Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 AM

Default BC Grizzly Hunting Under Attack

Here's the link, I ask that the members of this board respect the copyright since it expects the same of it's own publications.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home
Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
One in 10 black bears carries a recessive gene that gives them a white colouring, and the coalition warns that female black bears killed during the spring hunt are often pregnant, potentially with white cubs.
Impossible. Sows are bred in the spring but the embryo's don't implant until fall and they give birth the follwing spring. So there can't be a pregnant sow in the springtime. I'm pretty sure thats how it works with bears. 99% certain.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Banned

Do not expect biological or ANY other form of factual reality from either the mass media or the so-called "environmentalists" on bears or anything else.

Very simply, Grizzlys mate here in BC from about mid-June to mid-July and then the blastocyst is not implanted in the uterine wall until Oct. or even Nov. So, a spring- "preggers" Grizzly sow simply does not exist in an non-anthropomorphic situation. Blacks breed from April to August and also exhibit "delayed implantation".

The various extremist "environmental" groups, the Indians and even, sadly, some genuine biologists will, have and are using lies, distortions of empirical conclusions and total propaganda to advance THEIR agenda. This is not unusual in environmental management conflicts, but, when some US-based group or politician, i.e., Robert Kennedy, Jr., grandson of Hitler's pal, Joe Kennedy, tries to interfere in our society, it is time to fight back.

I have as much respect for these phonies as I do for foreigners in the GO "industry" here in BC and BOTH of these groups ARE impacting resident hunters and other Canadians in an unacceptably destructive fashion.

I just spoke with the B.C. Minister of the Environment's office earlier today and will talk to the Forests staff and Premier's Office tomorrow. I am polite, BUT, I do point out that B.C. belongs to people, like me, whose ancestors built it and WE are TIRED of these sniveling, useless and foreign groups interfering in OUR affairs.

I urge everyone here to write and/or call the BC MOE in Victoria and TELL them, as Canadians, WE support sports hunting by Canadians and will NOT accept a ban on it.