to stop me and was he ever ****ed when I drove 15 miles to the Leduc RCMP with siren and lights going all the way...........good one............
Old 04-01-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swedeforelk View Post
Who ya gonna call?
Ghost Busters!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
Ya but that gas didn't come from dirty oil!
Old 04-01-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Yea he might have a dog catcher emergency. The wannabes in Canmore do the same thing in the middle of summer. One wannabe got real choked when I (as a taxpayer) questioned him. Lucky I didn't get tasered.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I would be surprised, if these vehicles didn't have an auxiliary battery isolated from the main battery, for running battery powered equipment.
BW
I highly doubt it, if anything it has an upgraded alternator and nothing else. I don't believe any of the Big 3 makes a pursuit rated truck either...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...eet-customers/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
Please list the legitimate reasons for leaving a vehicle running. All of the manufacturers state that warming up a vehicle is unnecessary and excessive idling is harmful to the engine.
Legitimate reasons: well he probably has a radar unit that is on the entire shift just not transmitting, probably has an MDT or some other type of computer, must have a radio or two, perhaps a printer hooked up to the MDT depending upon how technologically advanced the agency is, amplifier for the radio, dash camera, if K9 then a fan for the pup in the back, cell phone charger, flashlight charger, belt mic charger... If on a call, or any other situation using lights/siren they drain the battery quick too.

You would not believe how much all those accessories will draw if your running everything with the vehicle turned off. I've had my patrol truck battery go dead overnight because I left the dash cam and radio on. But then it was only a brand new Dodge Ram....

Not saying its right, not saying its wrong, but generally there are unforeseen reasons that unless you are in the job you don't understand. In the winter, I always left my truck running to keep the windows clean. Can't exactly run code to an emergency when you have to scrape the frost, ice or snow off, only to have your window fog up before you leave...
Old 04-01-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
So apparently a 2008 Ford Peace Officers truck was stolen Thursday morning in Millet. Peace Officer and Town of Millet marked on truck
That's kind of funny but not a good feeling coming out of a place and your ride is gone I guess lesson learned.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Banned

Recovered in Edmonton now.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Recovered in Edmonton now.
Dead battery ?
Old 04-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I highly doubt it, if anything it has an upgraded alternator and nothing else. I don't believe any of the Big 3 makes a pursuit rated truck either...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...eet-customers/

Legitimate reasons: well he probably has a radar unit that is on the entire shift just not transmitting, probably has an MDT or some other type of computer, must have a radio or two, perhaps a printer hooked up to the MDT depending upon how technologically advanced the agency is, amplifier for the radio, dash camera, if K9 then a fan for the pup in the back, cell phone charger, flashlight charger, belt mic charger... If on a call, or any other situation using lights/siren they drain the battery quick too.

You would not believe how much all those accessories will draw if your running everything with the vehicle turned off. I've had my patrol truck battery go dead overnight because I left the dash cam and radio on. But then it was only a brand new Dodge Ram....

Not saying its right, not saying its wrong, but generally there are unforeseen reasons that unless you are in the job you don't understand. In the winter, I always left my truck running to keep the windows clean. Can't exactly run code to an emergency when you have to scrape the frost, ice or snow off, only to have your window fog up before you leave...

Shhh
This is an Internet forum

No room for logic here.

Haters gonna hate, no matter the reason.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Banned

I was discussing this with a piece officer today on how brave or high the person must have been to swipe a law mans vehicle. What a ret-ard
Old 04-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
I was discussing this with a piece officer today on how brave or high the person must have been to swipe a law mans vehicle. What a ret-ard
There peace officers. There one step above Paul blart mall cop. You have to be a retard to be one.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Banned

I guess that's why they wanted me for an interview
Old 04-01-2016, 10:44 PM
Banned

It's kinda funny last night my brothers drive shaft fell out of his pickup so I took it out and drove it home from camrose. Almost made it home spotted a white suv behind me. I stopped a few times to make sure the slip yoke hadn't fallen out and sure as **** the sub is a peace officer. He tells me the vehicle is not road worthy and that I'm holding up traffic. I told him since we hit the gravel at bittern lake, he was the first car we had seen. I was three miles from the house gravel all the way and he wouldn't let me go. The son of a bitch followed us from camrose. These ****ers have too much time on their hands they are glorified tax collectors. Ndp henchmen in my eyes absolutely use less sacks of ****. They don't carry a gun. If my home gets invaded in the middle of the night all they can do is phone the cops and maybe blow a rape whistle.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Nothing brave about it. What's to fear? Getting a scolding from a judge?
Old 04-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Banned

More than likely someone called you in for driving a vehicle that's not road worthy. You were served
Old 04-01-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Chris, you almost got me thrown in Jail ! One tried to stop me and was he ever ****ed when I drove 15 miles to the Leduc RCMP with siren and lights going all the way...........good one............
Well, I apologize. And I am very glad you didn't end up in jail, or have something worse happen. Regarding this type of subject matter, I wouldn't post it as an April Fools joke. Far to dangerous to the public to joke about stolen police vehicles. So, once again, I am relieved everything turned out ok for you.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Nothing brave about it. What's to fear? Getting a scolding from a judge?
I would suspect it would have been used for a more serious crime, makes a guy wonder why ? Gang initiation ?
Old 04-01-2016, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfslayer View Post
It's kinda funny last night my brothers drive shaft fell out of his pickup so I took it out and drove it home from camrose. Almost made it home spotted a white suv behind me. I stopped a few times to make sure the slip yoke hadn't fallen out and sure as **** the sub is a peace officer. He tells me the vehicle is not road worthy and that I'm holding up traffic. I told him since we hit the gravel at bittern lake, he was the first car we had seen. I was three miles from the house gravel all the way and he wouldn't let me go. The son of a bitch followed us from camrose. These ****ers have too much time on their hands they are glorified tax collectors. Ndp henchmen in my eyes absolutely use less sacks of ****. They don't carry a gun. If my home gets invaded in the middle of the night all they can do is phone the cops and maybe blow a rape whistle.

So let me get this straight,
You were driving an unsafe vehicle,
He didn't give you a ticket or get your vehicle towed as a result, you were allowed to continue the 3 miles home,
Following you , most likely to ensure your safety and others
Seems reasonable enough

RCMP resources are spread thin in rural areas, so counties implement these peace officers to help,
Have been around long before the NDP became the government,
Thank the PCs for that one,

Maybe they do do a lot of traffic and bylaw related duties, but it's needed.