Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2015, 09:19 AM

Default Election predictions...

It's coming up! I got my registration card in the mail on Friday. So...with less than a month until the federal election, what are your predictions for what the House of Commons is going to look like after October 19? There are 338 seats now. Looking at the information available, here's my expected breakdown:

PC 115
ND 111
Lib 109
Gr 1
BQ 2

Which will probably result in another general election within a year. This could be interesting...and scary.

Closest member wins bragging rights!

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 09-27-2015, 09:25 AM

PC 127
Lib 109
NDP 98
Green 2
BQ 2
Old 09-27-2015, 09:27 AM

$1 dollar Bob!
Old 09-27-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knownonscents View Post
$1 dollar Bob!
Beat me to it!!!!!
Old 09-27-2015, 09:38 AM

Which of those party's has Trump in it? I choose that one.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Which of those party's has Trump in it? I choose that one.

Scary, scary thought..... Trump with the ability to launch nuclear weapons! Heaven help us....
Old 09-27-2015, 10:26 AM

Lib: 116
Con: 110
Dip: 108
Kbec: 3
Gr: 1

Not what I hope for, but what I expect. I think treaudink is going to get an election night boost from Onticraphole and poutine voters that don't like Harper but have realized lefter beard is worse. Unless Harper has a stack of aces up every orfice and starts using them pretty soon. Then again, a week is a lifetime in politics, so there is hope for a bilateral leftard suicide.

Hate to quote him but....enjoy the decline

Now where's my mirror....I'm gonna throw it at the ^ moose
Old 09-27-2015, 11:53 AM

Pretty good chance of a minority. If I were betting, I would go with a PC minority, but polls are suggesting the Libs are within reach. One thing for sure is that the majority by popular vote is favouring the centre-left.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Scary, scary thought..... Trump with the ability to launch nuclear weapons! Heaven help us....
Never need to 'cause everybody likes him.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Banned

The PC's (or the Conservative Party of Canada, as I like to call them), are at minority victory status right now, they have the mo, all their slightly soiled laundry has been aired out by the left wing media ad infinitum and is now pretty much tired news.

People are starting to see the withering of Alberta under Notley and are getting scared of the NDP working similar magic across the country. (Nobody wants to be the guy that admits he slept with the fat chick after the party)

Every time Harper opens his mouth he sounds impressive and prime ministerial. The other two sound like junior high students that can't work a calculator. The dippers and libs promises will only become more outrageous as they try to fight their way to be number two. (the will both always be number two to me)

The Cons have full coffers and are about to start dumping some serious advertising money. Mulcair owes 14 billion on his $400,000 house, and Trudeau is having a serious spat with his hair stylist.

= Conservative victory...majority territory
Cons - 171
Libs - 99
NDP - 67
Drunken Slob - 1

Keep in mind, I never once dreamt that the NDP would be in power in Alberta. My crystal ball was made in China I think, and I may be overly full of optimism after Edmonton squeaked out a victory yesterday afternoon.

Last edited by rugatika; 09-27-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:38 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
The PC's (or the Conservative Party of Canada, as I like to call them), are at minority victory status right now, they have the mo, all their dirty laundry has been aired out by the left wing media and is now pretty much tired news.

People are starting to see the withering of Alberta under Notley and are getting scared of the NDP working similar magic across the country.

Every time Harper opens his mouth he sounds impressive and prime ministerial. The other two sound like junior high students that can't work a calculator. The Cons have full coffers and are about to start dumping some serious advertising money. Mulcair owes 14 billion on his $400,000 house, and Trudeau is having a serious spat with his hair stylist.

Cons - 171
Libs - 99
NDP - 67
Drunken Slob - 1

Keep in mind, I never once dreamt that the NDP would be in power in Alberta. My crystal ball was made in China I think.
No crystal ball, crystal meth or crystal chandeliers for me. No tea leaves, tarot cards or Tibetan monk chants. No seances, soothsayers, or secret agendas.

I just read what Rug posts and say Yep!!!!!!

