Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-02-2009, 11:00 AM

Default Scorpion bowstrings

Has anyone used the scorpion strings. How are they and how is the customer service. I shoot the guardian and I am looking at a string replacement.

Thanks

LUC
Old 01-02-2009, 05:41 PM

Thumbs up Strings

The strings are very well built, but I would have a pro shop install them as sometimes the string and cables need to be adjusted to fit properly.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22 AM

Imo I think the #1 string and cables out there are from "winners choice".
The true test is to see what your "peep" does after shooting in a new set of string and cables. With winners, there is no rotation. So far with the majority of the others ones, your peep will rotate and thus requires re-adjusting.

Aim Small Miss Small
Old 01-11-2009, 05:08 PM

Have a look at worlds best strings and grips. He is out of leader sask and he builds one hell of a good set of strings and cables. I got him to make me a set last year at the mother of all shoots for my black ice and he will be making me a set for my new ice man when it comes in
www.worldsbeststrings.com

Last edited by stand junkie; 01-12-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand junkie View Post
Have a look at worlds best strings and grips. He is out of leader sask and he builds one hell of a good set of strings and cables. I got him to make me a set last year at the mother of all shoots for my black ice and he will be making me a set for my new ice man when it comes in
www.worldsbestsrings.com
missing the t in strings

www.worldsbeststrings.com
Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 PM

Default strings

believe me you do not want them
Old 01-16-2009, 08:24 PM

I have Winners on my bows but have heard good things about Scorpion. I have tried worlds best a few years ago and was not impressed one bit; way to much stretch.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER GUIDE View Post
believe me you do not want them
Why not post something more substantive than this? If you know something good or bad about a product, why not share it rather than just making a statement like this?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 PM

I want one I heard they give you 10 fps on your setup right off the hop...I cant see how but who knows? and apparently they have very little stretch...

What colors do they come in...LOL I wanna compliment my cardiac hahaha take pride in your equipment LOL
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiacphil View Post
I want one I heard they give you 10 fps on your setup right off the hop...
It's all in the build.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I have Winners on my bows but have heard good things about Scorpion. I have tried worlds best a few years ago and was not impressed one bit; way to much stretch.
I have shot allens strings on many bows and never once did I have one stretch on me and make my peep turn. I have a bow here that has them on right now and the peep has not moved once since I put them on last year prob close to 10000 shots on it and never a prob with them strings are just starting to show wear now

As far as scorpion they can make a good string also if they slow down and take their time with them
Old 01-17-2009, 01:45 AM

Yeah, everyone who i have met who has them on their bow has good things to say. I mean people I have physically met and seen their set ups... My friend has a diamond marquis with the scorpion and he loves it, also has a hoyt trykon with winners choice and its stretched...its his third winners choice!!!and he shoots the marquis every day!!!

Hmmm...makes ya wonder
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:46 AM

I've had no problems with the WC's. Most problems with pre-stretched string revolve around high expectations (IE not seating the strings RTFI) or expecting 8125 to not move 100* F weather or better yet inside the cab of the pick-up in the same weather. When I have time I build my own. Non stretching 8125 will move 1/4" for every 30" of length. Try to get a handle on that when the spec's are calling for xxx & 9/16"