Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-01-2016, 09:02 AM

Default 800gram Hunting Boots ??

I am looking to replace my old Irish Setter Elk Trackers with 800 gram of thinsulate. What are you guys wearing? Any reviews would be appreciated.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:04 AM

Irish Setters / Wolverine boots, Rockys. You have had good luck with the Irish Setters, why not go with them again.

I to have a few pairs of Irish Setter and Wolverines for hunting and in work boots. Good product.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Fishing Maniac View Post
Irish Setters / Wolverine boots, Rockys. You have had good luck with the Irish Setters, why not go with them again.

I to have a few pairs of Irish Setter and Wolverines for hunting and in work boots. Good product.
I have a pair of Irish Setters in 400gram, and the sole is extremely hard and loud when walking on frozen hard ground, not sure if they maybe changed their rubber compounds or what, but that was the main reason that I was considering another boot.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:41 PM

I have worn Rocky linx 800's for about 12 years. As long as I am not sitting all day in deep snow they are on my feet. They are my go to boot from the opener of archery to a mid November mulie hunt. I really like the weight and warmth of them. Not too warm and my feet don't sweat too bad while walking.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Banned

Fairly new on the market in comparison are the Under Armor boots. I find them to be like walking in sneakers, even after 3 years in them. My work boots are Helly Hanson and they are very comfortable as well. The other brand, if you can find them, is Keen. They make a great boot as well as the other ones already listed in the other replies. Lot's to choose from, just have to try them on. Everyone's feet are slightly different and what I like, you may hate.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:32 AM

I have Cableas's Meindl "Perfekt Hunters" they have 400 grams insulation. Not warm enough for the coldest days. Liked them so much bought Cabela's Meidle Pac Boots, supper warm, gortex