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
No crystal ball, crystal meth or crystal chandeliers for me. No tea leaves, tarot cards or Tibetan monk chants. No seances, soothsayers, or secret agendas.

I just read what Rug posts and say Yep!!!!!!
Yep
Old 09-27-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
The PC's (or the Conservative Party of Canada, as I like to call them), are at minority victory status right now, they have the mo, all their slightly soiled laundry has been aired out by the left wing media ad infinitum and is now pretty much tired news.

People are starting to see the withering of Alberta under Notley and are getting scared of the NDP working similar magic across the country. (Nobody wants to be the guy that admits he slept with the fat chick after the party)

Every time Harper opens his mouth he sounds impressive and prime ministerial. The other two sound like junior high students that can't work a calculator. The dippers and libs promises will only become more outrageous as they try to fight their way to be number two. (the will both always be number two to me)

The Cons have full coffers and are about to start dumping some serious advertising money. Mulcair owes 14 billion on his $400,000 house, and Trudeau is having a serious spat with his hair stylist.

Cons - 171
Libs - 99
NDP - 67
Drunken Slob - 1

Keep in mind, I never once dreamt that the NDP would be in power in Alberta. My crystal ball was made in China I think, and I may be overly full of optimism after Edmonton squeaked out a victory yesterday afternoon.

I really want this to be correct.

And "drunken slob", yep.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:05 PM

I won't throw out a number, but I see a slim CPC majority, with the Dips being the screechy opposition and Shiny Pony as an Also Ran. May will get a seat or two out of Lotus land, and happily sup at the trough.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Banned

CPC 149
ND 70
Lib 60
BQ 50
Others 9
Old 09-27-2015, 04:49 PM

I suspect people will come to their senses and the orange wave of communist destruction will be back in the far reaches of fringe thinking where they belong. Even though they've been hiding their mla's from the press the crazy is coming out in the papers daily now.

Plus of the party leaders there's only one who exhibit's leadership and statesman qualities. Mr. Harper is by far the best leader this country has had in generations. Surely most adults see that.

My guess
CPC 162
Lib 54
Bloc 50
NDP 32
Gr/other 7
Old 09-27-2015, 04:50 PM

Gotta go with Rug, Frog, Purg and Suka on this one. Decisive Conservative majority
Old 09-27-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:

Cons - 171
Libs - 99
NDP - 67
Drunken Slob - 1
I'd love to see something like that (except for the slunken drob); but I don't think it has a snowball's chance in Hades of actually happening.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 09-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
I'd love to see something like that (except for the slunken drob); but I don't think it has a snowball's chance in Hades of actually happening.
I'm a glass is 7/8 full type of guy.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I'm a glass is 7/8 full type of guy.
7/8 curl sounds good to me. yep, I agree !
Old 09-27-2015, 07:53 PM
Banned

Default I have no fricken clue

Clearly I want a Conservative majority but that may not happen.A Conservative minority is the next best thing.I truly doubt Canadians will give the NDP/Libs even a minority government.If they do they believe in unicorns that pee rainbows.

If it comes to a minority Conservative government then the next issue is if the NDP tries to court the Libs to form a coalition and try to STEAL control of Government....if that is attempted Harper will prorogue parliament for a small breather and to cool things off whilst paying attention to the polls.....with the general question being "Did you vote for these 2 clowns ganging up?" and much like when it was tried before Canadians will get quite vocal.After all you dont take 2nd and 3rd place and make them into 1st place whilst thwarting and ignoring the will of the elecorate.If the NDP/Libs try to form a coalition then Harper will drop the writ again and call another election.....and the Conservatives coffers for another run on the hustings will be more than the NDP/Libs combined.....not to mention the angry backlash by the electorate of 2 parties trying to subvert the electoral process.

Lots of time left on the hustings and I truly want to see Commie Tom get ambushed and pushed into a confrontation that brings out Angry Tom so as to show him in his true colors and not the BS "uncle Tom" image he is running.

