Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM

Default Diamond-Bowtech-Razer edge

Went down today to Jim bow's in Calgary today and shot my first bow. I shot a razer egde bow and started with a 30 pound draw weight to the legal 40 pound. Im thinkng about buying the bow, It come's with a quiver, sights and the bow for $414.00.

Brace height:7"
Axle-to-axle:31"
Draw weight:20,60
Draw length:19"-29"
IBO speed:308

boondocks accessory package:
-3-pin fiber optic sight
-hostage capture arrow rest
-black 4-arrow 2-piece quiver
-braided wrist sling
-peep sight

I shot this bow about 10 times shooting 3 arrows everytime. I first started of shooting at 10 yards and i was doing pretty darn good. Then i went to 20 Yards and was still hitting the paper.
This would be my first bow, and i want to get into bow hunting.
So if you gays/gals have any info on this bow could you please let me know. Thanks>
Hunter10
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Thumbs up yup

yup as long as it feels good in your hands and you can pull 40plus ponds on it for the price it sounds like a good starter but i am a big fan of you get what you pay for so in one or to seasons you will proably need to up grade i would thing if you stay serious into bow hunting just my thoughts i hope it helps you out
Old 01-11-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkynuts View Post
yup as long as it feels good in your hands and you can pull 40plus ponds on it for the price it sounds like a good starter but i am a big fan of you get what you pay for so in one or to seasons you will proably need to up grade i would thing if you stay serious into bow hunting just my thoughts i hope it helps you out
Jim told me that this bow will last you for about 5 years. Because its so adjustable. the only thing I am worried about is where i will hunt
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 PM

what do you mean no where to go or pretty ruged terain
Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 PM

no cause im only 13 and i would go by my self i think.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:11 PM

oh ten four dident know you where so young i think you need to be 16 ? maybe 14 to hunt on your own with out a gardeian it states in the regs i dont have a copy on me but if you put up a post for your area there are a lot of good wise hunters on the site willing to take a young guy out and teach etc so you can try that
Old 01-11-2009, 07:13 PM

you might even want to look at joinig your local fish and game and once you get to know some pepole or even ask around i think you will be fine
Old 01-11-2009, 07:15 PM

ok, where is the best area around calgary?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 PM

not shure i am up around edmonton maybe a few guys will log on here soon and help you out a bit more
Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM

Smile

oK THANKS MAN
Old 01-11-2009, 07:30 PM

Thumbs up

hey i posted the gen discusion so maybe some guys will read it in your area and get you out and about
Old 01-11-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkynuts View Post
hey i posted the gen discusion so maybe some guys will read it in your area and get you out and about
Thank you very much Man, your great
Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 PM

Some good things for you to look into.

First time hunter program.

http://www.aheia.com/serve_content.c...Time%20Hunters

Youth programs.

http://www.aheia.com/serve_content.c...uth%20Seminars
Old 01-12-2009, 09:20 AM

This is a great bow, I bought my son the exact same one for his birthday this fall. I believe his is the one that goes up to 60lbs, and up to a 29" draw length. If he decides he no longer wants to bowhunt, at least I'll have a great little backup bow...
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
This is a great bow, I bought my son the exact same one for his birthday this fall. I believe his is the one that goes up to 60lbs, and up to a 29" draw length. If he decides he no longer wants to bowhunt, at least I'll have a great little backup bow...
Yeah it is the same bow. It felt pretty good when I shot it so i guess im buying it.