Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2015, 07:52 PM

Default Bad News about Canada

Just like I don't know anyone who voted Dipper I do not know any
Avowed racists . But apparently the whole country is racist .

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10...n_8260110.html

To answer one question in this article . The reason no political leader is
Addressing First Nation issues because the distribution of approximately
9 billion dollars to FN people is abysmal .No change and no return .

Quoted the other day chief Weaselhead stated that though 70% or more
Of children in foster are native . The real problem is the system is under
Funded . So we should paying people to be good parents . Just gets
Crazier and crazier .
The media eats this crap up .
Old 10-18-2015, 07:59 PM

The more that they are given , the more that they ask for. No matter how much they are given, it won't be enough.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The more that they are given , the more that they ask for. No matter how much they are given, it won't be enough.
Exactly
Get a job. Contribute to society. Make something of yourself, dont expect anyone to give you a free ride.
I am a highschool dropout, yes it was my decision and I knew better. But I did it. So instead of begging for a handout I went and got a job. Made a career for myself. Now im an oilfield consultant (Yes still working lots)
Anyone in this whole entire world could have done the exact same thing I did, I was given nothing. I am 31 years old now, and have zero sympathy for anyone looking for a handout whether their white, indian, black or muslim. Hard work speaks volumes, if your not willing to work for it than you dont deserve it. The free ride needs to stop now!
Old 10-18-2015, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It is never enough when a new Zamboni has to be trucked in for the new hockey rink....the school of course gets more run down but that is not as important as hockey....neither is paying attention to the facts such as there are 300+ Chiefs of FN Bands across Canada that get paid more than the Prime Mininster and at the same time those people feed money to their cronies on the councils.Nope not enough money is all....more like more than enough money but it is being systematically stolen from them by thier OWN leaders.

FTH
Old 10-18-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Nope not enough money is all....more like more than enough money but it is being systematically stolen from them by thier OWN leaders.
But they refuse to blame their own leaders for the corruption. Instead they blame the government, and ask for more.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 PM

I don't know why we would be blaming the fn for the condition of the tribes now. We should be blaming our government. Fn is looked at as a government agency and money is alotted as such. Now in every other agency there is accountability, not so in the fn. It is the governments fault for the condition of the fn not a fn problem.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhntr View Post
I don't know why we would be blaming the fn for the condition of the tribes now. We should be blaming our government. Fn is looked at as a government agency and money is alotted as such. Now in every other agency there is accountability, not so in the fn. It is the governments fault for the condition of the fn not a fn problem.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Wow you really need to wake up. Why should the government be held accountable for the mismanagement of FN funding by the FN elected leaders??? The canadian government has zero say in who the FN people elect to represent them and care for them.
And if the government did try to intervene there would be extreme outcry from FN people.

Let me guess, your of FN descent?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:56 PM

The government has asked for accountability-over and over again. The fn leaders just simply refuse to comply.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:57 PM

Nope no fn decent. Just agree that it is our government issue as they still have the responsibility to follow up with money given and make sure management is done right.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:00 PM

If you are a manager of a department at a company, wouldn't your boss talk to you and make sure that you are managing the money there properly? The government is weak and needs to take back control and retrain the fn as to how to manage money.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
It is never enough when a new Zamboni has to be trucked in for the new hockey rink....the school of course gets more run down but that is not as important as hockey....neither is paying attention to the facts such as there are 300+ Chiefs of FN Bands across Canada that get paid more than the Prime Mininster and at the same time those people feed money to their cronies on the councils.Nope not enough money is all....more like more than enough money but it is being systematically stolen from them by thier OWN leaders.

FTH
Take a drive through Onion Lake Sask. Brand new Zamboni, Their hockey team has a nice shiny bus, tons of oil revenue from CNRL and Black Pearl. But a huge amount houses are in absolute shambles, unlivable in my mind.
Yet there are those elected indians who are driving new Escalades and 1 ton diesel Denali trucks and in the VLT's all night. Its absolutely sickening. They cant help take care of themselves but expect the goverment to up the funding.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
If you are a manager of a department at a company, wouldn't your boss talk to you and make sure that you are managing the money there properly? The government is weak and needs to take back control and retrain the fn as to how to manage money.
So what is your boss supposed to do if he asks where you are spending money and you tell him that it is none of his business? But the key is, that you were elected by the band, and your boss can't fire you. So your boss really has no way to hold you accountable.

On the other hand, the people in the band keep electing you, even though you keep spending the money on yourself , your family, and your friends. Now who is really to blame for the situation that the band is in?
Old 10-18-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Wrong the government needs to demand where the funding is going and cut the funding when it is mismanaged!!!
When government officials try to source out the usage of federal money on reserves the reserves cry racism. Its a double edged sword, and canada is in a real dilemna with this. Time to cut all funding and make every canadian accountable for their own success or demisse.
And currently it is extremely mismanaged. Take a drive through any rural Alberta reserve.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:10 PM

Two questions i want to know. I cant find it.

What was the total budget allocated in 2014 for FN?

What was the 2014 FN population?

Then i can think about...

Is this a matter of throwing more money at a problem or a problem with those in charge of spending when they get it?

What is the current infrastructure lifespan once built?

Is this a problem with accountability on both sides?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-18-2015, 09:11 PM

You beat me to it Elk
Old 10-18-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Two questions i want to know. I cant find it.

What was the total budget allocated in 2014 for FN?

What was the 2014 FN population?

Then i can think about...

Is this a matter of throwing more money at a problem or a problem with those in charge of spending when they get it?

What is the current infrastructure lifespan once built?

Is this a problem with accountability on both sides?
Good questions!!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-Eyes View Post
The government has asked for accountability-over and over again. The fn leaders just simply refuse to comply.
Call me crazy but a break easy fix if any politician ever had the parts. Final payment, no more handouts(it obviously isn't working), if you want money get a job like everyone else and actually become a productive member on society instead of a drain. But hey they give law enforcement and corrections job security right. Call me a racist if you will I prefer realist.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranets View Post
Call me crazy but a break easy fix if any politician ever had the parts. Final payment, no more handouts(it obviously isn't working), if you want money get a job like everyone else and actually become a productive member on society instead of a drain. But hey they give law enforcement and corrections job security right. Call me a racist if you will I prefer realist.
Amen brother