FTH
Old 09-27-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
If it comes to a minority Conservative government then the next issue is if the NDP tries to court the Libs to form a coalition and try to STEAL control of Government....if that is attempted Harper will prorogue parliament for a small breather and to cool things off whilst paying attention to the polls.....with the general question being "Did you vote for these 2 clowns ganging up?" and much like when it was tried before Canadians will get quite vocal.After all you dont take 2nd and 3rd place and make them into 1st place whilst thwarting and ignoring the will of the elecorate.If the NDP/Libs try to form a coalition then Harper will drop the writ again and call another election.....and the Conservatives coffers for another run on the hustings will be more than the NDP/Libs combined.....not to mention the angry backlash by the electorate of 2 parties trying to subvert the electoral process.
The NDP and Liberals will form a coalition, informal or formal, and try to bring down the government at the first chance. General support for a coalition is high in Canada right now... 57% according to this.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-three-way-tie

The Govenor General will need to grant the prorogue when the PM asks. If not, PM can ask the GG to dissolve parliament and trigger elections again. GG can decline that too and ask the opposition to form government and Trudeau or Mulcair become PM and work together.

Riots begin out west and the RCMP move in to remove now illegal firearms and so on, and so forth.

I think GG Johnstone will grant the prorogue though.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
The NDP and Liberals will form a coalition, informal or formal, and try to bring down the government at the first chance. General support for a coalition is high in Canada right now... 57% according to this.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-three-way-tie

The Govenor General will need to grant the prorogue when the PM asks. If not, PM can ask the GG to dissolve parliament and trigger elections again. GG can decline that too and ask the opposition to form government and Trudeau or Mulcair become PM and work together.

Riots begin out west and the RCMP move in to remove now illegal firearms and so on, and so forth.

I think GG Johnstone will grant the prorogue though.
I'm not sure a porogue would be granted again so soon after Harper used it last time to save the PC's. That last time was the only time I've heard of it in 40+ years of voting. Just my guess, I ,like most of you, have no real knowledge of parliamentary law....
Old 09-28-2015, 09:29 AM

I'm seeng a lot of Liberal lawn signs in my riding, though our incumbent is Conservative. The Liberal Candidate in my riding is Kent Hehr, who was paralyzed by a drive-by shooting many years ago. I think that many of the Conservative voters might well be opting to lay low on their support and not run lawn signs, but still vote blue. With the amount of sanctimonious leftist rhetoric I've seen lately I feel that many will choose to not engage the trolls and just hit the polls.

With things seeming almost a 3-way dead heat it is rather unnerving. I'd prefer PC but do I wish they'd change in a few aspects, and as much as I'd prefer otherwise at least the Liberals have run the nation before, but to me the possibility of an NDP majority is absolutely nightmarish.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 09-28-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:37 AM

i think with the NDP dropping after the French Language Debate, I think its a toss up between Liberals and Conservatives. The Dress Attire issue in Quebec has taken a large chunk out of the NDP's base, and I think the Liberals stand to capitalize on it. I predict either a Liberal or Conservative squeeker win.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:43 AM

I think the NDP has slipped in Quebec by a lot more than they realize. The Bloc and the Liberals are going to steal some seats there. I can't believe the media that the NDP will make gains in Saskatchewan. They hate the NDP.

Cons: 153
Libs: 108
NDP: 62
Bloc: 15
Green: 0
Old 09-28-2015, 02:11 PM

PC 120
Libs 114
NDP 96
BQ 6
Green 2

But I think dips are slipping, with their loss at the libs gain, who I now think have a chance at a minority.

Last edited by Jadham; 09-28-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:45 PM

PC majoriey especially after tonites foreign policy debate, the Dippers and Liberals positions are downright scary
Old 09-28-2015, 02:49 PM

I'd like to see a C majority, but, to be honest it doesn't matter... They will all lie and cheat and break promises.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
I'd like to see a C majority, but, to be honest it doesn't matter... They will all lie and cheat and break promises.
It's some of the NDP's promises that scare me, if they didn't fulfill those it would be a good thing! Hopefully they're not handed the mandate