Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-01-2017, 05:24 PM

Default Hunting the Castle and OHV's

I just want to make sure I'm reading this one right, since it's a new area and all... From what I can tell by the regs, there is no OHV use in a Provincial Park, including the Castle (as it is not listed by as an exception). Is this true? What about on the existing OHV trails? Other trails?
See the table from the regs..
http://albertaregulations.ca/hunting...rovincialparks
Old 09-01-2017, 05:28 PM

From the Regs's for those that do't check the changes...

Hunters in WMU 400 need to be aware of the establishment of the Castle Provincial Park and the Castle Wildland Provincial Park. Hunting in both of these parks is permitted. Hunting (including bow hunting) in Castle Provincial Park requires a firearms discharge permit. Firearms discharge permits are not required to hunt in Castle Wildland Provincial Park. Firearm discharge permits are available online at: http://www.albertaparks.ca/albertapa...harge-permits/
For additional information regarding hunting in the Castle Provincial Park please contact (403) 627-1165
Old 09-01-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen1971 View Post
Is this true? What about on the existing OHV trails? Other trails?
See the table from the regs..
http://albertaregulations.ca/hunting...rovincialparks
I heard that they put up big boulders at a lot of the trail heads so you can no longer access the area by machines.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:55 PM

Atv trails still in use. With the exception of the current ban of there use due to dry conditions.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
Atv trails still in use. With the exception of the current ban of there use due to dry conditions.
I know of the ban, and I agree that they should be able to be used. But I don't like the chance of an "ambiguity" in the regs regarding them. If it's not an ambiguity, then it's black and white and it appears as a no during hunting..
Old 09-03-2017, 09:21 PM

From Alberta Parks (FB):

The safety of Alberta Parks' visitors is our top priority.
With wildfires threatening parks and campgrounds in the province, there are several current and impending closures people need to be aware of.
- In southern Alberta, a full forest closure is expected to be in place by 10 a.m. on Monday, September 4. This closure will include all areas south of Willow Creek.
- The South Castle Valley in Castle Wildland Provincial Park is now closed.
- A full closure of Castle Wildland Provincial Park is expected to take place by the afternoon of Monday, September 4.
- A wildfire north of Crescent Falls Provincial Recreation Area has led to its closure and the evacuation of the campground.
- The threat of wildfires has also closed several trails in Castle Provincial Park, Thompson Creek Provincial Recreation Area and Kootenay Provincial Recreation Area. Visit our website for details: http://www.albertaparks.ca/…/advisor...-…/advisories/
Wildfire conditions in these areas are well past the extreme level. In these conditions, wildfires can move very fast, and embers can create new fires several kilometres away. Forecasts indicate a new fire can reach up to 45 hectares in size in under an hour.
Please stay safe, and visit AlbertaParks.ca for the latest details on closures.